Prologue

The Story of Us

“Give me your sweetest smile, okay?” Yoona said to the couple in front of her as she aims to take a photograph of the newlyweds. “All set? Okay, hana.. duhl.. se.. smile!” then she clicks the camera button. “Beautiful. Now wrap your arms around your wife, Mr. Jung…Neh, like that! Okay let’s take another shot. Hana..duhl..se!” another click. “And…we’re done! Thank you for your cooperation.” Yoona bowed with a big smile.

“Thank you so much, Yoona-shii.” Mrs. Jung bowed to Yoona.

“Gwaenchanayo, Mrs. Jung. Congratulations to the both of you!” she greeted.

“We will call you as soon as we get back from our honeymoon to pick up the photos.”  Mr. Jung told the photographer.

“Sure Mr. Jung. Enjoy your honeymoon!” she responded emphasizing the word ‘enjoy’.

“I’m sure we will, Yoona-shii.” Mr. Jung mischievously smiled at his wife. Mrs. Jung just blushed and lightly hit her husband’s arm.

Yoona giggled at the cuteness of the newlyweds. “Oh, you guys can change your outfits now. Your flight is tonight, isn’t it?”

“Oh right, Yoona-shii. We will be going. Thank you again.” Mrs. Jung lightly squeezed the younger’s hand.

“Don’t mention it Mrs. Jung. I’m happy to serve you.” Yoona give them an assuring smile.

“You’re so kind, Yoona-shii. Your future husband is surely lucky to have you.” Mr. Jung complimented.

The smile from Yoona’s face suddenly vanished but still she managed to regain her cheerfulness. “Ah. Thank you, Mr. Jung.”

“Yeah. That guy’s really lucky. Come on jagiya, we’ll be late for our flight. We’ll see you soon Yoona-shii.” The newlyweds bowed to Yoona and she bowed back. Her eyes followed the leaving figures of the couple still smiling but as soon as the couple get lost in her eyes her face dropped.

Lucky? I don’t think so.

“Cute couple isn’t they?” a voice said out of nowhere.

Yoona was startled by the sudden voice. She searched for the voice and stopped at the door of the photo room where she spotted a very familiar person. “Omo unnie, you startled me. What are you doing here?”

The short-haired girl approached Yoona and gives her a warm hug. “Just visiting our princess deer choding.” She broke the hug and grinned at the younger. “You’ve been busy these past few months, huh? We expected to see you on Taeng and Teukie-oppa’s !st anniversary but it’s a no-show for you.”

“Yeah. I’m sorry I didn’t make it there. But I’ve sent my regards and gift to the both of them. It’s just I can’t leave my job here, Sooyoung-unnie.” She explained.

Sooyoung nodded. “I could see that. But it’s much better if you’re there. The group misses you. I miss you, Yoong. How long are you gonna be like this? It’s been 8 months. You better get a life now. Move on, Yoong.” She scolded at the younger.

Yoona looked down. Her unnie is right. Absolutely right. But what could she do?

Sooyoung sighed. “I’m soory about that Yoong but I’m just worried about you. You’re getting worse and the last time I checked you were in the hospital because of overfatigued. Take care of yourself Yoong. Just try helping yourself so you can finally move on.”

Yoona looked at her unnie. “That’s so easy for you to say unnie. Trust me, I’ve been telling myself for the longest time to forget about the past and move on but it’s..it’s hopeless unnie. I’m so hopeless. I don’t know what to do anymore.”

Sooyoung can tell the deep sadness with Yoona’s voice and she could see that tears are starting to well up in her deer-like eyes. She held Yoona’s shoulder. “I understand what you’re feeling right now Yoong. But don’t you think it’s for the best if you let yourself move on? I mean don’t let the past eat everything out of you. Besides we are all here for you no matter what.” At her unnie’s words, Yoona can’t hold back her tears anymore. Tears start to fall on her pale cheek. She’s crying. Again. Sooyoung wrapped her arms around the crying choding. “Sshh. It’s okay Yoong. Let it all out if that would make you feel better then go on. Cry as much as you like. It’s okay. You’re gonna be okay.”

I wish unnie. I want to be okay. I really do.