minhoxtaemin

Bits and Pieces (drabble collection)

 

Isn’t it amazing? How a place can be completely destroyed- shattered- and it heals? In the midst of the black, charred ground, there are little sprouts. Springing up where it looks like nothing could live. It’s beautiful, isn’t it? Stunning. And after those first few sprouts, even more come up, until it’s a sea of green.

Until it’s thriving, with no sign that anything had ever happened before. Well, except for the little things. Charred bits of rock, here and there. But even those, with time, will disappear. They will all sink into the sea of green.

But with matters of the heart, that wasn’t the case. Nothing ever goes away completely. Nothing ever disappears. Give it time, and scars will fade. Memories will be forgotten. But there will still be bits and pieces.

Some things come willingly to the mind. Small remembrances, of lingering touches, long gone. Stolen kisses, in the midst of day. Blushes of a first confession.

Others only come up when you’re feeling depressed. They come up in nightmares, ones that have you tossing and turning for all the night. The first tears falling from the eyes. The last heart wrenching kiss.

All of it. Taemin remembered all of it. It wasn’t that he didn’t try to forget. He did. And he would- for a while. Then they came back, haunting him. His husband’s hands in his, right before the other left for work. Waiting, waiting, waiting. For him to come home, for him to kiss him hello, for him to eat the food that Taemin had painstakingly made. But no.

All he got was a phone call. One from the hospital, notifying him that his husband was involved in a car accident.

All they could say was, “We’re sorry.”

And nothing more needed to be said. Taemin understood. There would be no more kisses, no more hugs, no more anything. His freakishly tall husband was gone. Forever.

Every time Taemin decided to forget, to move on, to heal, something else would make him remember. The playground where they had first met. The corner where they shared there first kiss. The morning mist that the boy always seemed to have a certain affection for.

Taemin wanted to sink into a sea of green. But he couldn’t; life wasn’t quite so kind. So he would cope; go with second best. He would sink into a sea of red.

----------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:

I honestly don't know why i just wrote this. Not in the best mood, so it's a bit angsty. In case you couldn't tell, his husband was Minho. Just taking a break from BND, so yup. Who even reads these things anyway?

----------------------------------------------------------------