The Tired 10 years old Boyfriend

Sweet fettles

 

 

                BAM!

                I ignored the slamming bathroom door on my right. Knowing that the person responsible was just trying to release his stress by doing it, I continue to type my assignment on my laptop, not even throwing a glance at him. But still, I couldn’t help to pull a smile towards his action. Cute. I thought. For a guy who was already 21 years old, throwing a tantrum towards a door seem so naive and childish. But that’s what I like about my boyfriend. He seems so innocent and childlike all the time.

                I knew if he was not in a good mood after he came back from his long hours of practice he will usually spend more than 30 minutes in the bathroom doing whatever things that he wants in there. Every time I asked him what took him so long in it, he’ll just replied, “Water makes me feel calmer, besides you.” then followed up with a cheeky smile.

                Suddenly I heard the sound of the door being opened and a figure came out of the bathroom, wearing a pair of Hawaii shorts and a black round neck t-shirt with a towel hanging loosely on his shoulder. I gave him a warm smile and he pouted to me before sitting beside me on the sofa and rested his chin on my shoulder. I could feel the water from his hair started to fall drop by drop on my shoulder giving a chill to my body.

                “Kim Jongdae, how many times do I have to remind you to dry up your hair first before you exit the bathroom?” I said, taking the towel from his shoulder and tilted his head gently so that I can help him to dry up his drenching hair.

                “I was too tired.” He murmured, closing his eyes as I ran my hand along his short hair with the towel.

                “How was the practice today? Was it tough?”

                “Hmm.” He nodded slowly.

                “Are you hungry?”

                “Hmm.” He nodded again, still closing his eyes.

                “After I’m done with this I’ll make something for you okay?” I pointed to the scattered papers and books on the coffee table in front of us.

                “Ok.”

                When Jongdae is too tired, he won’t talk much so I’m completely understand with it. So today I assumed must be a very tiring day at the practice room since he practically didn’t answer my questions with more than four words so far. When I finished drying up hair (making sure there were no more water falling from the tip of his hair), I put down the wet towel on my right and continue to pay my attention back to my laptop and started to type again.

                I only managed to type two words on my English assignment before I heard a grouch coming from behind me. I immediately stop typing and push the ‘save’ button on left hand corner on the window and closed my laptop afterwards. Then I arranged all the books and papers back into a neat stack and put it under the coffee table.

                “What’s wrong?” I turned my back and wrapped my arm around Jongdae’s neck.

                “I’m such a loser.” He pouted, staring at me with his puppy eyes.

                Here comes the cute whining from a 10 years old Kim Jongdae. I thought.

                “Who said my Chen-chen is a loser? Tell me, I’ll punch him straight on the face!” I made a punching gesture making Jongdae chuckled slightly.

                “No one. I just thought it myself.” he circled his arms around my waist and pulled me closer towards his body. Then he buried his face on my neck and continued. “Everybody was so good today. Even Kris-hyung. The choreography was too hard for me to catch up as fast as everyone else. Everyone needs to repeat the same move over and over again because me. I felt so guilty. Yixing-hyung said that it’s okay when I apologized to him but judging from the look on his face, I know he was a bit annoyed because of it. I don’t like to be a burden to them.”

                I realized that when it comes to dancing Jongdae was a bit slow than the rest of the members and because of that he kept blaming himself if their choreographer complains about their lack of synchronization when they practice together. As much as Jongdae hates to be the ugly duckling in the group, I also hate it when he blames himself all the time. He always thought that he was not as good as the other member. He thinks that he had nothing special. So that’s why when it comes to popularity and attention, he’s the one at the bottom. But I think even the fans know that Jongdae has lots of charms just like everyone else. If he wasn’t the one who swipes all the high notes in every song than who else will?

                “Hey, it’s okay.” I caressed his back gently and gave him some light massages. “I’m sure they understand you. If Yixing said it’s okay, than why don’t you trust him?”

                “I just…..I don’t know. I felt guilty. I’m such a loser.” His voice trembled.

                I just couldn’t stand anymore. Jongdae cannot continue blaming himself. Different people are born with different capabilities. If some were born with the abilities to learn something quick, then they can be good at anything immediately. But still those who are a slow-learner like him doesn’t mean that they can’t be good at what they do, it’s just that they need more time to be on the same level as those who were gifted.

                “Jongdae dear, listen.” I pulled my body from his embrace and clasped my hand on his face. “Now I want you to stop blaming yourself and telling me that you’re a loser. You’re not a loser. If you’re a loser, do you think I even want to be with you? No. So stop telling me that you’re a loser. Your members understand you well. I believe that they never blame you. It’s just you, Kim Jongdae, that kept blaming yourself. Give yourself some room for forgiveness. If you cannot catch up the chorography as fast as everyone else, did anyone yell at you?”

                “No.” he shook his head slowly.

                “Does Kris ever go mad at you for not being able to dance as good as everyone else?”

                “No.”

                “Does Zitao ever call you names if you miss certain moves along the routines?”

                Jongdae chuckled. “No.”

                “Great. Then it’s verified that you’re not a loser. So promised me, from today and onwards, you won’t be coming home at nights and tell me that you’re a loser. Promise?”

                “Bu—”

                “Uh-uh.” I quickly put my index on his lips. “Promise?”

                “Okay.”

                “No, not okay. I want you to say ‘promise’.”

                His lips instantly curved into a soft smile. Jongdae once told me that one of the reasons that he loves me, is because of my decisiveness. He doesn’t like innocent, fragile type of girls. It’s just not his taste. He’s more interested to independent, strong and mature kind of girl that he knows that if he’s not around to protect her, she knows how to protect herself so he doesn’t have to worry about her if he is far away at that time.

                “Promised.” His voice almost sounded like he was whispering.

                “One more time.”

                “I promised.” A little louder than before.

                “One more.”

                “I promised.” Slightly louder than the previous one.

                “Not loud enough.”

                “I said,” he suddenly grabbed my hands, pulled it down from his face and gritted his teeth. “I promised.”

                “Now that’s my Chen-chen.” I grinned. “Since you finally made your promised to me, I think I should reward you now.”

                I could see Jongdae started to frown. He stared at me with a confuse expression before a smirk suddenly appeared on his lips.

                “Close your eyes.” I told him.

                Being as obedient as he always is, he closed his eyes without much question. I waited for a few seconds and I could see that his lips starting to pout like asking for a kiss. I chuckled. Kim Jongdae, why are you so adorable? I quickly gave a peck on his left cheek and ran off to the kitchen.

                “That’s all?” he asked as I ran away to the kitchen, giggling.

_______________________________________________________________________

how is it? i like it. but that's not important. what's important is do you?