I Wish I Was Pretty

My Warriors and I
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 1: I Wish I Was Pretty

 

As you get ready to go to another horrifying day at school, you sigh deeply and think about all the things that are most likely going to happen today: get bullied by the "it" girls of Seoul High School, study in a lone corner in the library, skip lunch so that the "it" girls won't have to bully you, and-THE INTERNSHIP! You suddenly get excited because you remember that today is the day that they announce the winner for the 2 week internship to China at the Terra Cotta exhibit. You smile to yourself as you get excited about something for the very first time since your parents died. You are now living with your grandmother and aunt and they treat you so well, you feel forever indebt to them.

"Jin Ha-ah! Time for school!" you hear your aunt call out from downstairs.

"Coming!" you reply. You have a great smile on your face as you go down the stairs and immediately, your aunt and grandmother take notice of this. 

"Oh? Is this a genuine smile I see? Did something happen this early in the morning or have you always been this cheeky?" you aunt smiles as she pinches your cheeks.

"Hehe~ Ne! Today is the day the principal announces who gets to go to China for the internship!" you smile.

"Oh, jincha? I just know you're going to get chosen, Jinnie-yah!" your grandmother smiles at you.

"Ne~ I hope so..." you say. After finishing your breakfast, you start your walk to school.

~~~At School~~~

You slowly creep into the premises of the school, tying not to get noticed by people...and the "it" girls. But I guess you just aren't that lucky today.

"There she is! Our favorite gyejib has finally made an appearance!" Taecyeon stares down at you. Suzy and Eunyoung hover over you and smirk.

"Did you actually think that you could run away from us? Aww~ Gyejib-ah, you're so funny!" Suzy fake laughs at you. You keep you head down as they start to poke you and insult everything about you: your "ugly" face, your "overweight" body, your "squeaky" voice...You wanted to block everything they were saying out and just hit them for once in your life, but you don't have the courage to because everything that they said, you concidered it the truth...Even though others think otherwise.

"Yah! What do you girls think you're doing?! Yah!" a teacher calls out to Suzy, Taecyeon, and Eunyoung. They lok at the teacher, give you one hard shove, then strut away. You are on the floor when the teacher finally gets to you.

"Jin Hae-ssi, gwenchana?" Ms. Choi asks as she helps you stand up. You nod. Ms. Choi sighs a deep sigh, "Jin Hae-ssi, you have to start standing up for yourself or this is just going to keep giong and going. This has also been going on for four years now, so it's about time to have a change don't you think?" You just look at the floor, not saying anything. Ms. Choi sighs again and tells you to go to the principal's office with her. You followed her, still keeping your head to the ground.

~~~0o0~~~

"Jin Hae-ssi? Please take a seat," Principal Kim says. "We have deliberated all the applications for the Chi

Please log in to read the full chapter