Chapter 1

Scar

The clock read 4:17 in the morning when Lee Joon woke up again. He was happy this actually worked out well - that he hadn't gotten too caught up in the afterglow and slept in till the morning. In his arms, Mir was dead asleep with that fool smile across his lips. It was the smile that made Joon smile down at the maknae. He gently pushed Mir's arms off his chest and laid his head down on the pillow.

 
He waltzed around the room, getting dressed with careful choice. When he grabbed everything he needed to, Joon walked back into his room. Mir was still asleep and apparently, he thought his pillow was Joon and he was cuddling it tightly. It made Joon chuckle and tear up, all at the same time.
 
"I love you, Cheolyong." He whispered, barely loud enough for Joon to hear and he kissed the younger's cheek.
 
"I love you, Joonie-hyung" Mir whispered back, half-asleep and holding the pillow even tighter.
 
That unconsciousness was almost enough to make him crawl back into bed. Joon took in a deep breath and forced himself to let Mir sleep in peace alone.
 
It was awkward, just waiting for the elevator to bring him up to the roof - seeing as he was at the 4th floor of a 12 floor building. He made himself focus on the sound of the elevator than thinking about what he would do when he got out of it.
 
Finally the bell dinged and Joon breathed in once again. He stepped out, walking out into the night. He didn't stop till the raised edge hit his knees. Joon dug his hand inside his pocket and pulled out what he had taken from the bathroom. His bipolar medication, with directions in bright bold letters. Such as 'Do Not Take More Than Perscribed'
 
Joon closed his eyes and just let himself listen. There were cars racing around faintly in the streets below. The wind hit the building, sounding like a howling wolf. And when he really concentrated, he could also hear the pills rattling inside his fist.
 
Oh god; ­was this really what he was going to do? A bit ironic, if he really thought about it. He was going to die by taking anti-depressant pills. That was smart.
 
But he needed to do this. It was the only answer to solve all his problems. And if he didn't do it now, somebody would realize his plan and come to stop him. So Joon breathed in one more time and unscrewed the cap from his medications. There had to be probably six or seven pills in there and he emptied them all into his palm. And in a flash, he shoved them all in his mouth and swallowed them dry.
 
It was basically immediate, the effects of the drugs. His head felt dizzy and his body heavy. Joon forced himself up on the edge and turned himself around, staring across the roof. And he simply just closed his eyes again.
 
Behind his eyelids, he saw Mir smiling and laughing. And it lead to tears dribbling out of his eyes.