Chapter 1

A Man in the Water

SUZY LEANED her head onto the door and stared out the window, watching the tendrils of high trees went by. Every holiday her parents would bring her to their bungalow in Kkhelly beach where there’s no service and only a computer with the slowest internet connection. Once in a while, Suzy would pay attention to her parents’ excited conversation and she would throw her gaze at her father, Hankang to see his smiling face. She didn’t really like that place actually. not that she hated beach, she just didn’t like to be there with all of those memories.

A while later they finally pulled up the sandy driveway to the beach. Her father quickly went out of the car and the first thing he did was to check his old fishing boat and the tackles that he loved so dearly, still with that excited look in his face.

Her mother, Minah, who was still in the passanger seat looked over her shoulder and gave Suzy a wide smile. “We’re here, honey,” she announced all too happy.

“Great,” she said between her final sigh and stepped out of the car.

She suddenly felt that electrically happy feeling when her feet touched the sands and when the wind teasingly blew her fair face. Smilingly, she threw her gaze to her surroundings, nothing had changed. The cliffs that flanked the beach still looked solid, the things that made the beach seemed like a private one. Just then she remembered that there’s a cave somewhere around one of the cliffs, where she once got lost for 2 days.

“Honey,” her father called, breaking her thoughts. “Want to try this boat?”

“Sure, dad.” She ran towards him, that’s when her mother stopped her.

“Oh, honey...I’d be glad if you help me,” she said, lightly lifting the boxes in her hands.

It was dilemma until she decided to go with his father. Who would choose to do boring things while we could go to feel the fresh air of the sea?

Suzy hopped in to the front stern of the boat and her father the machine. The sound was rough that it made Suzy afraid but she knew her fatehr was no doubt in running a boat.

Soon enough they stopped the boat when their bungalow had finally looked tiny from where they were. She looked down to the clear water, the water was till waving even though the boat had stopped, but she could see fish in it.

Suzy looked back at her father who was raking through the boxes of fishing pole. "Dad, the water make me want to dive."

"You better not, it's really cold," he replied. Suzy spread her eyes again, she enjoyed the wind for a while until she spotted something on the water not too far from them.

"Dad..."

Suzy knitted her eyes in concern, it was black thing, pale, oh no!

"DAD!" She screamed and no answer from her father.

"DADDY!"

"Eh...Wh- what?" He threw the equipments and got up to see his daughter who was pointing towards something.

"Dad! There's a man in the water."

"Quick! Move the boat towards him!"

Soon the boat turned back on and Suzy quickly swam to bring him into the boat and lifted him in. Her father already had several blankets in his arms. "Here you go." He handed it to her. She wrapped it around this fortunately breathing man.

He was pale, wet and trembling. Never in her life she imagined to see a man on a piece of wood in the middle of a sea. "Suzy you're dripped! Go get change first!"

Suzy didn't response to her dad nor did she hear it. Her mind was busy thinking about the whole happenings and the thing she should say because this person hadn't moved an inch.

"Y-You're safe..." she finally said in a soft tone, he looked up at her and they stared at each other before he looked away and out.

 

 

End of chapter 1.

 

 

End notes:

 

Sorry for not updating this story in quite a long time :( :( :( School got me busy. I'm also sorry for hurting your eyes with the mistakes. I'm currently becoming lazy to read things. OTL. But for now, I can read a 3 paragraphs long of a comment :D :D I like wordier comments.

By the way, I don't think I can keep this story on Titanic's track since I think it's just a kind of sequel :/ I mean, I'm not gonna put too many Titanic things in this story so yeah, don't complain. :D :D And don't throw shoes at me if I may do anything wrong!!! Alrighty then...just want to clear that out.

And oh!!! About Rose, who I planned to be IU, will soon be narrated in another story along with the main character, Thunder.