The Sequel: Part 1

The Proposal

Decided to do the sequel to the oneshot :)

I'll be updating it in two parts because it's kinda long and I don't know what's going to happen next. It leaves off at a cliffhanger ;)

Note: This is written in first person from Myungsoo's POV.


 

 

I was standing there in front of her lifeless body, oblivious to my surroundings. I could hear faint sounds of sirens and people talking in the background.

I watched as the crimson liquid fell from her stained clothes to the ground.

 

Drip, drip, drip. I wanted to reach out and protect her, to hold her in my arms, to stop the blood from flowing, to hug her back to life. But one glance at her opened eyes, and I knew it would be to no avail.

 

In short, she was dead.

 

From out of the blue, I felt a cold hand graze my cheek. I looked down at Juhee’s body and screamed.

She was blinking, looking at me with eyes of a demon and a smirk playing on her lips. She was... breathing.

Then opened, bitterly pouring out words.

 

“You killed me, Myungsoo. You were the one I loved and what did you do?” She rasped. “You crashed into my ing car and sent me off to the land of the dead.” Then I felt my breath quickening as something cold and icy squeezed my neck. I looked down to see Juhee’s pale hands around my neck, strangling me, and I helplessly glanced back at Juhee.

 

I couldn’t even recognize her. Her eyes were full of hate and disgust.

 

 

This wasn’t the Juhee I knew.

This wasn’t my Juhee.

 

 

I broke into a cold sweat and shouted for help, for anyone to come pry this crazy dead woman off me. I sat up all of a sudden and hit my head against something. I glanced around with wide eyes and sighed in relief.

It was a dream. It felt wrong for me to think this, but I was relieved the dream wasn’t real and Juhee hadn’t come back from the dead. I buried my head in my arms from frustration and sadness.

 

It’s already been two years, Myungsoo. Why haven’t you moved on? Why do you keep dreaming about Juhee? Same old dream, every month, every night. It’s time for me to let go.

 

I got up from my bed and decided to take a quick stroll to breathe in some fresh air and clear my head. I walked aimlessly, weaving through the blocks of the busy city, and unknowingly found myself in front of a field.

 

 

A field with tombstones.

A cemetery.

The cemetery where my Juhee was buried.

 

 

I gasped and felt the urge to turn away, to walk out of this place filled with lost memories and forgotten names, but it seemed like my legs had a mind of their own. I unwillingly walked over to the site where Juhee had been buried.

 

 

Here lies Bae Juhee.

Killed by her boyfriend, Kim Myungsoo.

May she rest in peace.

 

 

That was what I kept seeing as I knelt in front of her grave.

 

Juhee, can you see me from where you are right now? Are you having a good time in heaven? I hope you haven’t forgotten about me. Have you forgiven me yet? Every day I pray for your forgiveness, but I keep having the same nightmare. I’m really sorry, Juhee. It was an accident. I was supposed to propose to you that day. I’m so sorry, Juhee; I will never give up until I receive your forgiveness.

 

 

Suddenly, my vision blurred, and I saw an angelic face in front of me. I yelped in surprise, but smiled when I recognized the face--it was Juhee. She smiled at me, and said, “Myungsoo, don’t worry. I know it wasn’t your fault,” and slowly began to fade away.

I reached out for her; I had so many questions to ask, so many things to tell her, so many experiences to share with her, but my fingers only grasped thin air and she left with a smile.

 

 

Turn around, she mouthed to me before she completely faded away.

 

 


[A/N: This is only part 1 to the sequel. I'll be updating part 2 soon!]