Complementary Differences - Chapter 33

Complementary Differences

Kibum strolled in casually with Soohyun and Dongho behind him, eyes instantly looking for Kevin. Kiseop gave him a glance before silently leaving.

As the two walked past each other, a thick tension sunk between their bodies, both unwilling to let the other pass.

“Kibummie-hyung…” Kevin bit his lower lip, hastily moving to Kibum and tugging him over. “I’ll show you this cool thing our teacher taught us in lesson just now!”

Kiseop left the room quietly, turning back as he reached the door.

Kibum glared at the man, just waiting for him to make a move. If he dared.

“See you tomorrow, Xander-hyung. Bye, Eli.” Kiseop made a half turn once more, taking another step forward.

“Bye, Kiseop!” Kevin nervously said, ignoring Kibum’s glare on him.

Kiseop smiled faintly. “Bye.”

“Kevin.” Kibum twitched, instantly disliking that Kevin actually said something to someone who obviously pisses him off. “You-”

“Hyung.” Kevin cut in quickly. “Can’t you tell? He knew you were here so he didn’t want to say goodbye to me. Stop being so petty, we’re just friends.”

“He-”

Kevin looked around quickly, noticing most students already left the class. Leaning in quickly, he pressed a kiss on Kibum’s lips and scrunched up his nose. “Am I not yours, already?”

Kibum chuckled, nodding. “Fine, fine.”

Eli and Alexander looked at each other, shrugging. “Let’s go then.”

-

“And here’s my family’s shop!” Alexander beamed, spinning a round in front of the shop entrance and giddily falling to a side. Eli swiftly caught the older by his waist, causing Kevin to squeal and hide his face against Kibum’s chest.

Soohyun, Dongho and Kibum looked curiously from Kevin to Eli to Alexander, wondering if there was something they were not getting.

“Alexander?” Alexander’s father walked out and smiled at the crowd, before searching for his son. “Wow, what a pose.”

Alexander blushed furiously, quickly trying to get up but realising he didn’t really have the strength to. Eli calmly helped Alexander back up to his standing position, awkwardly bowing to Alexander’s father.

The rest quickly followed suite. “Hello, uncle.”

“Welcome, welcome.” The man smiled, gesturing for the six to enter. As Dongho passed the old man, they excitedly shook hands. “You’re the cute boy!”

“You’re the nice uncle!” Dongho giggled.

“I’ve some nice bread for you today, too.” Alexander’s father kindly laughed, gesturing for Dongho to enter the shop first.

-

“What do we do first, Alexander?” Alexander’s dad smiled. “They’re all your friends, so why don’t you take over? I’ll just watch from the side.”

Alexander nervously nodded, moving to the opposite table in the kitchen that could be seen by customers outside. His mother was at the cashier, smiling at him idly when no customers were paying for their bread.

“Um. You wash your hands first.” The room erupted in laughter, while Alexander pouted and sadly looked at his father. “Hygiene is important!”

“We’re just laughing at you being cute.” Eli smiled, and Kevin squeaked once more, clinging onto Kibum’s arm.

Alexander blushed, looking at the ingredients intently. “Thanks…”

“What?” Kibum looked at Kevin weirdly, and the younger quickly shook his head, saying he was going to wash his hands. “I’ll go with you.”

Kevin nodded secretively, as if telling Kibum he would share the secret at the sink.

Dongho and Soohyun blinked at each other, before deciding they should follow too.

“Seems like the sink there would be crowded. Alexander, bring your friend to the other sink.”

Alexander obediently nodded, beckoning for Eli to follow him.

-

“…so add a teaspoon of casted sugar and yeast, and salt according to how you’d like your bread to be. I like to add half a tablespoon, but you could always do something else.” Alexander explained as he demonstrated what he added. The five other boys busily imitated his actions, with Dongho being the obviously more experienced one of them five.

“Kevin, you’re a mess.” Kibum laughed, cheekily taking some excess flour and tapping Kevin’s nose.

The younger gave a sad face, wanting to take revenge when Alexander cleared his throat. “No playing in the kitchen. How you treat your food is how it’ll treat you, if you treat it like a joke, it’d taste like a joke.”

“What does that mean?” Dongho nudged Soohyun, not really getting what the baker meant.

“It means the bread will taste funny.” Soohyun smiled, laughing when Dongho giggled.

Kibum shrugged, cheekily kissing Kevin’s cheek just to make him flustered in front of Alexander’s father. The younger elbowed Kibum with a pout, giggling when Kibum was singled out by Alexander.

“Kim Kibum. If you’re going to fool around then you come stand next to me.” Alexander said sternly.

“Eli would like that.” Kibum shot back confidently, watching Alexander avert his eyes instantly. “Tch.”

“Make a circle like shape in the middle of the bowl, so that you make some sort of well to pour 425ml of water in. After that, you start kneading the dough. Push and pull the dough this way.” Alexander continued, doing a slow demonstration as he pressed the dough with the heel of his hand and pushed it away from him, while his other hand pulled the dough towards him, stretching the dough. “Bring it back to the middle, turn the dough, repeat. Try it yourself.”

Kevin bit his lip in concentration as he tried to mimick Alexander’s previous actions. Dongho confidently kneaded the dough till he was satisfied, giggling at the mess Soohyun was with the dough looking like some sort of pillow or something.

“I’ll help you.” Dongho held onto the lower part of the dough and told Soohyun to slowly stretch the same dough. After three more tries, Soohyun got the hang of it but insisted on Dongho teaching him. Secretly, Soohyun put an arm around Dongho’s form and held onto the bottom part of the dough instead, letting Dongho knead the top part, giving the younger a half hug.

Alexander’s father nodded with an understanding smile, leaving the kitchen in Alexander’s hands.

“You scared him away!” Dongho laughed.

“Mm, I don’t care.” Soohyun smiled, leaning his chin on Dongho’s shoulder as he saw the younger work.

“You’re so bad at this.” Kibum sighed, watching his own dough disdainfully and then changing his focus to Kevin. “It looks like it’d be inedible.

Kevin sulked, kicking Kibum’s calves and pouting more dramatically. “I’m very sad right now.”

Kibum sighed, taking Kevin’s dough and pressing it on top of his own. Kneading the dough his own way, just because he liked it, he pull random parts of the dough and pressed it back to the centre, repeating the process till the dough looked vaguely like the one Alexander made, and then splitting the dough back into half.

“There.” Kibum mildly stated, blinking when Kevin jumped up on him, hugging him tightly. “Woah, what?”

Kevin shook his head, still beaming brightly. “Nothing, it’s just that you’re so amazing.”

Kibum turned to Kevin as the younger pulled away, and just right then, Kibum couldn’t resist the urge to kiss Kevin once more. Coiling his arm around Kevin’s waist without his hands dirtying Kevin’s uniform, he pressed the younger closer against him, tongue easily slipping between Kevin’s lips into his mouth.

“You both!” Alexander growled, looking at their dough and then pressing down on it to test it. Kevin gently pushed Kibum away, blushing, looking at Alexander half-guiltily. When the dough ended up being fine, somehow, the baker kept quiet and walked away.

“Tch.” Kibum rolled his eyes, while Kevin looked intently at Alexander who was about to check Eli’s dough.

“It’s not like that.” Alexander quietly said, pointing at the spot Eli should have put his hand on. When Eli shifted his hand and stretched the dough once more, Alexander shook his head.

“Teach me.” Eli said, half desperately.

Alexander nodded hesitantly, holding onto Eli’s hands and shifting them to the right position. Pressing down on both Eli’s hands and doing the usual action for the younger boy, the dough stretched evenly apart. Alexander repeated the action twice and asked Eli to try it himself.

“I got it!” Eli grinned, face slightly falling when he realised Alexander didn’t look back at him.

He didn’t realise the older was too busily blushing away.

-

Today is the first day of exams and before the stress builds up way too high, I decided to update! :D
Thank you to the 11 commentors who commented this time round! I know the story isn't very interesting right now since it's just fluff, but well, I like fluff! :3
Haha, but still thank you for staying with me! This story might end at about 40++ chapters so just bear with me for that long while more! You'll have a new story by the end of this, I hope lololol.