1

.the headband.

 

It was a beautiful autumn day, still morning, a car pulled up on the driveway of the family’s new suburban house.

“Well, here we are.”

The blonde haired male turned off the engine of the car and took out the keys. He turned to his son and his lover who were sitting in the back, both sleeping. His son leaning on his lover’s shoulder while his lover was resting his head on their son’s head. The blond haired male noticed that his lover was holding their son’s favorite children’s book.

‘Ahh! So adorable!’ The blonde haired male thought. He took out his cell phone from his front pocket and took a snapshot of them both. Satisfied with the picture, he locked his phone and attempted to wake up his lover and child, but before he could a knock on the driver’s window startled him. He quickly turned and realized that  it was their friend Jongin. The blond haired male put his hand over his heart to calm himself. He opened the door and smiled at his friend.

“Sorry about that Kris. Did I scare you?”

Kris, the blond haired male, slightly nodded.

“A little to be honest.”

Kai couldn’t help but chuckle. 

“Anyway, glad that you guys are finally here. Welcome to the neighborhood!”

Kai patted Kris on the shoulder. 

“Where are the trucks with all of your stuff?”

Before Kris could answer, the moving trucks arrived.

“Right here. Just on time.”

Kai nodded. 

“Do you guys need any help? I could help with some things. Moving furniture, boxes.”

“Nah. We will be fine. Thanks though.”

Kai nodded. “If you do need help I’m at home. Kyungsoo and Jongsoo is there too so he could help as well. Knowing him he will help in a flash. Ah, you remember which is our house right?”

Kris nodded and pointed at the house Kai and his lover lived in.

“Yup. That’s it! Good that you didn‘t forget. Anyway, I‘ll talk to you later. Welcome again to the neighborhood!”

With that, Kai waved goodbye and walked to his house. Kris walked over to the drivers of the moving trucks and gave them instructions. While he was talking he didn’t hear the car door shut. He turned.

“Oh, you guys are awake.” He smiled at the two most beautiful people before him. 

“Why didn’t you wake me up dad!” His son started to run and he jumped towards Kris. He caught him with ease.  

“Ah, I am sorry. I wanted to let you guys sleep more. Its been a long drive.”

His son puffed his cheeks. He turned to Kris’ lover.

“Mama…I am hungry.”

“Okay, but we have to wait for the truck drivers to take the boxes out from their trucks first.” The son’s mama pointed at the moving trucks. “Can you wait a little bit sweetie? It will be really quick. Then mama will make you a sandwich.”

“PB&J?” He made puppy dog eyes at his mama.

“Of course.”

“Can you please cut them in the animal shapes that you do?”

Mama chuckled. “Yes I will.” Mama looked up at Kris. “Are Kai and Kyungsoo home? Maybe he can go and play with their son while we help with the truck drivers.”

Kris nodded at his lover. “Yes Tao they are there. I just spoke to Kai earlier.” Kris turned to their son. “Would you like that Yitao?” 

Their son, Yitao, looked at them both, then towards Tao, his mama. 

“Can I? Can I play with Jongsoo?”

Tao nodded and opened his arms. “Let me bring you there.” He took Yitao from Kris’ arms. “While you are there, don’t make a mess or cause uncle Kai or uncle Kyungsoo any headaches okay. Be respectful.”

“Yes mama!”

“I’ll be right back Kris. And it’s that house right?”

Tao pointed at the house in which their friend’s lived in. Kris nodded and he watched both of them walk to Kai and Kyungsoo’s house.