Snow White and the Evil Queen

The Curse

 

I left our small house to get some food for me and my family. 

I live with my appa, oppa, and unni. My omma past away when I was born, but she gave me something that was very important to her. It was her brush that was past on from each generation of her family. I cherish it and hope to give it to my child one day.

I love my unni, but she's hated me from birth, saying that I killed our mother, and that I don't deserve the brush our mother handed down to me, or to be beautiful and loved through out the village and that it shoud be her instead of me. I used to cry when she told me that and she just laughed at me. 

My oppa, Minhyuk, always came in and told Hyeorin unni that that's not nice and he would send her to her room. He would comfort me and tell me that she's just jealous. Now when she tells me that I walk away and refuse to listen.

I turned 17 this year, Hyeorin unni is 19 turning 20, and Minhyuk oppa is 22. Our appa is trying to get Hyeorin a husband. In our village a girl must get married by the time you turn 21, if not you will be sent away to get married to someone in a different village. The rule for a boy is that they must go to a different village and help an elder for 3 months. An "inspector" as we call them will go and check on them every once a week. After they have succeeded in the 3 months, they will be able to get married. 

Minhyuk oppa fell in love when he was 16 to a girl named Soyeon, they got married at 18 and now live in their own home. Hyeorin unni is so pick about guys, that none of the guys who have confessed to her are good enough. She's really pretty, and everyone thinks so, but she has such a bad personality that no one really cares for her. 

I'm nice to everyone that crosses my path that they automatically think I'm better than my unni.

Oppa told me "everyone loves you, you're beautiful, sweet, innocent, and you can make a whole room light up."

I asked him about unni and he said, "I love Hyeorin, but she's lost. You remember the fairy tale Snow White, where the evil queen wanted to be the fairest of them all but Snow White was fairer than her. That's what Hyeorin thinks of you, you're Snow White and she's the evil queen."

I giggled at that.

"But, oppa, she's so beautiful, it's just her personality that makes people look at me instead of her, is that what you're saying."

"Minhee-ah, if she had you're personality, you are still more beautiful. You have our mother's beauty and also her heart."

"Gomawo oppa" and I kissed his cheek

.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

I'm sorry if it's boring, I'm trying my best. ;_;

I wanted to make a little intro to their characters, the next chapter will hopefully be better.