Off Color Codes and....Kai?

Sweet fettles

 


                “Your brother is so hot.” I said, as I peeked out of our class window looking at a group of boys across the football field.

 

                “Eww! Snap it! I’ve told you before that my brother is off limit!” Leia quickly rolled the magazine she was currently reading and hit me continuously on the arm.

 

                “Ow! Hey, it’s true!” I whined and rubbed my poor arm. “Why he was born after you? It’ll probably be good if he was born before you. At least a year before.”

 

                “I told you before that my brother is a big no-no.”

 

                “Do you even realize that your brother is so freaking hot? Not only that, he is y, and handsome, and cute, and tall, and adorable, an—”

 

                “Stop it.” Leia glared at me.

 

                “—and genius, and cool and—wait, have I mention that he is y? And oh yeah, his body just—oh my gosh, don’t make me start it, it’s like the grea—”

 

                “STOP IT!” Leia yelled, making the rest of our classmates that remained in the class during this lunch hour turning their gaze towards our direction. “Stop it, please. It sounds disgusting.” She gritted her teeth to me before turning around and apologized to them.

 

                “Fine. But that ain’t stopping me from fangirling over your lil’ bro Leia.” I giggled.

 

                Ok, here’s the thing. Leia’s little brother is hot and I like him (I admit that he’s not the only one in my school-hunks-that-I-wish-to-be-my-boyfriend list, there’s like more names under his). But that’s the problem. He is Leia’s brother! She thinks that it’s disgusting if her friends (especially me) to date her brother, especially if she was older than him. But I didn’t seem to look at it as a big deal. He is taller than me like almost 30cm so imagine if we both walk around the park, holding hands, I don’t think people will even know he was actually younger than me! But being a respectful friend I was, I decided to obey Leia’s wish and keep myself from falling more into his so-hot brother. But still, every time when I go for a sleepover at Leia’s house I can help to switch on my fangirl mode and stalked him throughout the night.

 

                So today was just another day at school, during lunch hour, where I spend almost all my time sitting beside our class window peeking over Kai (I think I forgot to mention it before that his name is Kai) on the football field because I know that he’ll spend the last 15 minutes of the lunch break playing football with his friends.

 

                “Hey, I’m going to the toilet for a while okay?” I nudged Leia’s elbow and walked out of the classroom after she nodded.

 

                I walked my way to the toilet before suddenly I remembered that I left my Biology textbook inside my locker and Mr. Wu will absolutely go ballistic if his students don’t have that 300 pages leaflet on their table during his class. So I cut my way to the washroom and turned my direction towards the hallways where my locker was. I clicked on my locker combination and took out the thick book before I suddenly heard a few giggles not far behind me. I turned around, and I saw a few girls standing in front of a very familiar locker, giggling and pushing each other playfully. One of them was holding something which I was pretty sure a letter and a box of probably home-made chocolates.

 

                Code Red. I thought.

 

                Code Red means; prevent any annoying girls from approaching Kai.

 

                “Ladies,” I spoke in a stiff tone making the girls jumped out of surprise. “What are you doing?”

 

                “Nothing!” the girl that held the letter and the chocolate tried to hide the stuffs behind herself but of course, she failed. Miserably.

 

                “Really?” I raised my eyebrows and my tone at the same time.

 

                “Why would you even bother? It’s none of your business.” The one with a ponytail spoke.

 

                Oh , if you’re holding a box of chocolates and a letter in front of Kai’s locker, than that is absolutely my freakin business.

 

                “Are you trying to confess to Kai?” I asked. All the three of them gasped.

 

                “If—if it’s true then—then why? We can’t?” the other stuttered.

 

                I blew my fringe and folded my arms (like a boss). “If you really want to do that, at least you should know that Kai don’t eat chocolate. He’s allergic to cocoa.”

 

                All three of them looked like their eyes about to pop out of its sockets, probably surprised at my sudden words.

 

                “Really?!”

 

                I nodded. “Yup.”

 

                “Well, maybe we should just put the letter and not the chocolates.” The ponytail girl whispered to the one who held the chocolate and the letter but of course, my bat’s ears could still hear her.

 

                I clenched my fist and sighed. “Kai don’t read letters. Especially from strangers.”

 

                “How come you know everything?” the ponytail girl looked unsatisfied.

 

                “Do you guys even know that he already have a girlfriend?” I smirked.

 

                “Kai oppa don’t have a girlfriend!” one of them shrieked.

 

                “Yes he does!”

 

                “No!”

 

                “Yes!”

 

                “Who?!”

 

                “Me!”

 

                “Really?”

 

                Oh no. Code Pink.

 

                Code Pink means; DO NOT confess to Kai (for Leia’s sake).

 

                I turned around and gasped. Kai was standing less than five feet from me with a face drenched with sweats and a towel on his hand.

 

                 Sweaty Kai is just so hot, y, han—wait, did he just heard what I’m saying?!

 

                “Kai oppa, is—is it—true?” one of them asked, breaking the awkward silence.

 

                Kai quickly turned his glance from me towards the speaking girl and noticed the letter and chocolates on her hand.

 

                “If you’re asking about the chocolates, that’s absolutely true.” He answered calmly.

 

                Oh no, didn’t that just mean that he heard everything?! I’m dead. I’m so dead!

 

                “No, the latter.” She asked again.

 

                I could feel my hand started to sweat. What is he going to say? I really hope that he won’t embarrass me in front these irritating girl. Kai, please don’t, please, please, plea—

 

                “If she says so.”

 

                I felt like it was snowing in Sahara desert.

 

                Did Kai really said that or I was just day dreaming again?

 

                “She’s my girlfriend.”

 

                Ok, I wasn’t day dreaming.

 

                “No!!!!”

 

               I didn’t even bother to look at those girls as they ran away because my jaw was dropped on the floor and my eyes were glue on Kai and he was just spoke three words that I frequently used when I wrote fanfiction about him (yes guys, I wrote fanfiction about Kai, so what?) and I just couldn’t believe it.

 

                “Kai—I—I was just—well, I just—”

 

                “Noona,” Kai smiled and approached me. “you are so at keeping secrets.”

 

                “What?”

 

                “I’ve known it since long ago. But I waited until you admit by yourself.” Kai took my hands and entangled his fingers around mine.

 

                Code Green.

 

                Code Green means; keep off any skin contacts with Kai.

 

                “Kai, I—I, erm…but—”

 

                I don’t know if it was my stupid brain that was too slow to process what was happening at that moment or everything just happened so fast. Or maybe both.

 

                Because the next thing I knew, Kai’s soft, plump lips were on mine.

 

                Forget Code Green, Pink, Red or whatever freaking ridiculous codes that I made before.

 

                “Officially mine now I guess?” he asked, pulling his lips away from mine.

 

                “Well…yes?”

 

                “Great.”

 

                Then another kiss landed on my lips.

 

                Sorry Leia.

 

_____________________________________________________________________________

dedicated this specially for my awesome bestie SillyLemon! hope you like it bebeh. sorry if its not like what you expected because it turns out not like i what expect it to be too! lol. but i still like it. i'll write better for our kyungsoo later okay? hihi. =='