Crazy Unni

Back and Forth in Time

 

Unni has always been smart and perfect at everything. Unlike me, hopeless and lazy. Life is a drag for me. Everything is gray.

I sigh and threw myself onto my bed, landing face first.

I haven't been content with my life recently. Everything seemed to be going wrong! My boyfriend broke up with me for a ......let's not go there...and my best friend hasn't spoken to me for about two days now. Life was just wonderful.

WHiZZZWHIZZ ZOOOOMMMCLANKBOOMCLASHBANGbeepbeepbeep--------  -- -  - 

.....what did Unni do now? Haven’t I mentioned? Unni is a secret inventor. Whoops not so secret anymore I guess. But anyways, she invented tons of weird crap like paper grinders----seriously, a shredder is enough okay? Paper trash does not have to be grinded to sand.

I did my best to push horrible memories out of my mind, like the time when she shredded my 4000-word essay to ashes.

 

-----FLASHBACK------

I knelt on the ground as I struggled to hold back tears letting the paper grains run though my fingers.

“Geez, how was I supposed to know that scrap piece of paper was your final English essay worth 50% of your overall grades that’s due tomorrow? I just wanted to try out my new invention.” Unni rolled her eyes.

I didn’t sleep that night.

----END OF FLASHBACK-----

 

 

I decided to see what that crazy woman is up to and went downstairs to the basement.  As I opened the door, I gaped at the sight.

“UNNI!!!”  I yelled.

 

 

The basement was a mess, mechanics was everywhere and the air smelled like burnt toast.

Jaehyun-unni emerged from the mess.

“EunChae-ah, what's up?"

“ARE YOU NUTS!!!?WHAT DID YOU DO TO THIS PLACE?!” I continued yelling at her.

“Look at what I made!”  She grinned, ignoring my outburst.

She held up a small delicate antique pocket watch.

“That’s a nice clock, but I think you made a mistake because it’s 4 in the afternoon not 7!. And why’s there so many extra pointers in that?”

“This isn’t just any ordinary pocket watch.” She rolled her eyes and leaned closer to whisper:

 

 

“It’s a time machine.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a short intro, any feedback? :)