하나

Snow Owl

"You're going to freeze to death!" I yelled at the stranger who looked semiconscious. He laid down on the alabaster snow looking quite relaxed. I reached my arm out, offering to help him up..

"I'm fine," he said and I immediately pulled my arm back. A long silence came between us. Yet both of us didn't bother to stop the silence. He stared at the sky, and so I copied him. 

Little flakes made up of ice particles fell from the clouds and landed on whatever the stopping point was for them.

"It's quite cold today.." Breaking the absence of sound, I then faced my hands upwards and waited for tiny flakes to dissolve on my palms.. I wanted them to feel warmth just once before losing form and turning into plain water. 

"Yeah," he agreed. 

"Are you cold?" I asked.

"No."

"Why're you laying on the snow?"

"There's going to be a blizzard soon." He slowly closed his eyes, and I noticed something.. He was cold. Shivering and trembling, but lying. 

Liar...

 


Is it possible for anyone to be pure as snow?

No, it's not.


 

"I'm home." I yelled as I entered the front door.

"Where were you all this time?" My mother asked.. Worried. So worried. 

"Sorry. I stayed after school, then I visited the park." I was being honest.

"Why did you go to the park?" She looked suspicious. 

"I felt like it." I mumbled and headed upstairs to my room to avoid any tantrum she was going to throw. Surprisingly she didn't.

I wonder why. 

"Did you hear?" My sister suddenly asked whilst peeking her head out of the door to her room.

"Hear what?" I stopped my tracks in front of my own room that was across her's. I was truly confused, so I just stared at her and waited. Waiting for her to say something that's worth listening to.

"The news."

"What news?" I pursed my chapped lips together.

"There's going to be a blizzard really soon," she said, and I immediately ran down the stairs. 

I don't know why, but I rushed out of the house without a thought of the consequences I was going to face later from my mother. Maybe a part of me was worried. Strange. I thought I was selfish.

 


Laying on the cold snow with limbs spread out.

He looks like a snow angel.


 

Panting, the snowflakes kept hitting me. My vision is all blurred. 

Why? Why can't I find him? Snow angel, please stand up.

"Why're you here?" I heard a man's voice ask. Instantly, my whole body turned around by itself.

It's the snow angel.

"Why're you here?" I asked back.

"Blizzards are beautiful. Watching them from the window isn't enough for me." He smiled. He possesses a nice one.

"Oh." I mumbled.

"Now tell me your reason." The stranger demanded.

"There's none."

"Liar." He softly chuckled.

In the end, I'm a liar as well.

Liar...

 


Not everything happens for a reason.

Tbc.