The Mistake

All I Care About

Jinho opened the door to his dark room, and threw himself on the bed. Laying on his back, he placed his arm over his eyes, exhausted from having to hide.

Why am I doing this to myself?

 

Dinner with Sehun and Luhan was just as bad, if not worse, as having lunch with the two.

 

Not a single moment went by without them being connected to each other in some way.

 

Earlier, when they had finished ordering, Luhan would rest his hand on Sehun's arm, causing Sehun to remove his boyfriend's hand and placed it in his own hand, fingers locked as they waited for the food to arrive.

 

When the food came, Sehun would occasionally switch hands, holding his fork in his left, so that his right hand could be free to assist Luhan, who was sitting to his right. Assisting Luhan included handing him a glass of water, pushing his plate away when he was done, and gently dabbing the corner of his mouth after the older boy had missed a spot. Luhan didn't say anything when Sehun did such things, but the bright smile on his face made it clear that he was thankful.

 

And the poker face Jinho had on began cracking.

 

For dessert, Jinho had chocolate raspberry tart, Luhan had crème brûlée and Sehun had Luhan.

 

Not one for dessert, Sehun had opted to watch his boyfriend happily finish his, oftentimes placing his hand around Luhan's waist. The way Sehun looked at the boy convinced Jinho that Sehun didn't need a cake or custard to consume something sweet – all he needed was to keep his eyes glued on Luhan. Sehun was probably thinking that watching Luhan's face light up whenever he took a bite of his crème brûlée was definitely sweeter than anything that was listed on the dessert menu.

 

Jinho couldn't argue with that.

 

Luhan was more than likely sweeter than anything Jinho had ever tasted, but of course no matter how much he really wanted to, he'll never know just how sweet....

 

Jinho shook his head and turned to sleep on his side. What kind of friend am I?

 

He closed his eyes and willed himself to sleep.

 

And he instantly wished he hadn't.

 

Jinho was standing in his room back at his apartment. The sun was shining and the window was slightly opened, allowing the curtains to flutter as the morning breeze settles in. The whole atmosphere was calming. Serene.

 

But Jinho knew what was going to happen. He has had this exact dream many times before.

 

He would turn his attention to the figure on the bed, his heart skipping a beat as his eyes fell upon the person.

 

It amazed Jinho to no end that no matter how many times he had dreamt about this, the sight of Luhan sleeping in his bed would leave him utterly mesmerized.

 

Luhan had his hands tucked underneath the pillow with his face turned to the side, allowing Jinho to admire him in such a peaceful state. Luhan was wearing Jinho's favorite pair of pajamas – the cotton ones with the blue and white stripes.

 

It was picture perfect.

 

Jinho frowned because this wouldn't last long. He knew that seconds from now, someone would open the door to the bedroom, and make his way to the sleeping boy to wake him from his slumber.

 

This was one of those times when knowing hurts.

 

Creak.

 

The door opened and in walked his best friend.

 

Aish. Why are you still asleep?” Sehun asked with nothing but affection in his voice.

 

Jinho watched as Sehun made his way over to the bed, taking a mere ten steps before he got there. Sehun sat on the bed beside Luhan, and bent down to press his lips against Luhan's.

 

Jinho closed his eyes as soon as Sehun's lips made contact with Luhan's pair.

 

But that did nothing to stop the image of Luhan, with eyes still closed, slowly smiling into Sehun's kiss from appearing in Jinho's mind. He didn't have to physically see it to know that it happened.

 

He also didn't have to see to know that when Sehun pulled away, Luhan's eyes would take their time in opening, but as soon as they gaze into Sehun's adoring eyes, they would sparkle. Luhan would automatically beam, gracing Sehun with his love struck face. His beautiful smile.

 

And that was when Jinho would usually wake up, exhausted and in terrible pain.

 

But surprisingly, nothing happened.

 

Jinho opened his eyes. He was still here – still standing a few feet away from the couple. This has never happened before.

 

Lu,” Sehun whispered, resting his forehead on Luhan's.

 

Hmm?” Luhan hummed in response.

 

I'm never letting you go.”

 

Jinho could feel the sincerity behind his friend's words. He could hear the promise behind them, and it hurts so much.

 

No matter what or who comes in between us, I'm never giving you up. You're mine. And only mine,” Sehun continued, softly pressing his lips on Luhan's nose.

 

The words piercing through the air between them, hitting Jinho square in the chest.

 

Luhan giggled and wrapped his arms around Sehun's neck. “Of course I'm yours. I wouldn't want to be anybody else's.”

 

Jinho did his best to not fall on his knees, to not crouch down and to not grab onto the front of his shirt even if the pang in his heart intensified.

 

You're the only person I want to give my heart to,” Luhan added, giving Sehun a quick kiss on the mouth.

 

Sehun grinned. “I'm really happy that you're my someone...”

 

Thankfully, the dream ended there. Jinho woke up with his head throbbing and his heart aching. He sat up and buried his face in his hands.

 

I really can't do this. I really have to talk to him.

 

He grabbed his phone and headed out the door. Jinho got in an elevator and pushed the button for the highest floor. He walked past the many office doors until he was in front of the door at the end of the hallway. The gold plate on the door read “Private.” He punched in the security code for the room and flipped the switch as soon as he got inside. It's still the same, Jinho thought as he walked towards the glass wall overlooking the entire resort. This used to be, and apparently still is, the room where he and Sehun would come to hang out whenever the other attractions of the resort got boring - their secret play room if you want to call it that. Sehun's aunt had originally wanted to turn this space into her private resting room, but Sehun had somehow convinced her otherwise.

 

Jinho sent Sehun a message asking him to meet. He was determined to talk to his friend – to get things off his chest. He doesn't think he could handle it anymore. He needs release and maybe talking to Sehun would make all of this easier. Maybe.

 

Zzzzzzzzzz.

 

Sorry man. Luhan's asleep and I don't want to leave him

 

Jinho put his phone back in his pocket and sighed. Just what exactly was he expecting? There was no way Sehun would leave Luhan just to meet him. Jinho looked out the window. He shouldn't have assumed that their friendship would stay the same. They weren't children anymore. Sehun wouldn't just come whenever he wanted him to. Sehun had someone else. Someone more important.

 

He sent Sehun a reply back, telling him that it's okay, maybe next time. If there is a next time....

 

It was around 2 am when he got back to the resort extremely buzzed, but somehow still capable of walking by himself. An hour before, he was sitting at a local bar, three bottles in when he suddenly gave up, too exhausted to continue drinking. Usually he could hold down his liquor pretty well, but for some reason tonight seems to be an exception.

 

When he made it to his floor, he suddenly felt his heart rate speeding up. At first he wondered what was wrong with him, but then he realized that he was standing five feet away from Sehun and Luhan's room, which was three doors down from his own room.

 

Without knowing, he walked up to the door. His right hand curled into a fist.

 

He was one knock away from Sehun. From telling him everything. From telling Sehun how his feelings for his boyfriend had been eating him up inside.

 

One knock away from hurting Sehun.

 

He was one knock away from Luhan. From telling him everything. From telling Luhan how much he loved him and how much it hurt seeing him with his best friend.

 

One knock away from pouring his heart out.

 

Maybe this is for the best?

 

If he told them everything, he wouldn't feel so alone anymore.

 

He wouldn't have to secretly harbor these feelings of longing for the impossible. He wouldn't have to deal with these feelings of guilt.

 

Everything will be out in the open. Done with.

 

Jinho brought his knuckles to the wooden door. He shivered. The wood felt cold and uninviting.

 

He squeezed his eyes shut, his hands trembling. Am I really ready for this?

 

If he was to knock now, nothing is going to be the same. Is he ready for that?

 

Jinho suddenly thought of the scene he had witnessed in his dream.

 

I'm never letting you go.”

 

You're mine. And only mine.”

 

I wouldn't want to be anybody else's.”

 

Jinho blinked and dropped his hand to his side. He pressed his forehead on the door.

 

I'm sorry,” he whispered, blinking back tears. “Sehun, I'm sorry.”

 

 

Jinnie! You're up early. Where are the others?” Aunt Eun asked as she approached Jinho, who was sitting alone at the breakfast table, trying his best to get over his hangover.

 

Probably still asleep.”

 

I see.” She gave Jinho a tiny smile. “Would you be a dear and call them up for me? I want to have breakfast with everyone before you all leave.”

 

I don't think --”

 

Great. Make sure they're all down here in the next ten minutes. I'm counting on you.” And with that Sehun's aunt walked away with her assistant following right behind her.

 

Jinho trudged his way back up to their floor. He decided to get Suho and Lay first because they seem to be the easiest, and he wasn't wrong. Suho, who was already dressed, greeted him at the door with a warm smile. After Jinho told him what Sehun's aunt had wanted, Suho told him that they'll be down once he gets Lay to wake up – which won't take long he promised. Before Jinho could ask him if he could be the one to go wake up Baekhyun and Chanyeol, Suho had closed the door on him. Crap.

 

There were only two other doors to knock on. One had Sehun and Luhan behind it. And although he was closer to them than he was to Baekhyun and Chanyeol (they don't even like him), Jinho thought it would be better to get them last. He remembered what had almost happen last night, and frankly, he wasn't ready to face them yet.

 

That's was how he ended up being the receiver of colorful curse words.

 

Saying that Baekhyun was not pleased to see him so early in the morning is a complete understatement. The boy, wearing a pair of leopard print pajamas, had literally growled when he opened the door and saw Jinho standing in front of him.

 

What do you want?” Baekhyun sneered, eyeing him with complete distaste. He had just ran out of curse words.

 

Sehun's aunt wants all of us to have breakfast,” Jinho said.

 

At the mention of Sehun's aunt, Baekhyun stood upright. “We'll be there.” He didn't hesitate to slam the door in Jinho's face. Jinho had a feeling Baekhyun had enjoyed slamming the door on him, if the satisfied smile on his face was any indication.

 

Déjà vu, he thought as he held up his hand to Sehun's door. But unlike the other time, he actually knocked.

 

He honestly expected Sehun to be the one to open the door, so when Luhan, in his morning glory, opened the door, Jinho's heart nearly leaped out of his chest. He knew Luhan wasn't a morning person, so seeing him standing as he is now came as a somewhat pleasant surprise. The older boy's face was positively bright. Luhan's hair was adorably tousled like in Jinho's dream, but unlike his dream, Luhan wasn't dressed in a pair of striped pajamas.

 

Luhan was wearing a wrinkled black collared shirt and a pair of gray sweat pants, both of which looked a bit big on him.

 

Then it hit him. Those were definitely not Luhan's.

 

Luhan was in fact wearing Sehun's shirt – the shirt he wore during last night's dinner. Which meant that.... Jinho shook his head and cleared his throat.

 

Morning hyung.”

 

Jinho? What's up?” His groggy morning voice made Jinho's heart flutter. So cute.

 

Aunt Eun wants us all to have bre --”

 

Jinho?”

 

Sehun appeared behind Luhan, his expression the opposite of Luhan's bright one. He didn't look angry or anything like that, but he didn't look happy either.

 

And while Jinho did his best to ignore the fact that Sehun was shirtless, he couldn't stop himself from noticing how Sehun wrapped a possessive hand around Luhan's hips.

 

What's going on?” Sehun asked.

 

Oh I was telling Luhan hyung that Aunt Eun wants us all to have breakfast together before we leave.”

 

Sehun kept his eyes on Jinho longer than he would have liked, causing him to feel uneasy. But as soon as Sehun sense the discomfort in Jinho, he cleared his throat and said, “We'll be right down.”

 

Thanks for telling us,” Luhan added with a smile.

 

You're welcome,” Jinho said.

 

See ya,” Sehun said before reaching out from behind Luhan and closing the door.

 

For some reason, having Sehun closed the door on him, even if it was gentle, bothered Jinho – more so than when Baekhyun had slammed it on his face.

 

It almost felt like Sehun was shutting him out. Keeping him away.

 

All Jinho could think about as he rode the elevator back down to the breakfast area was how things have definitely changed between them.

 

But he wondered what had caused this change..... Could Sehun finally see through him? Was he becoming transparent?

 

When they had gathered for breakfast, Jinho found himself between Suho and Chanyeol, while Sehun sat across from him. The seating arrangement was unfamiliar, but he quickly adjusted.

 

Ughh,” Chanyeol groaned, pushing away the orange juice Baekhyun was offering him. “My head hurts.”

 

Well, that tends to happen when you drink a whole bottle of wine,” Suho pointed out, ignoring the glare Baekhyun sent his way.

 

I don't regret it though,” Chanyeol stated, trying to shoot Suho a smirk, but it ended up looking like he was grimacing. The other boys laughed.

 

Baekhyun pinched his boyfriend's cheeks. “You're still my favorite drinking buddy, Yeollie,” he cooed, bringing a smile to Chanyeol's face.

 

Hi boys!” Aunt Eun greeted as she approached them. She took a seat next to Luhan, who quickly straighten his back (clearly nervous). “How is everybody?”

 

Good.”

 

Great.”

 

Never better.”

 

My head hurts.”

 

Aunt Eun giggled and wiggled her finger at Chanyeol. “You shouldn't have drank so much darling.”

 

Chanyeol pouted. She smiled. “But I already told the chef about your situation and your soup will be ready in a few minutes.”

 

Chanyeol's eyes widened and he thanked her. Jinho heard him whispering to Baekhyun that Sehun's aunt is the nicest rich lady he has ever met.

 

She turned her attention to Luhan, who was keeping himself busy spreading strawberry jam on his toast. From her smile, Jinho could tell that she took a liking to Luhan. She was probably smitten with him. He had a feeling she was more excited about the possibility of spoiling Luhan than she is of him being with her nephew. Having no children of her own, and Sehun being her only nephew, Aunt Eun had always complained that she needed someone to spend her money on. And now that life has handed her Luhan, Aunt Eun was most likely making it her mission to treat him like he was her own.

 

Which meant that she wanted them together.

 

Jinho looked down at his plate, poking around his chicken salad. His appetite now gone.

 

After bidding Sehun's aunt goodbye and after she surprised Luhan with a loving hug, the boys all got in their van and left. Suho and Lay spent most of the ride gushing over how unbelievable the whole trip was and how thankful they were to Sehun's aunt. Baekhyun and Chanyeol recounted their many adventures at the resort, even disturbing ones that no one else wanted to hear about – like how they danced “Sorry Sorry” in the sauna. When they pulled out their camera, ready to show everyone the videos they had, Sehun told them that if they press play, he was never going to invite them to the resort again. With a scoff, Baekhyun threw his camera back in his bag, all while mumbling about how Sehun could have used the videos as references to spice up his love life. Judging from Sehun's face, Jinho knew that his friend wasn't fond of that idea. As for Luhan, he was more awake during the ride than he was last time, so that meant he was extremely talkative. The boy's laughter could be heard every thirty seconds, and Jinho admits that he enjoyed hearing Luhan's bubbly laugh, but he hates it when he found himself wishing he could hear it every day for the rest of his life.

 

As for Sehun, he didn't talk much, but that was to be expected. His friend spent most of the ride listening to the other boys, sometimes laughing along when Luhan had a laughing fit. For the majority of the ride, Sehun had his arm around Luhan's shoulder and Luhan had his hand rested comfortably on Sehun's lap.

 

And although he was in a car with six other people, Jinho had never felt more alone....

 


 

It was Friday when Luhan grabbed his arm, effectively blocking his way out. The boy studied his face, his expression soft and Jinho could sense the concern.

 

Jinho sighed. He knew this was coming.

 

After their resort trip, Jinho had been avoiding Luhan, but not in the sense of him staying away from him, which was impossible because they had classes together. It was more like he avoided any possibility of being alone with Luhan. After class ended, he would hurry and pack his bag, giving Luhan some sort of reasonable excuse before he scurried out of the room, refusing to look back. He knew Luhan was frowning, and he honestly didn't want to see it. It would make avoiding the boy that much harder.

 

Apparently, Luhan had enough and that is why they are in their current positions. Luhan's hand firm on his arm, and Jinho fighting back the urge to just wring his arm free from Luhan's grasp and get the hell out of here. 

 

Jinho, what's wrong?” Luhan asked, his gaze piercing.

 

W-what do you mean?” Jinho cursed himself mentally for stuttering.

 

Why are you avoiding me?”

 

I'm – I'm not avoiding you.”

 

Yes, you are. Jinho,” Luhan stepped closer to him. “Are you mad at me?”

 

Jinho could feel his head spinning. He couldn't tell if it was because he's cornered and can't come up with a good excuse or because Luhan was incredibly close. Unbearably close.

 

Hyung, I'm not mad at you,” he finally said. It was the truth, and judging from how Luhan's gaze soften, the older boy believed him.

 

Then why are you avoiding me? Did I do something wrong?”

 

Jinho sighed. “No. You did nothing wrong.”

 

It's my fault I'm in love with you.

 

Then why --”

 

Hyung, I'm just not feeling so good.” Again this was true.

 

Oh.”

 

Yeah, so --”

 

Jinho was cut short when Luhan suddenly pressed his palm against his forehead. Jinho's world stopped for a second. 

 

To Luhan, it was a simple gesture – something that a concerned friend would do.

 

But to Jinho, it was more than that.

 

It was the reason why his body started heating up. The cause of the heat in his cheeks. The catalyst that sent Jinho's heart beating a mile a minute.

 

Hmm. You do feel warm,” Luhan murmured, his eyebrows knitted. Unbeknownst to the older boy, the warmth on Jinho's forehead was simply due to his touch.

 

Uh h-hyung,” Jinho started, unable to form a complete sentence because crap Luhan still had his palm pressed on his forehead.

 

Oh. Sorry.” Luhan blushed as he removed his hand.

 

On one hand, Jinho was relieved because he didn't think he could take any more of Luhan's hand being on him. The spot that Luhan had touched him was starting to burn.

 

But on the other hand, he couldn't help but feel regretful when Luhan let go – instantly missing the feel of Luhan.

 

Did you go to the doctor's? Are you taking any medicine?” Luhan asked, obviously under the impression that Jinho was sick, which he was, but not in the way Luhan was thinking.

 

Jinho was horribly love sick.

 

Hyung, I'm okay. Please don't worry about me.” It's killing me. Jinho took a step back. “I have to go.”

 

But Jinho --”

 

Hyung, I'll be fine,” Jinho said before he walked away. I hope...

 

It was Saturday late afternoon when Jinho heard a knock on his door. And since no one had ever visited him since he moved into his apartment, Jinho had no idea who it could be. If he wasn't so curious, he would have ignored the knock and continued staring at his television screen, not really taking any of it in.

 

Who is it?” he asked, hand already twisting the knob. He opened the door slightly and –

 

Hyung, what are you doing here??” Jinho asked, flabbergasted because Luhan was standing outside his door, a blinding smile on his face and a white paper bag in his hand.

 

We came to visit you,” Luhan replied.

 

We??

 

Jinho's eyes traveled to Luhan's other hand, the hand with fingers twined to another. We.

 

Hey,” Sehun greeted. “Are you going to let us in or what?”

 

Jinho opened the door fully and put on what he hoped passed as a smile. “Yeah.”

 

The couple stepped in, their hands remained connected.

 

Nice apartment you got here,” Sehun said as he looked around. Luhan nodded, also scanning Jinho's place. For a split second, Jinho felt ridiculously self-conscious because Luhan was here. In his apartment. That feeling quickly turned to embarrassment because this was Luhan's first time here and the place is a complete mess. It was too late for him to wish he had cleaned up, instead of moping around all day.

 

How did you know I live here?” Jinho asked as he made his way to his fridge.

 

Your mom,” Sehun replied simply, his eyes still inspecting Jinho's place.

 

Oh.” Jinho opened the fridge, purposefully blocking their view of its contents. He had a whole lot of soju bottles in there and he didn't want Sehun or Luhan to question it.

 

He took out two water bottles. “Water?”

 

Thanks,” Luhan said as he grabbed both bottles, handing Sehun one of them, though Sehun looked like he didn't want it.

 

So why are you two here?” He didn't mean to sound rude, but honestly why are they here?

 

Luhan insisted,” Sehun said flatly.

 

Luhan smacked Sehun's arm. “We wanted to see how you were doing. And we also got you some cold medicine and soup.”

 

He handed Jinho the bag he was holding. Jinho accepted it graciously. The fact that Luhan came all the way here just to give him this meant a lot to him. More than it should.

 

Thanks.”

 

Luhan smiled. “You're welcome. Now....” He let go of Sehun's hand and took a seat on one of the bar stools Jinho had around his kitchen counter. “What were you doing?”

 

Umm. Nothing really,” Jinho said while rubbing the back of his neck.

 

I see...Well, since you weren't doing anything, how about we hang out?” Luhan suggested, his eyes silently pleading Jinho to agree.

 

He should have said, “No hyung. I don't think that's a good idea.”

 

But of course, he didn't – not when Luhan was giving him those puppy eyes. No one could say no to that. No one.

 

Um sure hyung. What do you have in mind?” Jinho ignored the surprised look Sehun gave him.

 

Hmm. How about dinner and then a movie?”

 

Even though he had a feeling things were not going to go smoothly, Jinho agreed. Curse Luhan and his amazing persuasion skills (also known as his puppy eyes and adorable pout).

 

For dinner, since he was use to living by himself, Jinho decided that a simple meal was best, and he called upon the couple for help. Regretfully, he only found out that Luhan and Sehun were horrible cooks when they had somehow managed to burn the rolls. He ended up giving them the task of putting the rice in the cooker and pressing the “Cook” button (even then the rice was a bit mushier than usual).

 

While Jinho was putting the finishing touches on the beef stew, Sehun and Luhan went through his DVD collection and decided on a movie – A Bittersweet Life starring Lee Byung Hun.

 

The fact that they were watching a movie about betrayal and revenge should have told Jinho that this was going to be a tough night.

 

Halfway through the movie, Luhan decided that maybe watching this wasn't the best idea. He quickly replaced the grim movie with a light hearted one – Lion King (which Jinho didn't even know he owned).

 

When the title came on the screen, Jinho caught Sehun smirking for some reason. Sehun brought the older boy closer to him and though he tried to be subtle about it, Jinho saw the quick peck he gave his boyfriend.

 

It felt like he was rudely witnessing a couple moment – like this was their home and he was the guest.

 

Jinho turned his attention back to the movie. It was definitely a good movie, but Jinho had a hard time watching the scene in which Scar releases Mufasa, letting him fall into the stampede, killing his own brother....

 

Oh no! It's raining,” Luhan exclaimed as he walked over to Jinho's window, frowning. Jinho remembered watching something on the weather channel about a thunderstorm in the Seoul area.

 

Looks pretty bad,” Jinho said absentmindedly.

 

Do you have an umbrella?” Sehun asked, already putting on his jacket. Jinho got the sense that even if it snowed Sehun didn't want to spend the night here.

 

I do.....but I won't lend it to you.”

 

Sehun blinked at him. “Wha--”

 

It's late, cold, and it's really pouring. I don't want anything to happen to you guys.”

 

We can take a taxi,” Sehun said.

 

But Sehun --” Luhan started before Jinho interrupted him. “No. You two can stay here for the night. Please. I'll feel better knowing you're not going to be caught in the storm.”

 

Sehun-ah...” Luhan walked over to where Sehun was standing. “Jinho's right. We should just stay here. A sleepover wouldn't be so bad.”

 

Sleepover? Jinho didn't really think of it like that, but essentially, he was asking Sehun and Luhan to sleep over. Before he could ponder over what he was really getting himself into, he cleared his throat.

 

It's settled then. You two are staying. Since you're the guests, I'll let you have the bed.”

 

Luhan shook his head. “No, this is your place. You get the bed and we'll get the couch.”

 

Hyung.”

 

Do you have any extra toothbrushes?” Luhan asked, ending the topic of where everyone was sleeping.

 

Uh yeah.”

 

When Jinho laid in bed, after saying night to the couple, he stared at the ceiling. He couldn't get over the fact that Luhan and Sehun were right outside his door. They were sleeping in his living room. Together.

 

Jinho turned to his side and sighed. A restless night awaits.

 

In the morning, when Jinho woke up, feeling extremely tired (having only about four hours of sleep), he stumbled his way out of his room. He was on his way to the bathroom when, without thinking, he glanced towards the direction of the living room.

 

Bad idea.

 

Sehun and Luhan, who was snoring a little, were still asleep. The problem? Luhan was sleeping on Sehun.

 

Jinho's couch was more than big enough for the two of them to sleep next to each other, but apparently Luhan didn't think so. The boy was cutely snuggled to Sehun's chest, his head resting underneath Sehun's chin. Sehun had his arms protectively around the older boy, as if afraid the boy might fall off. Considering how tightly Luhan was holding onto Sehun's shirt, Jinho doubt that would happen.

 

Deciding that he should stop staring – the image of the two will still be the same even if he kept on staring – Jinho went to the bathroom, immediately turning on the faucet and splashing his face. Definitely a bad idea.

 

When he got out, Sehun had woken, waiting by the door. Jinho eyed the couch and noticed that Luhan was still asleep.

 

Morning,” Sehun greeted.

 

Morning,” Jinho said, moving out to allow Sehun to enter the bathroom. “I'll make breakfast.”

 

He was midway through getting the oil in the pan when Sehun finished and came out. “I'll just have cereal,” he said. Jinho hummed in response. He looked through his cabinets and brought out the cereal box, handing it to Sehun along with a bowl and spoon. For the rest of the time, Sehun ate his cereal in silence.

 

Jinho was almost done with the scrambled eggs when he heard a noise coming from the couch, then some shuffling. Luhan was awake.

 

The boy entered the kitchen, his hair an adorable mess. He was yawning and rubbing his eyes at the same time. Jinho couldn't help the smile that formed on his face at the sight.

 

Jinho-ah.”

 

Morning,” Jinho said, heart bursting with glee at being able to greet Luhan in the morning.

 

Wait.......What?

 

Sehun looked up from his cereal. Jinho tore his eyes away from Luhan and when he made contact with Sehun, he knew something was wrong. Sehun's expression was one of pure shock.

 

And that was when Jinho realized he just made a terrible mistake. A grave mistake.

 

It was all a part of his stupid imagination.

 

Luhan had not called his name. He called Sehun, but in Jinho's sick, exhausted mind he had thought Luhan had said his name instead.

 

Jinho's lack of sleep had proven detrimental.

 

To save the situation, or rather to relieve Sehun of any possible internal struggle, Jinho quickly cleared his throat and went back to the eggs, which were half burnt by now.

 

Luhan, still half asleep, didn't catch the mistake. He walked over to Sehun and plopped down on the bar stool. “Cereal?” Luhan mumbled, resting his head on Sehun's shoulder. “Is that going to fill you up?”

 

Jinho, who still had his back turned to the couple, could feel Sehun's eyes boring the back of his head.

 

Sehun-ah?”

 

That grabbed Sehun's attention, and Jinho couldn't have been more grateful.

 

Uh. Yeah. It's fine,” Sehun answered. “You want cereal too?”

 

No... Jinho, are you making eggs for me?” Luhan asked. Crap. I have to turn around now. Deep breath.

 

Jinho turned around. “Yeah hyung. Do you want it?”

 

Luhan nodded. “Mhm.”

 

For the rest of breakfast, Jinho pretended that nothing happened, and from the way Sehun didn't bring it up, he assumed that his friend felt the same.

 

When they were done, Sehun said that they should leave, and Luhan agreed. After thanking them again for visiting him, he waved them bye, quietly closing the door when they were around the corner. He groaned, slid down the door, and buried his face in between his knees.

 

I'm a complete idiot.

 

Jinho looked up and spotted the white bag, the one that contained the medicine Luhan bought for him. He remembered how happy he felt when he received the bag. He frowned. This is spiraling out of control. 

 

 

 

~~~~~~ DRAMA. DRAMA. DRAMA. Lol. So much happened in this chapter. The dream....tsk poor Jinho. If you're wondering why Luhan was wearing Jinho's pajamas and sleeping in his bed before Sehun entered the room, well the answer is simple - it's Jinho's dream. That's what he wished he could see in reality, but Jinho also feels guilty about it, so that's why in his dreams, Sehun would always come in and kiss Luhan - a reminder that it'll always be just a dream. Sad I know :( 

 

Also did anybody notice how Jinho was standing in front of their door at the same time (around 2 am) that Sehun had dreamt that he confessed?  Cool coincidence? Or some weird friendship connection thing? Hmm. Did anybody gasp when I wrote that Jinho was about to knock on their door? Hhahah. "OMG. HE WOULDN'T!!" :D He didn't. So it's cool. Btw Luhan wearing Sehun's shirt + Sehun shirtless = Y TIME. Lol. Charging clearly went well. 

 

And finally, the scene in Jinho's apartment - OMGGGGGG. That was just intense. And then their movie choices - LOLLLL. Movies about betrayal...wow. And the little Hunhan moment when Lion King was on - awwwwww. Sehun's favorite disney movie. Cutee! Btw if you haven't seen the movie - Scar is Mufasa's brother, who is jealous that his older brother is king, so he pushes him off a cliff, killing him and taking his place. Nice movie for Jinho to watch eh? Hahha. I'm trolling you guys - he's not going to push Sehun off a cliff! And then the slip up. GASP!! He thought Luhan called his name!!! Omggggg. Sehun must have been like "WHAT THE HELL MAN?!" And of course, Luhan didn't even notice. Bless his adorable soul ♥ Caught in between two friends without knowing it. 

 

My author's note is getting longer and longer as the drama unfolds...I hope you don't mind reading all of this...Lol. Thanks for reading and subscribing! Valentine chapter will be up soon (maybe). I'll get to working on it! 

 

P.s. the gif at the top is not mine, but OMG I LOVE IT. Sehun casually putting his hand on Lulu's lower back and bottom! Dies ♥ HUNHANNNNNNNNNNNN!