The Restless

All I Care About

The first thing Sehun saw in the morning was Luhan's beautiful face smiling at him and Sehun automatically smiled back. He loves waking up to find Luhan right next to him. It was his favorite scene to wake up to. The only thing that makes waking up in the morning worthwhile.

 

Morning Sehun-ah,” Luhan greeted, his grip tightening around Sehun's waist. The older boy was grinning from ear to ear. What's he so happy about?

 

Morning.” Sehun peeked behind him to see if the others were awake. And seeing that they were still out, he turned his attention back to his boyfriend and held him tighter, taking this opportunity to breathe in Luhan. But instead of smelling like all things sweet, his boyfriend smelled like.......fresh linen?

 

Did you sleep well?” the older one asked while mussing Sehun's hair.

 

Yeah. You?”

 

Eh. It was alright.”

 

Sehun scoffed. “Just alright?”

 

Luhan nodded, fingers still tangling with Sehun's hair. “Why? Was I supposed to sleep better with you next to me?”

 

Duh. That is the reason why you came to my room.”

 

Was it?”

 

Sehun rolled his eyes. “Yes, Bambi. It was.”

 

Luhann shrugged. “If you say so.”

 

Sehun cupped his face. “Don't act all innocent now. You were the one that snuck in last night, claiming you couldn't sleep.”

 

Luhan giggled. “That was because it was cold in the other room.”

 

Well you could have just gotten a blanket. No need to come into another room, more specifically my room.”

 

It was dark so I didn't know where I was going exactly. I was only following this strange warmth that somehow led me to your room and under your covers.” The older one beamed. “I guess your heat was calling out to me and I couldn't do anything but follow.”

 

And Sehun laughed real hard at that. “You're embarrassing.”

 

The older one suddenly frowned. “I'm serious.”

 

Sehun stopped and looked at him, wondering if the older one was playing with him or not, but seeing the seriousness of Luhan's expression, Sehun decided that it was best to play along. “Right. Sorry. My heat was guiding you to me, so that was how you ended up sleeping with me. Got it.”

 

Luhan raised his eyebrow. “Are you being sarcastic?” Sehun laughed again. “Yah! Don't make fun of me!” He pouted.

 

Sehun gave Luhan a very tight hug because that was how he handled a pouty Luhan. “Why are you so cute in the morning?”

 

Luhan scoffed. “I'm cute 24/7.”

 

Sehun chuckled. “365 days a year?”

 

Nope. 364. I have one day off. Can't be cute year round – it's exhausting.”

 

Lies. You're effortlessly cute.”

 

Luhan's cheeks tinged pink, and Sehun smiled because Luhan had just proven his statement.

 

You're so cheesy, Sehun-ah.” He buried his face in Sehun's chest to hide his flushed cheeks.

 

Blame it on being with you.”

 

So you're cheesy because you're dating me?” Luhan mumbled in the fabric of Sehun's shirt.

 

Yeah. That's the only possible explanation because I was never this way before you came along. I was the cool guy that didn't care much about anything. Ice Man Sehun.”

 

Luhan was oddly quiet after that. Sehun poked him in the stomach to see if he was still awake.

 

Do you ever wish you were cool again?” his boyfriend murmured softly.

 

What is that supposed to mean? Are you saying I'm not cool anymore?” Sehun teased.

 

I thought it was a known fact?” Luhan replied, now looking up at Sehun with mischief in his eyes.

 

Shut up. I am still cool. Just not around you.” I'm a lovestruck fool around you.

 

Luhan smiled. “Sehun-ah, how much do you love me?”

 

Sehun raised his brow, surprised at how mushy this conversation was getting.

 

He cleared his throat. “A lot. A whole damn lot.”

 

How much is a lot?”

 

Enough to let you get away with everything – like letting you ask me such ridiculous questions at 8 in the morning.”

 

And you let me get away with stuff because......” Luhan gazed into his eyes like he was waiting for Sehun to say something. To say the right thing.

 

This is strange. The way Luhan looked at him made Sehun feel like he was caught red handed for doing something wrong. For some reason, Sehun felt like he was being interrogated. And even though he knew the answer quite clearly, Sehun found it difficult to speak.

 

Well?”

 

Uh. Um. Because I love you.”

 

Luhan tilted his head to the side. “That sounds like a question.”

 

Sehun shook his head. “It's not.”

 

You sure?”

 

He sighed. “Yes, I'm sure.”

 

Why?”

 

Why?” Sehun repeated, confusion evident on his face.

 

Yes. Why do you love me?”

 

I thought the answer was obvious...

 

Because I just do. I don't have a reason

 

Luhan frowned.

 

I have a million.”

 

His boyfriend's eyes brightened. “Really? What are they?”

 

Once again, Sehun peeked over his shoulders to check if his teammates are up and if they were hearing any of this. Fortunately, none of them even stirred.

 

Do I have to say all of them?”

 

Luhan nodded. “Yes.”

 

It'll take the whole day,” Sehun complained. Maybe even more.

 

I'm waiting..”

 

Fine.” Sehun cleared his throat, mind still reeling over how he got himself in this situation. Luhan gazed intently at him, waiting for his answer, looking extremely eager.

 

I love your name. It's easy to pronounce, easy to write, and I love the way it rolls off my tongue. Even though we haven't known each other for too long, it feels like I've been saying your name my whole life. I love how it fits you perfectly, although Bambi is a close second.” Sehun smirked at the last bit.

 

Go on...”

 

I love the way your hair tickles the underside of my chin. I love your innocent doe-like eyes. They sparkle whenever you're happy about something and I lose my breath every time. I love how even though you're the second oldest in the house, your aegyo can easily rival Tao hyung's. I love how small you are.

 

Luhan was about to open his mouth, probably to argue that he wasn't small, but Sehun continued, “At least compared to me. It's like you were made that way to fit me. Like a glove. Like a missing puzzle piece. But sometimes I wish you were small enough to keep in my pocket, to have you wherever I go. And I know saying that makes me sound like a possessive lover, but I can't help but worry about you whenever you're not within reach. I'm constantly thinking about you, even if you're just in the next room. Sometimes it makes me feel pathetic, but most times it just makes me appreciate you more when you are with me.”

 

Luhan nodded like he understood how that felt.

 

Do I really have to continue?”

 

Yes. I like where this is going.” The smaller boy grinned. Of course you do.

 

I love how you're so straightforward, but can still manage to keep me guessing. I love your obsession with taking my pictures, but I do wish you would stop popping out of nowhere, especially when I'm in the shower.”

 

Instead of blushing, Luhan merely giggled, as if pleased with himself. Sehun rolled his eyes. I think it's time to tease you a little.

 

I also love how your ears get red whenever you're excited or nervous or ” Sehun slipped his hand under Luhan's shirt, fingers tracing his boyfriend's soft, blemish free skin. Luhan's eyes widened at Sehun's touch, his ears suddenly turning into an adorable shade of red – the effect Sehun was hoping for.

 

Or whenever I touch you like that,” Sehun finished with a smirk.

 

Yah!”

 

Sehun laughed and took his hand out, happy that he made his point. “I love how you can still be shy even though we've done

 

Alright! You don't have to continue anymore. I get it.”

 

What? This is what you wanted to hear – the things I love about you. And I'm saying I love your not-so-shy face when we

 

Okay! Sehun-ahh. Enough,” Luhan interjected, the color of his cheeks now matching his ears.

 

Sehun chuckled. Now this is getting fun. Ignoring Luhan's objections, Sehun continued, “I adore the way you say my name. But I especially love it when you're all red in the face, Sehun

 

Luhan immediately covered his mouth, cutting him off. You can stop now,” Luhan hissed.

 

He glanced over to the guys behind Sehun and sighed in relief when he saw that they were still asleep.

 

So are you satisfied?”

 

Yes. You love everything about me.”

 

Correct.” Sehun grinned. He pulled the older boy closer and nuzzled his face, pleased to find that the blush on Luhan's face hadn't disappeared.

 

Luhan pulled away to look at him. “You should tell me how you feel more often.”

 

Sehun looked at him questioningly. “But you know how I feel..?”

 

Yeah, but it doesn't hurt to hear it every now and then.” Luhan flashed him a sheepish smile. “I love hearing your love confessions.”

 

Should I tell you every day then?”

 

Every hour,” Luhan said with a cheeky grin.

 

Sehun chuckled. “Is that what you want?”

 

Uh huh.”

 

Starting when?”

 

Now.” Luhan bit his bottom lip, eyes twinkling.

 

Sehun smiled. “I love you, Bambi. I love you so much.” So much it hurts sometimes. 

 

His fingers instinctively found their way to his boyfriend's cheeks, caressing it. Luhan leaned into the touch, smiling brilliantly.

 

I love you too, Sehun-ah.”

 

Sehun leaned in, lips meeting Luhan's. He kissed Luhan......

 

But something felt off.

 

Sehun pulled away, eyebrows knitted in confusion. “You taste different.”

 

Luhan blinked at him. “That's because I'm a pillow.”

 

What

 

Sehun woke with a start, and sure enough his face was planted in his pillow. That explains the smell of fresh linen. He rubbed his eyes.

 

Wait......IT WAS ALL A DREAM?!

 

Sehun turned his head around to where Luhan was supposed to be, but he wasn't there. He snapped his head to the other side, where the other boys were, thinking that maybe Luhan had magically rolled to that side without him knowing, but the boy wasn't there either. Sehun frowned. Where is he?

 

He made his way to Team B's room. Opening the door slightly, he took a look around, immediately frowning when he doesn't see that familiar head of honey brown hair. Is he in the kitchen?

 

Just when he was about to turn the corner to enter the kitchen, he heard bubbly laughter that could only belong to his boyfriend. He stepped in and sure enough, Luhan was sitting on the counter, legs playfully swinging back and forth, holding a cup of coffee, but he wasn't alone...

 

Hongki was there – laughing along with the older boy, holding a matching cup. The scene looked innocent, but that didn't stop the scowl on Sehun's face from manifesting.

 

Morning,” Sehun greeted in voice that came off painfully bitter.

 

Luhan whirled around at the sound of his voice. The older one jumped off the counter and was about to approach Sehun, but he stopped midway.

 

Sehun would be lying if he said that he wasn't disappointed that Luhan didn't come to him.

 

Morning,” Luhan replied. Sehun grimaced because that wasn't his boyfriend's usual morning voice. It was a lot less chirpy. Sehun furrowed his brows as they stared at each other. The air between them was thicker than usual...like they had gotten in a fight last night.

 

It can't be.. I don't remember arguing with him...Did I kick him in my sleep or something?

 

Hongki, being stuck in between the two, started backing away slowly, hoping to not interfere with whatever that is going on between them.

 

You don't feel lightheaded do you? Want something to drink?” Luhan asked him, already walking towards the fridge. “What do you want?”

 

I'll have what you're having,” Sehun replied, taking a seat at the kitchen table.

 

Oh. Hongki made me coffee. It's surprisingly good,” Luhan said. He turned to Hongki, who was trying to sneak out of the kitchen, and pulled him back in. “Can you make Sehun some coffee?”

 

Uhhhh..” Hongki looked past Luhan, and upon spotting the glare from Sehun, he gulped. “I—uh I guess I can.”

 

It's fine. I don't want coffee,” Sehun said as he got up from his spot and opened the fridge, in search of something to eat, or rather in search of something to cool his insides because something inside of him was starting to boil.

 

He doesn't think it was an aftereffect of the alcohol. He thinks it might have something to do with the fact that Luhan was still holding on to Hongki's wrist.

 

******

 

Oh okay.” Luhan lets go of Hongki and the guy mouthed “Sorry” before running out of the kitchen. “Hey!”

 

Feeling abandoned, he turned around to find Sehun staring straight at him, eyes piercing – like lasers.

 

Did you sleep well last night?” Sehun asked, taking a seat. He took a sip from his bottle of orange juice.

 

Uh yes.” Luhan replied, taking a seat opposite of Sehun's.

 

He lied.

 

He didn't sleep well at all. No, he didn't toss and turn like he did in his original room before he came to Sehun's room, but Luhan thoughg that he rather toss and turn than encounter the nightmare he had last night – the nightmare that had Sehun and the club president in it. And no, he doesn't want to recount the details of the dream. Once was enough.

 

Yes, he knew that Sehun would never do anything to hurt him. And yes, he knew that Sehun loves him.

 

But none of that can stop the dream from being any less terrifying.

 

When he woke up that morning, with his forehead drenched in sweat, Luhan looked over to Sehun's side and found the boy smiling, nuzzling his pillow. It looked like he was having a good dream, and Luhan wondered what it was about.

 

Feeling restless, Luhan left Sehun and walked into the kitchen, hoping to make himself coffee to clear his head, and he found Hongki sitting alone at the kitchen table. They talked and Hongki offered to make him coffee, claiming that he was once taught under one of Seoul's best barista. Luhan didn't believe him, so the boy went ahead and brewed him one of the best cup of coffee Luhan ever had (and that is saying something because he works in a coffee shop). They talked about a lot of things – like what they wanted to do today, what their hobbies were, and Luhan even found out that Hongki has a crush on a girl in their club. He made a mental note to find out who she was and maybe get them together. Luhan must admit that hanging out with Hongki did take his mind off of other things and for that he was grateful.

 

Luhan took another sip of his coffee, failing to notice the worry on Sehun's face.

 

Good morning guys! Wow didn't expect you two to be early birds!” The president smiled at them as she enters.

 

It's no longer a good morning, Luhan thought as he watched her walk over to the fridge to grab a bottle of orange juice. His eyes darted to the bottle of orange juice Sehun held in his hands. I see they both like orange juice. Luhan looked down at his cup of coffee, thinking that he should have gotten orange juice as well.

 

The club president took a seat between them, eyes going back and forth between Luhan and Sehun. Luhan, however, avoided her gaze, refusing to look at anything other than the dark liquid inside his cup. Sehun, on the other hand, had his eyes trained on Luhan.

 

So um what are you two planning on doing today?”

 

Luhan looked up, finally making eye contact with her. “Uhh. I want to go hiking later.” He said “I” because he wasn't sure Sehun would want to join. Besides, they didn't really discuss what they were going to do today.

 

Yeah, we're going hiking today,” Sehun spoke. Luhan turned to look at him, surprised. “Should be fun,” Sehun added, eyes still glued on Luhan.

 

Uh yeah,” Luhan responded, biting his bottom lip. Images of Sehun and him holding hands while hiking along a trail in the mountains flashed through his mind, making Luhan feel giddy all over. Now he was really looking forward to hiking.

 

A few more of their club members entered the kitchen, and the president announced that they were going to split the duties – with team A doing the dishes, while team B made breakfast. Thankfully, a lot of Luhan's teammates were experienced in making breakfast, so the process wasn't too bad. They spent quite some time in the kitchen because they weren't as diligent as Kyungsoo or as talented. When they finally served everybody, and seeing how the other members didn't complain about the taste, Luhan considered it a success.

 

Sehun sat beside him, oftentimes giving Luhan a piece of his scrambled eggs because he knew how much Luhan likes eggs. Taking a bite, Luhan immediately concluded that eggs from Sehun are the best. Luhan thanked him by pouring him a new glass of orange juice, to which Sehun accepted, mouth pursed like he was trying to hide a grin. 

 

After breakfast, Luhan waited for Sehun to finish cleaning and washing the dishes so that they could go hiking, but unfortunately, they (Luhan's team) left behind a boatload of pots and pans, so Sehun's team took longer than usual to finish.

 

Checking his watch, Luhan frowned because it was thirty minutes to noon. He had heard from Hongki that it was best to experience the view from the mountain peak at noon. If Sehun's team continued to clean at the pace they're moving at, Luhan didn't think they'll make it in time.

 

We should leave now,” Hongki said when he came into the room, all dressed for the occasion. Behind him were several others from team B, all looking ready to hike.

 

Luhan glanced at Sehun, who was drying off a plate with a towel. “Sehun-ah.”

 

I'm almost done,” Sehun said, hurriedly drying the plate.

 

Hongki, why don't you take your team first? If you wait for us, I doubt you'll make it to the top before noon. We'll finish cleaning here. I'll just take my team tomorrow morning before we leave,” the president suggested.

 

What?! Tomorrow?! That means I won't get to go with Sehun....Luhan pouted. Sehun caught the disappointment on Luhan's face, but he doesn't say anything.

 

I guess that's fine. Okay, come on Luhan, let's go.” Hongki gave Sehun an awkward pat on the back before leaving the room.

 

Since you're not going, I can just stay here,” Luhan murmured.

 

Sehun shook his head. “No. You really want to go, so just go. It'll be fine.”

 

Although Sehun was right, he really did want to go hiking, but he wanted to go with Sehun. Luhan felt sadden by the fact that Sehun didn't want him to stay because if their positions were switched, Luhan would have wanted Sehun to stay. Maybe I am a selfish boyfriend. Luhan frowned at the thought.

 

O-okay. I'll go,” Luhan said weakly. Turning to leave, Luhan felt a firm hand grab his wrist. “Sehun?”

 

Just...Just be careful okay? Make sure you have your phone with you in case something happens.”

 

Okay. I will.”

 

Sehun gave his wrist a gentle squeeze before letting go. “Have fun.”

 

Yeah.” Luhan waved his boyfriend goodbye before exiting and joining the others who were waiting for him outside the front door.

 

Come on, Luhan! It'll be fun!” Hongki came over and pulled him along.

 

Yeah.”

 

******

Sehun was trying his best to speed things along, but there were simply too many things to clean because Luhan's team had left a massive mess behind. He checked the clock on the wall – it was almost noon. He glanced at Luhan, who was waiting for him, and suddenly felt really bad. His boyfriend even had on hiking boots. If they could pick up the pace, they might finish in time, and he and Luhan could go on a hiking date (even if there were others coming along as well).

 

We should leave now,” Hongki said as he entered the kitchen, all dressed in his hiking gear. Sehun resisted the urge to throw his dirty dish towel at the vice president.

 

Luhan looked over at him. “Sehun-ah.”

 

I'm almost done.” He scrubbed the plate clean at a blinding speed. I'm going hiking with Bambi dammit!

 

Hongki, why don't you take your team first? If you wait for us, I doubt you'll make it to the top before noon. We'll finish cleaning here. I'll just take my team tomorrow morning before we leave,” the president suggested.

 

Sehun almost dropped the plate he was holding when she said that. What?! Tomorrow?! ARGH NO! He looked over and upon seeing a pouting Luhan, he knew that he was probably thinking the same. He knew Luhan felt disappointed because the boy was looking forward to going with him.

 

I guess that's fine. Okay, come on Luhan, let's go.” Hongki gave Sehun a pat on the back before he left the room. It was an awkward pat. Sehun couldn't tell if he was patting him because he felt bad that Sehun's team wasn't going to come, or that he was taking Luhan away from him.

 

Since you're not going, I can just stay here,” Luhan murmured.

 

Sehun shook his head. “No. You really want to go, so just go. It'll be fine.” I don't want to be the reason why you can't go....

 

Although he would much rather have Luhan stay behind, he didn't want to be selfish. He had to be strong and let Luhan go because if their positions were switched, Luhan would have let him go. Sehun could handle a few hours of worrying about his boyfriend (he has plenty of experiences). On the other hand, he didn't think Luhan could handle missing out on such a fun opportunity.

 

O-okay. I'll go,” Luhan said weakly. When Luhan turned to leave, Sehun quickly grabbed his wrist – his heart beating erratically now at the thought of Luhan on a mountain somewhere without him. The idea was a bit frightening. He knew that Luhan will be with the other members, so nothing dangerous would happen, but Sehun still felt uneasy. What if there were mountain lions? Bears? They would attack Bambi first wouldn't they?

 

Sehun?”

 

Just...Just be careful okay? Make sure you have your phone with you in case something happens.”

 

Okay. I will.”

 

Sehun gave Luhan's wrist a gentle squeeze before letting go. “Have fun.” He meant it.

 

Yeah.” Luhan waved him goodbye and left to follow the others.

 

For the rest of the day, Sehun had a hard time pushing the images of mountain lions chasing after an innocent deer out of his head. At one point, he thought about how he once saw two lions fighting over a baby deer, both of them ripping the helpless animal to pieces. He shuddered at the thought. I have to stop watching the animal channel.

 

Two hours and the gang was not back yet. Sehun was growing restless. The president, noticing this, gave him a reassuring pat. “Don't worry. They'll be here soon.”

 

Yeah. He's going to be fine. He's going to come back – in one piece. UGH THAT DOESN'T HELP!

 

Sehun sat down near the window and started surfing the internet on his cellphone, looking up the area they were staying in – to check if there have ever been reported sightings of mountain lions. He gulped when a news article popped up, claiming that there have been reports of wild boars in the area. Wild boars?!

 

His fear only escalated when the group came back, and he looked around, eyes not being able to pinpoint his boyfriend from the group.

 

Where's Luhan hyung?” Sehun asked.

 

Hongki came up to him but stayed about two meters away. “Sehun, listen to what I have to say before you freak out.”

 

Sehun's eyes widened, heart beating dangerously fast. He swallowed, not liking where this was going.

 

Where is Luhan?” Sehun repeated.

 

He's okay.” Hongki tells him, holding his palms out, as if that would stop Sehun from possibly hurting him. “After coming down from the trail, we were playing around and I kind of accidentally – I didn't mean to 

 

You what?!” Sehun snapped. “Spit it out!”

 

 

 

~~~~~~ WHAT HAPPENED TO LULU?!?!?!?! Small cliffhanger. Lol. Okay, I know I said that in this chapter, we'll see Luhan confront the president, but I decided to add the first part because we all need some Hunhan fluff ^_^ How many of you were slightly upset that it was just a dream? Lol. Sorry :P I felt that it was necessary for Sehun to have that dream - it was like Luhan was communicating with him, saying things he wouldn't have said to Sehun when they're awake, and vice versa (everybody knows how reluctant Sehun is to talking about his feelings). I thought the dream provided insight on how much Sehun cares for Luhan and how much he loves him (A WHOLE LOT!). And even though we all know he's head over heels for his Bambi, it was still nice to see him verbally express his feelings....although it was a dream.....to a pillow. LOL. Ah well :) Maybe he'll tell Luhan one day? Also Sehun freaking out over mountain lions and wild boars is hilarious! Lol. Overprotective Sehun is forever worried about Lulu. 

 

As for the confrontation between Luhan and the president, don't worry - it will happen! Next chapter! Definitely! 

 

Thanks for subscribing and reading! I really appreciate the comments. They make my day :) Oh, and I saw my stories being listed on recommended EXO fanfics on tumblr and I just wanted to say OMGGGGGGG. THANK YOUUUUUU! ♥