Being Rude

One Request for Another

 

                 From that day onwards, every weekends, YoungMin visits the café which were, for Seul, pestering. Even when school days...

Seul: Eomma, I’m home!

                Seul entered their house and passed by the living room where her parents were sitting with someone who seemed like visitors.

Mrs. Shin: Oh, Seul! Greet our visitor here.

                Seul stopped at her tracks and bowed to her parent’s visitor’s direction.

Seul: Annyeong haseyo.

                When she raised her head, she was shocked to see a face ever so annoying.

Seul: YoungMin! What are you doing here?!

YoungMin: Hi Seul~ah!

Mr. Shin: Seul, that’s not the proper way of greeting a visitor.

Seul: Mianhae Eomma, Mianhae Appa and...

                Seul made an annoyed face to herself.

Seul: Mianhae.

                Seul just bowed to YoungMin’s direction.

Seul: I’ll change now Eomma, Appa

Mrs. Shin: Hurry back and when I mean hurry, it means itself.

                Seul sensed truth in her mother’s words so she hurriedly changed and she hurried herself down to join her parents and their visitor, only to see her parents dressed and were about to leave.

Seul: Eomma, Appa, where are you going?

Mr. Shin: Hate to leave you Seul, but your mother here forgot her meeting with some past friends...

Mrs. Shin: The term’s reunion, okay? Seul just stay with him for a while. Just attend to him until he goes home. He says he wants to talk to you.

Seul: But—!

Mr. Shin: YoungMin-sshi, don’t stay late here. I left Seul with you here because I trust you, arasseo?

YoungMin: Ye. Kamsahabnida.

                Seul’s parents went out leaving YoungMin and Seul alone together. They sat there not talking for almost 5 minutes.

YoungMin: You’re not talking?

Seul: I just wanted to make sure that we are out of my parents’ hearing field.

YoungMin: What does that mean?

Seul: I'll ask you, what potion did you use to them? Trust you? That fast? That’s absurd!

YoungMin: Well, charisma’s all I have and that’s all I need.

Seul: Ha! Charisma? Maybe you’ve got the wrong noun there, haven’t you? Here, I think you’ve been looking for ‘air’. You’re so confident of your ‘charisma’ thing that air has already entered your being. Get out of here before your air form a low pressure area and destroy everything.

YoungMin: But—

Seul: I said out!

                They started for the door. When YoungMin was out, Seul held the door open.

YoungMin: I’m not easily shooed.

Seul: Whatever!

                Seul slammed the door shut in front of YoungMin. Seul leaned on the closed door and stayed there until her heart’s pace slowed and got back to normal.

                It was Saturday when the doorbell rang. Seul opened the door.

There was a bunch of white roses- a big bunch. Seul was amazed by the bouquet’s size and was happy to see it was her favorite flowers. The flowers moved and revealed YoungMin. Her expression changed, it became the opposite.

Seul: What are you doing here?

YoungMin: I told you I’m not easily shooed like a dog.

Seul: Fine. Anything else? Nothing? Bye.

She slammed the door but it just bounced.

YoungMin: At least accept these?

Seul let her eyes feast on the variety of chocolates held for her and wanted to give in since she really loves chocolates.

YoungMin: Please?

Seul: I wo—

Mrs. Shin: Seul, who’s there?

Before she could tell a lie, Mrs. Shin was already behind her to see who their visitor was.

Mrs. Shin: Oh, YoungMin-sshi! Come in.

YoungMin looked at Seul’s direction then shrugged, smiling. He walked pass Seul, silently rejoicing for his ‘victory’.

Mrs. Shin: Are those for Seul?

YoungMin: Ne, but she doesn’t like to accept it.

Mrs. Shin: She’s just being shy. She really loves chocolates and you shouldn’t have chosen better, that’s her favorite flowers, long-stemmed white roses, right? Just put them on the table. Give me the flowers; I’ll put them in water so they’ll not wither.

YoungMin did what was said. Seul was forced to be alone with YoungMin in the living room with Mrs. Shin as a security guard mother. Seul shared a somehow honest and cool conversation with YoungMin.

YoungMin: Do I have a chance to be your boyfriend?

Seul: No.

YoungMin: I won’t give up on you.

Seul: Please do. I don’t have the intention to accept any courting from anyone as of the moment. Get out of my life!

YoungMin: I won’t give up.

YoungMin stood up and said goodbyes to Seul’s parents, telling them he still has assignments to do. When YoungMin was already out, Seul got the chocolates and a flower and brought it to her room.

 

 

---------------

btw, here's my promise!

such lame chapter!!!

comment and subscribe!just keep reading...i'll update ASAP