Snow Owl

"Please get a grip of yourself. Do you want to die?" I asked the strange man whose eyes were shut. Tiny flakes piled on top of his lashes.

"It's cold.. It's always cold for some reason," he mumbled and his eyes fluttered open as he stood up on his own. "I'm Yunho," he introduced as he dusted snow off of him.

"Yunho.. That's a nice name," I said.

"You must be warm." Yunho assumed.

"No, I'm cold."

"Then the snowflake wouldn't have melted."

I can no longer tell the difference between cold or warm

The snowflakes stopped falling.

"There's no blizzard. Why did it stop snowing?" Yunho tried to search for the answers in the blurry sky.

I shrugged as I lowered my head. I faced my palm upwards. The tiny snowflake liquefied as soon as it touched my numb hands. I should've worn gloves today. My hands are cold.

"Are you okay."

"Yeah." I replied as I looked up at him. 

"An abyss is cold. Colder than the peak of winter." I flinched when Yunho's hands came near me. Gently placing his hand on my forehead, yet I cannot feel it. Am I numb?

"You should go home.. You have a fever. " Yunho suggested as he gave me a tiny smile.

"Fine. You go back too okay!" I stuck my pinky out for him to make the traditional promise. 

 


Life is like a ball of string. Each knot, when untangled, it can bring you to different paths.

Once it snaps, then it's over.


 

"Where have you been?" My sister questioned.

"The park," I answered.

"Well mom was so concerned about you! And why would you go there?!" 

"To find someone there." I confessed.

"What? That park is closed! It's called trespassing if you went there!" My sister snapped.

"Why?" 

"There was a boy who died there by a blizzard. Rumor says that sometimes they hear him talk!" she explained.

"Are you serious!? Then Yunho-" 

"Yunho?" My sister cut off my sentence.

"What?" I anxiously asked.

"Yunho was the name of that boy." 

 


Silently taking flight.


 

Yunho left since she told him to go back. Silently taking flight like an owl.