The Merry

All I Care About

 “Wait here,” Luhan said as he went behind the tree, leaving Sehun alone on the floor.

What are you doing?”

 

Getting your present.” Luhan appeared once again, grinning. He came back empty handed, the only difference was the big red bow he now had taped across his chest. Don't tell me...

 

Here!”

 

Sehun bit his lip to stop from laughing. Deciding that he'll have a little fun with his boyfriend, Sehun asked, “Where is it? Where's my present?”

 

Luhan spun around.

 

I don't see it. Where--”

 

I'm your present!” Luhan snapped, folding his arms across his chest, looking offended that Sehun didn't get his gesture. Cute.

 

Sehun held both of his hands out. “I don't believe you. Where is my real present?”

 

Luhan came over and sat in front of him, taking ahold of both his hands. He gave Sehun a peck on the lips. “I'm real aren't I?”

 

Unbelievable.”

 

Luhan grinned before kissing him again.

 

Not what I wanted to see Christmas morning,” Kai stated as he walked in. He sat down next to Sehun, yawning nonstop. Sehun ignored him while Luhan giggled. The older boy was about to grab a present from under the tree when Sehun took a hold of his waist to pull him back.

 

Not yet, Bambi. Wait till everyone gets down.”

 

What?”

 

We can't open presents until everyone is here,” Kai said. “It's one of our many rules.”

 

Luhan looked like he was on the verge of tears. “W-when does everybody get up?”

 

Kai shrugged. “It usually takes an hour or two for everybody to get down here.”

 

Luhan's eyes widen. “An hour or two?!”

 

Seeing the panic in his boyfriend's eyes, Sehun could already tell that this was going to be rough for him. He held onto one of Luhan's hands, hoping to calm the boy. “You'll survive,” he assured Luhan.

 

Luhan frowned, but nodded his head anyway. Kai and Sehun were keeping a close eye on him when Suho and Lay walked in hand in hand.

 

What's wrong with Luhan hyung?” Suho asked, eyeing the older one, who was fidgeting next to the gifts.

 

Oh nothing. Just having a mental breakdown,” Kai answered nonchalantly. Sehun gave him a quick shove before turning to his boyfriend.

 

Fine. You can open one gift,” Sehun told him, ignoring Kai's knowing smirk and his “You're so easy.”

 

Frankly, he was proud to be the reason behind Luhan's face lighting up. Luhan was never someone he could resist.

 

The older boy chose a small gold box from under the tree. Sehun had a feeling Luhan was one of those people who opened their gifts according to size. He chuckled at how delicately Luhan held the box – like it was precious.

 

To Luhan hyung. From Kai,” he read, grinning in the direction of the younger boy, who gave him a curt nod.

 

Luhan opened the box and “Awwww! Kai! A beanie! Thanks!”

 

He scooted over to give Kai a quick hug before putting on his new beanie. It was navy blue with a big white pom pom on top. Luhan looked even younger wearing it (if that was possible). After opening Kai's gift, Luhan seemed to be feeling a bit better about the whole situation. He patiently sat next to Sehun, who kept touching his white pom pom, and waited for the others.

 

When Kyungsoo came in, eyes half closed, Luhan's eyes immediately darted towards the stockings. He was probably hoping that Kyungsoo would suggest they eat the candies in the stockings while they wait – he was left disappointed. The younger boy merely flopped on the big couch, groaning about how he had to clean up after everyone last night.

 

Chen and Xiumin came in next, both looking tired, but cheery nonetheless. Tao came in looking like a mess, eye bags bigger than usual, but he had a huge grin on his face because if there was one thing Tao loved about Christmas, it was the presents (mainly new clothes). The remaining boys were Baekyeol and Kris. Sehun looked at Luhan through the corner of his eyes, and he could tell the older boy was mentally counting heads as they each came in. He also caught Luhan's frown when the boy realized that he was three late sleepers away from enjoying his Christmas morning.

 

Sehun found it strange that Baekyeol, the couple that breathes Christmas, was one of the last to wake up. Did something happen?

 

SORRY WE'RE LATE!” The couple singsonged as they entered with mussed hair and rumpled pajamas. Baekhyun had a rosy pink color on his cheeks, and Chanyeol was grinning wider than usual. Sehun rolled his eyes. Something did happen..

 

They went over to where Luhan was sitting. “Hey hyung.”

 

Luhan narrowed his eyes at them. “Why did it take you so long to get up??”

 

The pair exchanged quick glances before turning their heads to look away, faces looking slightly embarrassed.

 

Can't you tell hyung? They were busy giving each other presents,” Kai answered with a devilish smile. Baekhyun immediately glared at him while Chanyeol kept his eyes trained on the Christmas tree, though Sehun could sense the satisfied smirk threatening to show itself.

 

Luhan huffed. “Well, that was very rude of you. I had to wait here the whole time while you two gave each other presents?!”

 

Lu, that's not what Kai meant...” Sehun muttered. Luhan shot him a confused look before his eyes widen, and he understood.

 

I'm glad you had a good Christmas morning,” Luhan said accusingly.

 

Five minutes later and Kris still hadn't shown up. Sehun could tell that this was driving Luhan insane. He resisted the urge to laugh when he spotted Luhan's fingers edging towards the presents every now and then.

 

Finally, Luhan lost it.

 

This is ridiculous! I'm waking Kris up!” He stormed out of the living room. Everyone exchanged nervous glances because no one actually tried forcefully waking Kris up, except Tao, but even he doesn't wake Kris up on Christmas morning.

 

Sehun, you might need to go up there and save Luhan hyung,” Chen said.

 

Chanyeol shook his head. “Nah. Luhan hyung will make it out alive – unharmed.”

 

I bet 10 candy canes that Luhan hyung will fail and that we'll hear him screaming in a few seconds,” Chen boldly predicted.

 

Baekhyun smirked. “You're on. Twenty candy canes says that Luhan hyung will get Kris hyung to come downstairs.”

 

Sehun watched them shake hands, feeling slightly offended because they were betting on, essentially, his boyfriend's welfare. He chose not to join the bet, but he knew Luhan wasn't going to lose this one.

 

One minute later, Luhan ran into the room, looking ecstatic. “WE CAN OPEN PRESENTS NOW!” He dove right into the pile under the tree, arms flailing around as he threw gifts to their respective owners. Kris walked in a second later, face highly annoyed, but still he was there.

 

Chen groaned while Baekhyun beamed. “I win. Don't underestimate the power of Luhan.”

 

Everyone stared at Luhan in awe. The boy didn't notice though – he was too busy unwrapping his gifts from his spot between Sehun's legs.

 

Sehun unwrapped his gifts and like always he was happy with what his hyungs got him – minus Baekyeol's gift of course.

 

Xiumin had gotten him a video game, attached with it a cute note telling Sehun to play against him whenever he dared to. In return, Sehun had bought him a new pair of cleats because Xiumin loved playing soccer.

 

He got a red Christmas sweater from Suho, one that said “I Know My Face Says Otherwise, But I'm Quite Jolly.” Suho had actually gotten everyone Christmas sweaters, claiming that he got a discount for buying so many sweaters. Sehun got Suho a t-shirt that says “I'm Young With Back Problems. So What?”

 

Lay gave Sehun blue Beats headphone, which was something Sehun really wanted when he went to go buy Lay's gift – which was the same headphones, but in the color green.

 

Kai gave him a leather jacket with a card that reads, “Wear this whenever you want to look cool like me.” Sehun rolled his eyes and smiled in gratitude at the other boy. He had gotten Kai a pair of black and gold sneakers (Kai's favorite colors).

 

Tao had given him a wallet; inside of it was a gift card for the Disney store. Sehun knew he gave him that with Luhan in mind (I guess I'm taking Bambi shopping). Sehun shot Tao a quick grin, which the older boy responded with a smile, holding up Sehun's gift – a Visa gift card. Tao loved shopping, but his fashion sense was a bit strange unique, and since Sehun fails at picking clothes, he thought he should give the boy a gift card he could use anywhere he wanted.

 

Kris had gotten him a black hoodie that had red horns attached at the hood. Kris also bought Luhan a white hoodie with a halo attached to the hood. Sehun actually liked the thought of Luhan being the angel to his devil, though Luhan didn't seem too amused. He kept eyeing Sehun's hoodie with dislike. It must be an angel thing.

 

In Kris's case, everybody, except Tao, got him a small make-up bag. “Thanks for the make-up bags,” Kris said bitterly as he tossed them to the side, looking displeased at the gifts he got this year. The only gift he liked was the man purse that Tao got him. He called it a man bag, but Chanyeol and Chen insisted that it was a man purse.

 

Kyungsoo had gotten Sehun two weeks worth of baking lessons from a nearby cooking school. The card that came with the gift read, “Use these whenever you want to bake something for Luhan hyung.” It sounded innocent and genuine enough, but Sehun knew better. Kyungsoo was simply telling him that if he wanted to ever bake something, it better not be in his kitchen. Sehun admits that Kyungsoo is admiringly cunning. For Kyungsoo, Sehun got him a new set of silverware. The older boy's eyes widen in glee when he opened the box. He liked it so much, he ran over to give Sehun a quick hug. “Such a thoughtful maknae,” he cooed in Sehun's ear. Luhan's right eye twitched at the sight.

 

Chen's gift was surprisingly thoughtful – it was a small GPS tracking device. Sehun smiled when Chen, who was watching him open it, gave him two thumbs up. Chen had written, “In case you go anywhere with Luhan hyung and the chances of you two getting separated is high. Better yet – use this 24/7.”

 

Now for Baekyeol... He opened their gift last because he knew that it was going to be an embarrassing excuse for a gift (they have a knack for giving people such things). Sehun wasn't wrong.

 

Baekyeol had gifted him a set of purple furry handcuffs. “You're welcome,” Chanyeol whispered, wiggling his eyebrows, ignoring the scowl that formed on Sehun's face. Baekhyun came over and added, “We made sure that it'll fit Luhan hyung's wrists.”

 

Sehun wanted the ground to open up and swallow them.

 

Since that didn't happen, he settled for stuffing the offending handcuffs back in the black box it came in. He suddenly wished he hadn't gotten them that remote controlled helicopter. They were over the moon when they unwrapped his gift. Chanyeol immediately ran upstairs to get batteries for the remote control, and for the rest of the time, they took turns flying the helicopter. It would have been annoying, but thankfully, Sehun made sure he got the kind that made little to no noise.

 

In Luhan's case, Sehun noticed how he had two piles next to him – the good pile and the bad pile. It was entertaining to see his boyfriend sort through his gifts as such.

 

He got a soccer ball from Xiumin. It was supposedly a replacement for the one the older one had lost. [Good]

 

The sweater Luhan got from Suho was a yellow one with a cute pair of elves tugging on one candy cane. [Good]

 

Lay had gotten him a DBSK album, which Luhan spent two whole minutes squealing over. Sehun didn't even look to know which pile his boyfriend put the album in. [Good!]

 

Luhan opening Kyungsoo's gift was the most hilarious. As soon as his sparkling doe-eyes landed on the item, his face fell. His jaws dropped and his lighthearted Christmas mood turned dark for a split second. The older boy promptly shot Kyungsoo a deadly glare before tossing it immediately in the bad pile. It was a book titled, “How to Eat Healthy.” Sehun nearly died from containing his laughter. [BAD]

 

Sehun noticed that Luhan looked at Kris apologetically after he unwrapped Kris's angel hoodie, probably because he felt bad for waking Kris up. Sehun reminded himself that he needed to ask his boyfriend how he got Kris to wake up anyway. [Good]

 

Tao had gotten him a plush pillow in the shape of a cupcake. Even if Luhan kept the pillow on his lap as he unwrapped the rest of his presents, Sehun knew which pile it belonged to. [Good]

 

Out of all of his gifts, Sehun found Chen's gift to be the best. Chen gave Luhan a t-shirt that said, “If Found Please Contact ------.” Best part was the fact that he had Sehun's phone number printed on the shirt. Luhan, recognizing Sehun's number, wrinkled his brow in disapproval (clearly thinking that he was too old to get lost in the first place). Luhan had placed it right on top of Kyungsoo's book, but Sehun picked it up and told him, “You might need it in the future. Besides, it's a good color on you.” Luhan, apparently swayed by Sehun's words, eventually placed it in the good pile. [Bad –> Good]

 

Baekyeol had given their best friend and fellow Christmas lover a DVD containing embarrassing footage of Sehun (clips that they have collected over the years since they've known Sehun). He had tried wrestling it out of Luhan's grip, but the boy was unyielding. In the end, Sehun gave up and merely groaned as Luhan showed everyone the disc. Baekyeol had came over to discuss the contents of the DVD – giving Luhan tips on which clip he should watch first because apparently they labeled them. Sehun stared at the trio, defeated. [GOOD]

 

Luhan had gifted everyone one-piece animal pajamas:

 

Tao – Panda

Kris – Red Dragon

Chen – Chicken

Xiumin – Rabbit

Suho – Bear

Lay – Unicorn

Kai – Tiger

Kyungsoo – Owl

Baekhyun – Flying Squirrel

Chanyeol – Giraffe

Sehun – Penguin

 

Luhan had demanded that they all wear it for a group photo. Some of them were happy to do it, appreciating Luhan's gift, while others (Sehun, Kris, Lay, and Chen) thought they looked ridiculous, but still wore it anyway to please the boy. Before the photo, Luhan ran upstairs and came back down wearing his own pair – a deer. Sehun laughed at how perfect that image was.

 

When they were done, Kyungsoo gave them the okay to take down their stockings and have a look inside. Sehun was nearly pushed aside as Luhan made a beeline for the stockings; grabbing his own with such nimble fingers, Sehun didn't even see how he got it off the mantle. Interestingly enough, Luhan's stocking was the fullest, so it made sense that the older boy was extremely thrilled to be able to finally eat whatever was inside.

 

He stuck his hand inside and instead of candies and cookies, all he got was –

 

Vitamins?!?!” Luhan shrieked, face in total disbelief. He spun around to face Kyungsoo. “Everyone else got vitamins too right??”

 

Uhhhh.” Kyungsoo's terrified eyes darted around, hoping to get help from any of the others, but sadly none came.

 

They all knew better – never get in the way of Luhan and his sweets.

 

Luhan looked around at the other boys dumping the contents of their stockings – revealing candies and sugary treats.

 

The older boy squeezed his eyes shut for second before taking a deep breath. He calmly said, “You gave me vitamins.”

 

The way he said it made it seemed as though he was trying to get himself to grasp the fact that yes, Kyungsoo had stuffed his stocking not with delicious sweets, but with bottles of vitamins.

 

Kyungsoo stood rooted to the spot, too afraid to move. Sehun could tell that he was seriously regretting his decision.

 

Feeling bad for Kyungsoo, Sehun placed his arms around Luhan's shoulder and offered, “You can have mine.”

 

Luhan looked at Sehun's candy-filled stocking for a moment before sighing. “No. It's fine. Kyungsoo made it for you, so you should eat it.”

 

He turned to Kyungsoo. “I'm sorry for freaking out. I know you were just looking out for me. Sorry.” He gave the boy a small smile. “V-vitamins are......fine. Thanks.”

 

Kyungsoo gulped, face looking like he dodged a bullet.

 

When Luhan walked away, with slump shoulders, to go take more pictures, Kai rushed to Kyungsoo's side and took a hold of his arm (in case his knees wobbled).

 

Hyung, are you okay?” Sehun asked.

 

I'm. I'm..”

 

Stupid for pulling a stunt like that,” Chen completed, shaking his head. The others nodded in agreement.

 

How could you possibly think that giving Luhan hyung vitamins for Christmas is a good idea?” Kai asked.

 

Kyungsoo swallowed. “Lesson learned.”

 

Kyungsoo spent the rest of the morning making it up to Luhan. He offered to bake the older boy a cake of his choice, but Luhan refused, saying that he was fine. Kyungsoo apologized for giving him vitamins, and Luhan apologized for scaring him. The two ended up sharing some of the cookies that were left over from last night. Sehun thought it was cute how they solved their problem by eating cookies.

 

By noon, half of the boys left to spend the rest of the day with their families. Kris, Lay, Tao, and Luhan stayed home because their families weren't in Korea, while Suho and Sehun stayed because they didn't want to spend Christmas without their other half. Sehun's aunt had actually called him a week earlier, asking him if he wanted to come over for Christmas, but he had declined because he didn't want to leave Luhan.

 

Also, Sehun didn't think it was a good idea to bring Luhan over for dinner because.....they didn't even know about his relationship with Luhan. He hasn't told them. As bad as he feels for keeping them in the dark about his life, Sehun feels even worse at the knowledge that Luhan's mother and stepfather knows about their relationship, and they have accepted Sehun, while Luhan hasn't even met his aunt and uncle. He swore that one day, he will tell them about Luhan, just not today.

 

Sehun-ah,” Luhan called from their room.

 

Yeah?” Sehun entered the room to find Luhan sitting on the floor. He raised his eyebrow, curious as to why his boyfriend was on the floor.

 

Sit here.” Luhan patted the spot next to him. Sehun sat down, noticing the smile on Luhan's face as he did so.

 

What's going on?”

 

Close your eyes.”

 

What?”

 

Close your eyes.”

 

Why?”

 

Just do it.”

 

Fine.” Sehun closed his eyes. He heard Luhan pull something out.

 

Open them.”

 

Sehun opened his eyes and whoaa.

 

What is it?” Sehun asked, eyeing the huge wrapped box in front of him with intrigue.

 

Your present.” Luhan grinned. “Open it.”

 

Sehun hesitantly tore the wrapping paper and opened the lid of the box – inside it was a black case in a shape of a guitar.

 

You got me a guitar?!?!”

 

Luhan nodded. “Uh huh. Hope you like it.”

 

Sehun ped the black case and sure enough, there was a shiny black acoustic guitar inside. “Wow.” Sehun took it out of the case and admired the craftsmanship. It was a beautiful guitar – a limited edition.

 

How did you--”

 

I saw you circling it when you were flipping through your instrument catalog. I figured that you wanted to buy one of your own, even though you have your father's old guitar.” Luhan's gaze traveled over to the black leather guitar case that was leaning against the wall, next to Sehun's keyboard.

 

Wow,” Sehun repeats because Luhan had rendered him incapable of saying anything but that.

 

Luhan giggled. “You like it?”

 

Of course!”

 

Good because I went through a lot to get it.”

 

Sehun examined the guitar once more, and this time he noticed tiny white cursive writing at the bottom edge of the guitar. The words – Oh Sehun.

 

Sehun snapped his head up to look Luhan. “It's...It's....my name.”

 

Luhan laughed. “Of course it's your name. Whose name would be on there?”

 

Wow.”

 

I know you really wanted to play the guitar when you found out about your dad, but you couldn't bring yourself to actually play his old one. But now that I got you this, you can finally play.” Luhan squeezed his hand. “I hope you write amazing songs with it.”

 

Sehun's eyes move from the beautiful guitar to the beautiful boy in front of him. He didn't expect this at all. He assumed that his penguin pajamas was his gift from Luhan, but with this brand new guitar in his hands –

 

Wow.”

 

Sehun-ah, you have to say something else besides wow.”

 

With one hand, Sehun gently brought Luhan's face closer to his. “I love you,” he said before pressing their lips together.

 

They stayed that way for a minute, simply melting each other. And Sehun loves it.

 

Well, that's better than wow,” Luhan admitted after they part. “A lot better.”

 

Sehun grinned. “Thanks. I love it.” He gestured towards the guitar.

 

Luhan smiled. “I'm glad.”

 

Makes my present for you look like crap.”

 

Luhan giggled. “I'm sure it's not crap.” He held out his hands, copying Sehun's gesture from this morning. “Where is it?”

 

Sehun placed the guitar down, and went to the closet to get his gift for Luhan. He gave it to Luhan, who tore off the wrapping paper like an expert.

 

I wonder what it is!” Luhan opened the box and pulled out the –

 

Sleeping bag?” He arched his eyebrow. “You gave me a sleeping bag?”

 

Not just any sleeping bag. A two-person sleeping bag. See?” Sehun laid the sleeping bag out on the floor to show Luhan what made it different from his former sleeping bag. “We can use it whenever we go camping.”

 

And who would want to share a sleeping bag with you?” Luhan teased.

 

Don't come crawling into mine then if you get lonely in your single one.”

 

I'm just playing.” Luhan pinched Sehun's cheeks, smiling at how Sehun didn't swat his hand away. He looked down at the bag again. “I like it. Looks more comfortable than having to squeeze into one that was made for one person.”

 

Look inside.”

 

Inside?” Luhan ped the top part of the bag and slid his hand in. His hand instantly made contact with something else that Sehun had hid inside the bag.

 

It was another gift box – a smaller one. “What's this?”

 

Open it. Duh.”

 

What could it – A CAMERA!?!?!?”

 

Luhan stared wide-eyed at the object in his hand. It was the new Nikon model that he wanted. “Wow. How did you--”

 

Sehun smirked. “I saw you looking at it online.”

 

Wow.”

 

You like it?”

 

Of course!”

 

Sehun laughed. “I'm glad.”

 

Wow.”

 

You're going to have to say more than just wow.”

 

Luhan jumped on Sehun. “I love you too,” Luhan professed before pressing their lips together. Both of them smiling into the kiss.

 

Merry Christmas Bambi.”

 

Luhan the camera and held it in front of them. He pressed down on the shutter button and flash.

 

A picture of our first Christmas together,” Luhan said when Sehun had looked at him weird.

 

I think you need to take it again.”

 

Why?”

 

Because it doesn't have a memory card in it. I forgot to buy you a new one.”

 

Sehun-ahhhh.”

 

 

 

~~~~~~ AHHHHH. THE PRESENTS!! LOL. I didn't proofread this yet, so I will edit it later when I wake it up. Hope you enjoyed it! Also there was a tiny mentioning of Sehun's family - a little foreshadowing of the problems ahead. Hahhaa. I might add more to this chapter later. I don't know yet. Favorite parts - Chen's gift to Hunhan, Baekyeol's gift to Hunhan, everybody trolling Kris with the makeup bags, and Lulu's good vs bad pile (LOL Kyungsoo and his "How to Eat Healthy" Book and vitamins!) 

 

Animal pajamas that Luhan got them looks like the ones Shinee are wearing in this pic-

 

And Sehun's gift to Luhan, the 2-person sleeping bag looks like this - Hahhahaaa

 

THANKS FOR READING!!