Slow Dance

Slow Dance

 

 

D.O's eyes swept across the room and stopped when they landed on you, the words coming out of his friends' mouths no longer his point of interest. He watched you laugh and smile as you danced with your group of friends. To him, you were the most beautiful this way: smiling and not having a care in the world.

"Who are you staring at?"

"Huh?" D.O snapped out of his trance and turned his head back to his friends to see that they were all staring back at him, "N-No one," he stuttered.

"Really? Because it looked like you were staring at ______," Kai smirked.

"No I wasn't!" D.O lied.

"Whatever you say," Baekhyun said with a sing song tone in his voice and the rest of his friends continued their conversation.

'Got away with that one,' D.O let out sigh in relief as he looked down at the cup of soda that was in his hand.

"Hey, D.O."

'Or not.'

He lifted his head to see Suho turned towards him.

"Yeah?" he asked.

"You were staring at ______, weren't you?" Suho asked, already knowing the answer.

D.O kept silent and glanced at you again before dropping his eyes to the floor.

"Why don't you just talk to her? Or ask her to dance?" Suho suggested, "Why are you so scared?"

"Because," D.O let out another sigh, "if you haven't noticed, we don't exactly have the same circle friends."

 It was true. If there were labels in high school, you and your friends would be labeled as 'The Populars' while D.O and his friends would be labeled as 'Choir Geeks'. But D.O knew that the real reason you were popular was because you were genuinely nice to everyone, no matter how they treated you. And that was one of the reasons D.O fell for you.

"Who cares?" Suho laughed and threw an arm around D.O's shoulder, "Look, no other guy is asking her dance. Just take a risk for once. You'll never know what might happen."

D.O watched as you nodded to a few of your friends who were leaving your table, probably heading to the bathroom.

"This is your chance!" Suho said pulling D.O off his chair as a slow song started to play, "Go!"

The rest of the boys looked up when Suho shoved D.O in your direction.

D.O took a wary glance back at his friends before taking a deep breath and walking towards you.

---

"Don't look, but someone's crush is coming over here," one of your friends whispered in your ear.

"What?" you whispered back before taking a glance to your side.

You tensed when you saw that D.O was slowly making his way over to your table.

"Oh, my gosh! What do I do?! What do I do?!" you panicked.

Only your closest friends know you like D.O. It was when he sang at the school's talent show that you realized that you fell for him. While most of the girls in your school were fangirling over Baekhyun's eye smile, you on the other hand were captivated by D.O's smooth voice and endless eyes. But you never had the nerve to actually talk to him, even though you were the one considered to be more popular.

"Stay calm," your friend told you between her teeth.

"Um, ______?"

"Yeah?" you turned around to face D.O.

"I was wondering, hehe," he let out a nervous laugh, "if you wanted to, um, dance … with me?"

D.O offered his hand with a shy smile.

You couldn't help but smile at his adorable behavior, "Sure, I'd love to," you said as you stood up.

D.O's eyes lit up when you placed his hand in his. You glanced back at your friends while D.O led you to the dance for and saw that they were all giving your thumbs up.

Once the two of you joined the other couples who were slow dancing, you clasped your arms together around D.O's neck as he lightly rested his hands on your waist. You smiled at each other as the two of you slowly swayed side to side.

"Whooo! You go, D.O!"

"That's my friend!"

You peeked around D.O and let out a small laugh when you saw his friends cheering him on from the tables where they were sitting.

"Just ignore them," D.O told you quickly, not daring to look over his shoulder.

"I think it's cute," you giggled.

"More like embarrassing," he muttered.

You laughed and looked up at the decorations that were hanging from the ceiling as the two of you continued to slow dance.

"Um, ______?" D.O softly called.

"Hm?" you looked back at D.O.

"I don't really know how to say this," he said as he bit his bottom lip, "But I really like you. Like, like you, like you."

"Huh?" you asked, not believing what he just said, "Really?"

He slowly nodded his head, "But you know, it's fine if you don't feel the same way. I mean, not fine for me but it's totally understandable! I don't want -"

D.O's eyes widened when you suddenly pressed your lips to his, cutting off his rambling.

You smiled at his stunned expression when you pulled away.

"I really like you too," you whispered with a soft laugh, "Like, like you, like you too."

You slid your arms down from around D.O's neck and wrapped them around his waist, hugging him as you buried your face into his chest.

D.O, still in shock, looked over to the tables where his friends were sitting to see all eleven of them jaw dropped. He gave them a smug smile before wrapping his arms all the way around your waist and hugging you closer, the two of you still swaying to the music.