Getting to know each other

Dancing Among Wolves

 

 I’ve only been at this house for a week and I’m exhausted. The fact that they are also werewolves isn’t the only reason why I felt drawn to them at the battle. Two of them happen to be my mates yes two mates it is rare when it happens but it is possible for a werewolf to have more than one mate. And I’m not stupid either, I know that’s the reason I’m stuck here until my ankle heals.

 You might think that once one finds their mate that boom they’re automatically together. Even with the excruciatingly strong attraction that is not how things work even though you’re obviously going to end up with that person it takes time, kind of like a dating period.

It’s only been a week so we are still a bit awkward around each other. And the others…  oh boy the others they love pushing their buttons by hugging me and other things especially Kyuhyun, Henry, Kibum and Heechul even though Heechul’s mate is Hangeng he is still able to set them off. I think that it’s rather funny at times. Only a week and this place already feels like a second home not to mention that everyone trolls each other almost as hard as my own family does.

I am currently hiding out in my room listening to music on my laptop while doing handstand pushups against the wall, which is fine as long as when I come down that I land on my good foot and not the bad one. I figured that while my ankle is out of commission that I’m not going to let it hold me back from everything. So I’m working on strengthening my arms so that I’ll be able to at least climb if anything.

There was a knock on the door ‘!’ I dropped out of the stand as fast as I could without hurting my self and pulled my laptop towards me. Eunhyuk and Zhou Mi walked in, they always seem to be together even when I’m not around. Apparently they were like that even before I came into the picture; always hanging out with each other.

They sat on the bed “What’s up guys?”

“Why are you sweating?” Zhou Mi asked.

“Oh am I?” I asked back feigning innocence even though what I had been doing wasn’t anything bad.

Eunhyuk stood up and felt my forehead “You feeling alright?”

“Yes I’m fine, you guys should be able to sense that a little bit.” They both gave me a look “Alright I was kind of working out… but! I made sure to stay off of my foot so its okay.”

They both sighed in relief “Just be careful alright?”

We talked for a bit more before Heechul poked his head in the door “Why are you guys so boring?”

“What did you expect? We’re still getting to know each other” Zhou Mi told him. I watched as Heechul’s eyes flickered to something in the hallway and then he smirked.

“Hey Sai, come here for a second will ya?” I studied his face a bit more before shaking my head no. He pleaded some more and I gave in even though I knew it couldn’t be anything good.  It wasn’t. As soon as I reached the door he pulled me into a hug along with someone else, then they both kissed my cheeks and my eyes opened wide in shock.

Next thing I knew a blur shot out the door chasing after Heechul and Kyuhyun who were running laughing down the hall. I was about to turn back to my room when I felt fingers under my chin making me look into Zhou Mi’s eyes. He kissed my temple before heading in the direction of the chaos.

This is how it’s been all week. Eunhyuk seems to be the one who jumps first but occasionally it’ll be Zhou Mi. That little show just now seems to be the breaking point for the day.

A few hours later I headed to the living room thinking I’d watch some TV or something with whoever was out there. Surprisingly no one was there so I decided to put in a scary movie. I love scary movies. Back home unless watched as a group I have a tendency to watch them in my room because one of the only times that I’m easily scared is during a scary movie and they know that and love to play pranks if they know I’m watching one on my own.

It’s not the movies that scare me it’s that I get so immersed into them that I let my guard down. The movie was just about done when…  “Would you like some milk?” making me jump and yelp.

By the way I don’t scream which is part of why my brothers love pulling pranks when I watch scary movies; it’s pretty much a competition to see who can make me scream in fright.

I turned to the voice to see it was Eunhyuk “Didn’t mean to scare ya, here” he handed me a glass of milk.

“No thanks.”

“There’s also strawberry would you like that instead?”

 I shook my head no and told him I couldn’t drink milk. “However I do like strawberries do we have any?”

“I don’t think so” he said thinking “Although we do have juice would you like some?”

 “Sure” I turned back to the movie and screamed. I wasn’t expecting to see Zhou Mi sitting in front of me.

He was about to apologize when I burst out laughing, to think of all the things my brothers had tried and that is what scared me. Eunhyuk rushed out of the kitchen “What happened?!”

“Nothing” I said wiping tears off my face. He handed me the glass of juice and I explained to them why I laughed so hard. “So please do me a favor and never tell my brothers what just happened.”

 “No problem” they said.

“So where is everyone?”

“Apparently they all went out to eat. Can you say set up?” Zhou Mi said.

We decided to do a movie night since the others weren’t here. Zhou Mi sat next to me on the couch and I yawned. He patted his lap and I laid down. Eunhyuk who was sitting on the floor in front of us draped my arm over his shoulder and played with my hand. It was strangely comforting and I fell asleep.