Prologue

Undercover Girl

 

Prologue: 

Bang Yong guk entered the conference room built of sleek steel and glass walls. Occupying the room was a long black table seated with the old board members and the CEO of TS Entertainment.

“Thank you for joining us. Please have a seat Bang Yong guk-ssi,” The CEO greeted him warmly.

The B.A.P. leader nodded and took his seat next to Manager Kang. 

Clearing his throat, the CEO began, “What I wish to discuss with you is about the matter of B.A.P. and the addition of a new member.” 

One of the board members shook his head, “B.A.P. just debuted, it would be too much to change everything now. Besides, they are doing perfectly fine right now.”

“You don’t understand. I want to bring a new element, to the kpop world…An instrumentalist,” the CEO pulled a remote from his pocket and pressed a combination of buttons. Soon, a projector descended from the ceiling and buzzed to life, presenting the beginning of a slideshow. 

“2012 Statistics show that audiences prefer instrumentalists rather than synthesizers. They want to see talent. Think about it. B.A.P. will stand out with a fresh, bold image. It will be real, raw talent, not the fake boybands the lesser companies spews out every year,” He pressed another button and an imaged popped up, “This is the seventh potential member for B.A.P.”

The picture was of a Korean girl with long black hair and pretty eyes. She was playing passionately on an electric violin, contrasting with the formal black gown worn appreciatively over her small frame. The next slide played a video of her playing a mad solo that electrified the room.

Someone interrupted, “Wait, I understand what you mean by introducing an instrumentalist, but why her? B.A.P. is a boy band. We can’t have a girl in the mix! It could destroy everything we’ve worked for.”

“Her gender is irrelevant. With Chocolate’s help, we can transform her into a beautiful boy easily,” He waved off the concern.

“She’s exactly what we need. The Best. Absoulte. Perfect. We scouted her over a year ago,” The CEO explained.

 “Who’s we?” The board member asked.

“Yongguk-ssi and I of course,” The CEO smiled.