Chapter 6

Scar

 

Mir's hyungs watched and sighed in sympathy as Mir walked around the dorm for the next few days, not saying a word and not looking at anyone. He came out very rarely, for food and the bathroom - often he'd just return to his room and lock the door. They exchanged looks behind Mir's back and they all knew they should say something. But what could they say?
 
Mir laid along the couch, a bored look on his face as he watched a cartoon on TV. And Thunder thought this would be a good time to tell him. “Hey Mir, the hospital called. They said Joon's recovered enough that we can go see him.”
 
“Good. Have fun.” Mir picked up the remote and changed the channel.
 
Thunder expected to see fire going after Mir, all the way down the stairs and out the door to the hospital. Not...boredom. “Aren't you...aren't you going to go see him?”
 
Mir shrugged. “Maybe later.” He changed the channel again.
 
GO and Seungho came out of their room, fully changed and ready to go. “Did you tell him?”
 
“He's...he doesn't really care.”
 
“What?”
 
Seungho rolled his eyes. He walked around GO and Thunder and grabbed Mir by the arm. “Get up.” Mir mumbled and grumbled, pliant enough that Seungho could force his shoes on.
 
The car ride was quiet enough. Mir stared out the window, sighing randomly anytime he felt it would get him out of the car. Which was often, though it didn't work.
 
“Can we see Lee Changsun? The doctors said it was okay.” GO asked the nurses' station.
 
Mir let out a bigger sigh than he had in the car. Seungho elbowed him in the ribs, giving him a glare.
 
“Yes – right this way please.” An ahjumma exited the station, leading the way down the hall. Seungho grabbed hold of Mir and dragged him along.
 
GO and Thunder practically ran to Joon's side as soon as the door was open. Seungho made sure that Mir was at least in the doorway before he pulled away to give lend a hand on GO's shoulder.
 
Thunder looked at Mir. “Aren't you going to come in?”
 
“He's asleep. Not much we can do.” Mir shrugged again, though it seemed he wasn't really looking at anybody or anything.
 
Seungho groaned. “What the hell is wrong with you? The day this happened, you were crazy worried about him and now that you can see him, you’re acting like you could care less. What, what, are you scared he might be a vegetable and you’re not interested anymore? Are you seriously that low, Cheolyong?”
 
Mir just shrugged again. “Guess I am.”
 
GO could see Seungho balling up to punch Mir and he stood, holding the older male’s shoulder in a tight grip. “Mir, what’s wrong? You’ve been acting differently...”
 
Mir scoffed, glaring at GO. “Yeah, wonder why?”
 
"I’m not talking about Joon. I’m talking about not leaving your room, not leaving the dorm. You’ve been depressed before, but not like this. What’s going on?”
 
Mir sighed, fiddling with his hands as he looked down to his feet. “I don’t want to talk about it.”
 
“Yeah, well you should’ve thought about that before you started being a-ugh!” GO elbowed Seungho in the stomach at just the right moment, giving him a glare.
 
“What is it?”
 
Mir shifted his gaze left and right and GO waited patiently. In a sudden move, Mir dug out a phone from his backpocket. GO saw Mir click his tongue at the screen and suddenly, the phone was thrown at him. It was Joon’s phone, with a text opened. “Ahn Kan Mi? Who's she?”
 
“Joon's girlfriend.”
 
GO, Seungho, and Thunder looked between each other, Mir, and Joon. “Girlfriend? But...you and Joon...”
 
Mir nodded eagerly. “Yeah. We're dating. And apparently they were too.”
 
“But...how do you know?”
 
“She keeps sending him texts. 'I loved last night.' 'You said you wanted me to call you Sunnie.' 'Shouldn't you tell Mir about us?' She actually was planning to tell me herself. And then...” He made a gesture to the phone, slouching against the doorway.
 
“But...but...this doesn't make any sense. Joon nearly went crazy not asking you out.”
 
“She sent him pictures, hyung! I saw them.” Mir snapped. He reached out and grabbed the phone. “Forget it. I'm just gonna go wait in the car.” He heard GO call after him, but he didn't care anymore. He just walked down the hallway.
 
GO looked between his hyung and dongsaeng. He didn't know what he could say to make this atmosphere better. He sighed, sinking back in his chair. He took Joon's hand in his, looking down at the actor's face. How could this kid he knew for years cheat?
 
Mir nearly fell asleep, waiting in the car. There were people with heavy shoulders walking from and to their cars in the parking garage. One time, he saw a couple of parents-to-be – but just one. Hospitals weren't happy places.
 
“I told you already – we don't want any fans here!” It was a loud voice. It was a familiar voice. When Mir leaned out the window to see who it was, he realized it was Joon's sister.
 
“I'm not a fan. Changsun-ah's my boyfriend – I've told you a hundred times. It's your own fault if you're too stupid to understand.”
 
It was her. Ahn Kan Mi.
 
“No, you're not. Joon's been dating Mir for three years. We've met him – we like him. And Joon wouldn't cheat on him for nothing, nobody.”
 
He saw Kan Mi sigh, inspecting her nails like those girls in the movies. “I thought that at first, too. But whenever I asked him if he was going ever going to break up with Mir, he kept putting it off and trying to change the subject to how beautiful I am.” And she looked at Joon's sister with a smirk and raised eyebrow.
 
Joon's sister seemed ready to pull her hair out. “Look – obviously you don't know who you're talking to. I'm his sister. Do you understand what that means? That means I've been with him since he was a baby. I've known him his entire life – I think I know what he would and wouldn't do.”
 
Kan Mi shrugged. “When you're famous, you change.”
 
“Get out. Get out! And don't come back! Don't ever come near by brother again, you !” Joon's sister's voice got louder and louder with each word. Kan Mi tsk-ed, walking off with her heels clicking against the cement.
 
Joon's sister let out a loud, loud groan that echoed in the garage, even going so far as to kick the door into the hospital. Mir felt shy, shocked, and awkward – at least until she noticed him. “Mir...” And now he was sharing that emotion with her.
 
“Mir!” Seungho called out from the elevator.
 
“Hansoon-noona?” Thunder tried to lean around GO and Seungho to see if that was indeed Joon's sister.
 
Unlike any other day, Joon's sister opened the door to the stairs and stomped out with silent glance towards them. Mir sighed, turning around to his hyungs.
 
“What were you guys talking about?” Seungho asked.
 
“Nothing.” Mir opened the door to the car. As the van traveled back, his hand fiddled with Joon's phone inside his pocket as he stared out the window. The texts kept flashing past his eyes. He had solid proof that something was going on between Kan Mi and Joon. At the same time, the arguement between her and Hansoon played in his ears.
 
Mir didn't know what to do. He wanted to be mad at Joon for not telling him about Kan Mi, but something told him that there had to be reason Joon kept such a thing to himself.
 
"Mir-ah...are you okay?" Thunder turned to his friend, poking him in the shoulder to try and get a reaction out of him. Hopefully not angry, like in the hospital.
 
Mir sighed. "I don't know..." It just so happened that at that time, they arrived at the dorms. Mir was the first out, up the elevator and locking himself inside his room.
 
The phone laid on Joon's bed and Mir paced in front of it like it was an enemy. It had been the phone's fault that he felt as miserable as he was. What would the chance be that it could actually fix this?
 
Like an answer, the phone went off. It was really starting to get freaky, the timing this woman had with Mir's thoughts. He was biting his thumbnail as he read the text.
 
Sunnie-ah!!!~~ Your sister's being mean to me! TT_TT hu hu. I can't believe you never told her about me. Even after being together for three months? Oppa~ we're meant to be together forever.
 
He wanted to hurl the phone against the wall and watch as it broke. Watch it as Kan Mi had no way to talk to Joon anymore. He closed his eyes and with grip tight, counted to ten and took a deep breath. As he exhaled, he clicked the button to open the archive.