Lies

Catch Me

 

Lies

 

 

That afternoon , Park Hana the ‘ex’ bestfriend calls me ,saying about reunion of our high schools. I close my laptop and go out from the office .

“Why did bother to call me ? I did met her several times but why she called now!” I thought as I walked to my car .

As soon as I arrived at the coffee shop , I spotted them and Park Hana were talking loudly ,laughing crazily . I waved to them and took my sit beside her. She looked at me straight in the eyes.

“Ya! When are you going to get a boyfriend? I heard you’ve been blind date and got rejected. Pity you ..” she patted my back . I could feel that my temper was getting high and enough to scream at her but I remain calm.
“Ani ... I’m married already .” A wide smile plasters itself over myself claiming my victory over her.

“I don’t believe you . Park Hana , who will be your husband ? You didn’t invite me to your wedding. Are you sure ?”

“Yes! And he treated me nicely ..” my hands began to sweat as my lies grew itself without thinking any risk.

“And who is that?” says Park Hana knowing her friend’s lie.

I got random magazine ,flip to entertainment section and showed his face . “ THIS!”

I gulped , when I mistakenly lies that I’m married to Jung Yunho, a singer from TVXQ group ,performed as duo now.

“You have got to be kidding me ? See guys , Kim Yaya even know how to lie . She even said that her bias from TVXQ ,was her husband. Yaya ahh~ Back TO REALITY.” Park Hana chuckling so did the others.

I took all my courage and said , “ Something wrong with that ? He is my husband . He really is.” I took my handbag and walked away before I get a lot of questions from . I felt like rapping and scratching so that she can’t talk anymore. I glanced at them and drove my car off.

 

 

 

So anyway , I went to Hongdae because I knew they were having sale and its autumn seasons which is I like the most. It’s a habit , itemizing all the clothes I’m wearing as though for a fashion page. I parked my car and stopped in front of shop window gazing at myself , thinking I look pretty good when suddenly my eyes focus and snap to attention and my heart stops. In the window of Denny and George is a gorgeous man on Earth . It’s him , Jung Yunho . I stared at him , my heart thumping hard . It can’t be true. He is in the shop .I thought they never exposed himself infront of people. People may recognise him , wait I am recognise him.  I looked around the shop. Oh it him and the shop assistant only ? where’s the cordi noona? No ?? Ahh!! My chance !

I swallow and take a couple of steps forward to go near him but instead of doing that , I pretend that I’m checking on green scarf , I feel the materials of the scarf and wanted to buy it. It was shimmering grey-blue scarf from the pile. It’s made of silky velvet,overprinted in a paler blue and dotted with iridescent beads.  Totally forgot about Jung Yunho who was still in the shop . I grabbed it and put on the counter.

 There is no question . I have to take this scarf . It makes my eyes look bigger , it makes my haircut look expensive and different person.

Involuntarily , I clutch at it.

“I’ll have it,” I gasp. I take out my purse , open it up and reach for my VISA card in one seamless, automatic action ....and then , with a sickening thud, I remember the VISA was on my desk. How could I be so stupid?

“How would you pay?” the cashier says pleasantly.

My face flames red.

“Can you hold it for me?” the girl looks dubious.

“For how long?”

“Until tomorrow?” I say desperately . Oh god. She’s pulling a face . doesn’t she understand?

“I’m afraid not” she says.

I sigh thinking other strategies I can pursue her .

“I’ll pay for her.” I look at the tall man besides me , took out his cash. Almost choked on my saliva. It’s Jung Yunho , staring straight at me as if he knows exactly what I’m thinking.