Different

Because We All Need A Friend [Haitus]

 

hey guys
heres the new chappie as promised.
it's 2252words, which is longer than i would usually make a chapter so i hope you like it (:
___________


The filming was over quickly and they were all hurried back into the van for their fanmeeting. Needless to say, SHINee was glad to have Sihyon as their new manager. Within the first 2hours on the job, they noticed how efficient she was with keeping track of everything that had happened, was happening and would happen. During their shoot, they could see her sitting on one of the studio’s couches with a clipboard and pen in hand, busily talking to someone on the phone and jotting down whatever happened to be important at the time.

 

During their photoshoot, one of the lights had popped. It’s not like it hasn’t happened before, it was just that it had been fixed so quickly, thanks to Sihyon. She was rather hands on with the boys’ activities while she wasn't busily dealing with the managing paperwork. She actually stood alongside the director and talked about how things should go to promote SHINee’s image more. The leader of SHINee was pleased and found it easy to hold a natural smile, unlike before when he had to force it out and keep re-shooting till it looked less… well… forced.

 

“I’m hiring a new security group for you guys because I understand you’ve been complaining that your current group is too rough. The security group that will be escorting you are a seven-man group with world class training. They will be wearing black suits with sunglasses. I’m close friends and they’re nice people so don’t be afraid to hold a conversation with them.” She continued. “Depending on how much you like these guys, I will consider making them your major security service. If not, I’ll keep looking around.” She finished.
SHINee were left jaws slack. This was something that many of the groups at SM, no, everywhere, often complained about but was never addressed.
“How come you’re changing the security? Don't you have to consult Soo Man-shi?” Jonghyun asked.

She let out a short laugh. “Soo Man consults me, not the other way around. Ajusshi comes to me whenever he needs to know anything about entertainment. I’ve told him numerous times that if he wants successful idols, he has to make sure they’re happy, safe and healthy.” She sighed and changed the topic back. “These guys are currently visiting from the US to someone here, but since they’ve got a break right now, I called to see if they could fill in and try out I guess.”
“Ahh…. I see……” the five member band said at the same time.

 

The fanmeeting was more calm than usual. Well, from SHINee’s perspective at least. The seven-man security group, called the Seven Shades of Blaq. (And yes, I know black is spelt b-l-a-q. Did I scab off Mblaq? Yes I did = = I admit to it, ok? WHAT MORE DO YOU EXPECT FROM MEEE TT^TT) The quintet got along with their guards fairly well, and even traded a few phone numbers. Things went smoothly and for the first time in their three years as a band, SHINee felt safe with randomly hugging fans. Not that they did it recklessly or anything.

 

“So what did you think about the new group?” Sihyon casually asked on the way back.

“They were a lot better than our last group. They were too rough with us and they didn't give us as much room as SSB.” Onew said thoughtfully.

“Can we keep this group?” Taemin asked.
Sihyon lazily glanced backwards from her front seat to the boys sitting in the back of the minivan. “If that’s what you guys want.” She replied.

“Yay! Hyungs! Did you hear that? We get to keep SSB!” Taemin cheered. He was the one who got closest to the security group and they seemed to like him as a younger sibling. They chatted away happily about how they would boast to their Super Junior hyungs who had been dealing with some other security group for six whole years.

“Ne, Siyong-shi…” Taemin tapped her on the shoulder.

When he didn't get a response, he pouted and went back to his seat.
“Umma… Why won’t Sihyon respond to me?” He whined, tugging lightly on Key’s sleeve.

“Hmm? I don’t know. Onew, go inspect.” Key pointed his finger in the general direction of the girl. Onew was slightly intrigued so he didn't protest against the order. He moved forward and took a glance at the girl. In her lap sat one or two notebooks, littered in borderline comprehendible mathematical scribble. He stole a quick glance of her face and found her peacefully sleeping in the uncomfortable seat and his face visibly softened.

‘She’s adorable when she sleeps.’ He thought, carefully studying the pouting expression on the girls face. Studying so carefully in fact, that he didn’t notice her wake up.

“So, Sherlock, are you done inspecting?” She asked rhetorically.

Onew jumped back, bumping his head on the low roof of the car. “M-mianhe. I just thought you looked c-cute when you were sleeping.” He admitted, being oddly straightforward, blabbering his thoughts before he could stop himself.
Sihyon smirked as she closed her eyes again and rested a textbook over her face. “I know. I heard you muttering to yourself.”

Onew’s face was tinted pink when she said that. Had he really said it out loud?

“Mian again…” he mumbled and walked back to his seat.

“Oh la la~ Hyung’s in LOOO–MGPHHHHHHHHHH” Taemin was cut off as Onew’s hand clamped over his mouth.
Jonghyun smirked and wiggled his eyebrows. “Oh la la~ I see young l–mpfffffFFFFFFFFFF” he was cut off too.

Minho and Key both broke into hysterical laughter, knowing the leader wouldn’t have enough hands to do anything about it. Sihyon stirred from her sleep and glanced in the rearview mirror to see the scene playing out in the back of the van and smirked when she saw Onew’s madly blushing face.

“Tch. Immaturity at its best.” She chuckled quietly to herself and plugged herself into her iPod and slept for the rest of the ride.

 

“Sihyon-shi?” Jonghyun lightly shook the girl awake. “We’re home.”

She rubbed her eyes sleepily and took a quick look around. Sihyon quickly recognized it as the car-park under the SM dorms.

“Ah… Yeah… Thanks for waking me up.” She stretched quickly and picked up her books and pens and walked off the van.

Jonghyun had been watching her sleep for a bit and noticed the dark rings under her eyes.

The pair plodded up the stairs to the elevator and got in.

 

“Yah, Jonghyun.” She suddenly said.

“Y-Yeah.” For some reason, he suddenly felt intimidated.

“Remember when you asked why I was at your dorm so early?”

He nodded.

“It was because I only just got home from night uni.”

The elevator ding-ed and the doors opened slowly.

“There are night unis in Korea?” he asked, genuinely surprised. SM had been looking for them since Super Junior’s debut. Lee Soo Man had been desperately looking for one for SHINee since they were all in their college years, save Taemin who was in his last year of highschool.

“How come Soo Man-shi doesn’t know about it? He’d been looking for one since forever.” Jonghyun exclaimed.

“It’s a small place, no more than 30 students all up. They’re trying to keep as under wraps until they can work out all the finance and stuff. They don't want to have to deal with superstars or any publicity until they start profiting.” She sighed as they reached their doors. “You’ve got the rest of the day free. Do whatever you want. If you’re going to go outside, make sure to cover up and go to less crowded areas. While you guys were on set, I left a small slip of paper in each of your jackets. It’s got my name and contacts on it. I’ll be at uni from 7pm to 4am. If you need me, give me a call and I’ll be back within an hour.”
“An hour? How far away is it?” He asked.

“It’s around the Ansan area.” She replied, roughly shoving the key into her door before unceremoniously kicking it open. She set her bag on a table sitting next to the door and grabbed a set of car keys and a motorbike helmet. “I’m going to pick up something. I’ll be passing by a street market. Do you want anything?” she asked indifferently.

“U-uhm… I think we need more m-“ he couldn’t finish the sentence before another one overrode his mouth. “You have a motorbike?” he asked incredulously.

“Chyeah.” She chuckled, fixing her unstyled hair into a messy bun and proceeded to stuff her black helmet over it. “Why? You jealous?” she smirked.

“N-no. I ride a bike too.” He fibbed. (it’s true. Jonghyun can’t ride a motorbike XD)

“Riiiiiiight. So which one’s yours?” she raised an eyebrow.

“The b-bright green Kawasaki.”

Sihyon burst into laughter and shut the visor on the helmet. “Nice try but that’s my bike.” She put a finger gun to his forehead and gave him a poke, and she turned to leave. “Catcha later babo.”

 

Thirty minutes later, there was a knock on the dorm apartment door. “Open up. It’s me.” Sihyon’s voice rang through the wooden door.

“Ne, I’m coming.” Onew called, half jogging, half walking to the door. “What’s up? Did something happen?” he asked worriedly, slightly shocked by the black helmet on her head.

“I dunno. Shouldn’t you know?” she asked.

“I suppose… Then… did Jonghyun get in trouble for something?” he asked. “He’s only on a date with Sekyung.” Onew quickly covered up for Jonghyun’s current absence. He was really going to the movies with a few friends who were trainees from a different company

“Oh really?” she asked, looking indifferent.

“Are you… angry?” Onew asked cautiously.

Sihyon gave a lopsided grin and broke out into fits of her infamous chuckles. “Aigoo. For someone who’s older than me you are ridiculously cute.” She pinched his cheek lightly. “Babo. I’m not like those stupid managers. You can chillax around me.” She chuckled again. “No, I’m not angry at you, but you could give me a heads up in future in case anything happens, okay? As your manager, I’m constantly worrying about you even if you’re not that close to me.” She said.

“Ah. I see. I’m sorry for not notifying you.” Onew bowed, feeling guilty.

“Don’t bow to me. It’s no necessary.” She said, grabbing his shoulder and pushing his body into an upright position. “I’m probably not even going to remember this conversation.” She said, absentmindedly some dust brushing off the shoulder of Onew’s blazer. Onew seemed a little confused at the action.

“Oh, sorry. Habit. I’m a bit of a clean freak.” She apologized. “ANYWAYS. The reason why I’m here in the first place is to give you guys this.” She held out two or three plastic grocery bags full of random groceries. “When I cooked breakfast this morning, I noticed you were missing a few… things. So I went and bought them for you.”

“Oh, jinja? Kamsahamnida.” Onew bowed again, but was stopped half way by a firm hand on his shoulder.

“Yah~” Sihyon said in a mock irritated tone.

“Haha. Mianhe.” He scratched his neck awkwardly.

“Anyhows, I should get going. I’ve gotta study.” She said.

“Oh, you’re studying for uni?” Onew said quickly, trying to keep the conversation alive.

“Yeah. The lecturer was being an idiot and didn’t explain anything so I have to study twice as much for my next exam.” She said, slipping the keys out of her pocket and shoving it into her doorknob.

“I see. Well, Taemin’s getting bored of having us as his study mates so if you want, you should come over sometime and study with us.” He blurted.

She grinned. “Sure. I’ll come over some time. But for now, I think I’d best study. My exam’s tomorrow morning so I’m going to study now and sleep early.” She said. “I’ll be back in time fore your schedule. It should be filming for a show at around 11am. I’d like you to be ready to go by 10am so we have time for any traffic jams. I’m going to give you guys the freedom of space tomorrow because you will have enough time to sleep in. Come knock at my door when you’re ready arrasso?” she finished.

“Ah… Ne.” Onew was positively dumbfounded as he watched Sihyon disappear to the other side of her door. This was the first time that they had to take responsibility of their time management. He could already hear Key’s nagging.


He looked back to the bags in his hand and smiled when he saw a package of smoked chicken drumsticks with a light banana yellow note.

‘To Onew: Rumour has it that you’re addicted to chicken. I bought you smoked since it’s healthier than KFC. Plus, it wont taste bad if it’s cold. Enjoy :D’

By this time, Onew was sitting at the kitchen breakfast bench staring at the note and grinning like a mad idiot.

Just for fun, he decided to go through the other items in the bag. There was kimchi, banana milk, some other meats, eggs, PLENTY of vegetables, but no notes to anyone else. Onew only grinned wider and carefully folded the note and put it in his pocket, making a mental note to put it away I his box of special things later, before beginning to pack the bought items in the fridge. 

______________________
so yeah, that's it for now.
please comment so i know what kind of story you guys are looking for!
i dont want to dissapoint you guys by writing a completely stupid fic > <