From Me To You

From Me to You

Tao x Xiumin slash. Yeah, first fic so R&R so I can get better or whatever....

 

It wasn’t anything special. Just a single flower, its violet petals already wilting from the lack of water. Nevertheless, Tao had hoped that the small item would contain all the thanks and appreciation he held for the older member. He lightly brushed his knuckles against his dorm door, which wasn’t really necessary considering it was his room, but his palms were sweating in nervousness and he hoped that the small amount of pause would grant him some relief.

 

Xiumin's soft voice rang out a "come in" as he lay on his stomach, browsing through a magazine. A smile graced his face as he looked up at the fidgeting Tao from the bed.

 

"You didn't have to knock, you know” he laughed, sitting up and resting his weight on the back of his wrists. "It's your room too".

 

The taller male just laughed awkwardly, squeezing the fragrant flower behind his back tightly. "I got you something ge", he smiled.

 

Xiumin just cocked his head to the side, confused. Tao quickly brought the flower from behind him, almost smacking the brunette in the face with it.

 

"For you", he mumbled shyly.

 

Xiumins's face lit up like a balloon, his eyes shining with joy.

 

"Wow, thanks, I rea-ah ah ACHOO~"

 

Xiumin's loud sneeze surprised Tao, making him jump back along with the now snot covered flower. Xiumin then broke out into a fit of coughs, covering his mouth with his shirt. He raced out of the room, brushing past Tao, leaving him alone in the room. Tao could hear the older's coughing coming from the bathroom so he quickly followed worried for his friend.

 

"Gege, what's wrong?” he asked, reaching to rub comfortably on Xiumin's back. The other boy just shook his hand off, batting him out of the bathroom.

 

"I'm-cough-cough all-cough-ergic" he managed to squeeze out between his hacking.

 

Tao frowned sadly from behind the closed bathroom door. He could hear Xiumin rummaging through the cabinet, searching for his pills. Once he had regained his normal breathing, Xiumin emerged from the bathroom. He patted Tao on the shoulder with apology.

 

"Sorry, but I don't mix well with pollen", he shrugged, walking back to the room to continue were he left off.

 

Tao wanted to cry, his plan had failed miserably and Xiumin didn't even seem to care.

 

With a pout, Tao cracked open his room door.

 

"Xiumin~", he whined childishly.

 

"Whaaat?" the other answered absent-mindedly, flipping through the pages of his magazine once more.

 

"Did you not like it; the flower?" the dark eyed member asked, his voice trembling and quiet like a mouse.

 

"Hm? No, I liked it. It was nice"

 

The answer was flat and despondent. Tao was upset; disappointment was boiling in the pit of his stomach. He had put so much thought into picking the right flower, hell, it took him a couple days to get the courage to give it to him. But now? Now he felt it was a waste of time and that Xiumin wasn't even getting the whole message behind the plant. If objects couldn't get his feelings across, then words would have to suffice.

 

"Hey", he shook Xiumin's shoulder, wanting his whole attention. Said boy looked at him, his eyes blinking, long lashes sweeping across pink cheeks.

 

Tao thought about all the words he wanted to say. About how Xiumin was so talented at singing and dancing. About how cute and attractive he was. About how he helped him to learn and get even better. There were so many things he wanted to say but didn't know how to get them across with their language boundary.

 

"Thank you"

 

It was enough for him. Xiumin's cheeks lit up, a smile spreading across his face. With an arm slung over Tao's shoulder, Xiumin knocked their heads together. The intimate gesture made warmth grow in Tao's stomach and he found himself smiling along with the other boy.

 

It was worth the trouble, he thought to himself.