"Meet my....."

Back and Forth in Time

 

Pftt~ “HAH!” I laughed. “Are you serious?”

“Of course I am.” She sounded offended.

“But...but..that’s not possible...” I just stared at her.

“Yes it is.”

“Uhhh, no it’s not.”

“Yes it is.”

“No its not”

“Yes, IT IS!!!!” She insisted.

“No its NOT and anyone in the right sense of mind would agree with me.” I retorted.

“Fine. Suit yourself. I know for one thing that I can procrastinate all I want now!!!” Unnie laughed to herself hysterically.

“Like you don’t do that enough.” I rolled my eyes.  She may be a genius, but she’s mad I tell you.

Leaving the madwoman to her own mad business, I went back to face-planting on my bed.

 

I’m EunChae, just an ordinary grumpy school girl who wastes her days of youth daydreaming fantasies about her hopeful future. Ironically, today has been awful. Every horrible event just all had to meet on the same day and all just HAPPENED to run into me! It all started this afternoon...

---flashback----

 

“Chanyeol-ah!!!!” I yelled. I have been doing so for the past minute and a half with no reaction from the derp whatsoever. “YAH! PARK CHANYEOL!!”

He walks fast having long legs and all. I swung my bag at him with all my strength when I finally reached him.

That got his attention. Anything less just wouldn’t cut it.

“Yah! Jeon EunChae! Don’t go around smacking your Oppas like that.” He scolded me.

“Whatever. Let’s go somewhere today!”

“Uhm...I’d really like to Eunnie-ah, but I have to be somewhere tonight.”

“But that’s what you’ve been saying for the past week!” I pouted. “Why are you suddenly so distant? What could possibly be more urgent than your girlfriend?”

“Don’t think too much. Go home now EunChae-ah, it’s gunna rain.” Chanyeol chuckled as he hurried another direction.

No goodbye, no hug, without turning back even once. I should have suspected that something was up.

 

 

That evening, Chanyeol called me.

“Eunnie-ah!”

“Yeol!, Sup!”

“Can we meet up tomorrow after school?”

“Sure!” Is he finally feeling bad and wants to make it up to me? I smiled to myself.

“Alright, the usual place.”

Just like that, he hung up. No “Goodnight”, no “I love you”, no apology. I should have suspected something was up.

 

 

The next day after school, I was sitting on the bench under the one and only gingko tree on school campus. It has been our “usual” meeting place since we met last year. The view is breathtaking with the fan-shaped gingko leaves falling like snow. The orange, yellow and green of autumn swirled playfully around me. I had so many unforgettable memories under this tree. I couldn’t help but smile remembering. This is my special place, with or without Chanyeol.

Speak of the devil.

I can make out the skyscraper from a kilometer away. That tall, awkward built with the cute smiley face, he stands out alright.

A wrinkle formed at the bridge of my nose as I checked the time. He was an hour late.

 He had never stood me up this long before.

Actually, he was never late.

 

 

“So what’s up Yeol?” I stood up glaring daggers at him as he approached. “Care to explain?”

“I-I’m uhm..sorry Eunnie~” He looked at my with googly eyes. “I was just chatting with Baekyun here and completely lost track of time.”

Only then do I notice the timid figure hidden behind, or rather blocked by, Chanyeol.

“Annyeong-haseyo! Baekhyun imida” He smiled shyly.

“Annyeong Baekhyun.” I replied.

“This girl really doesn’t bother with formalities...” I heard Chanyeol mutter.

“So what did you want to meet for?” I ignored him and got straight to the point.

“Oh yeah, I wanted to introduce you to someone.”  Chanyeol shifted on his feet.

“Oh, okay.....” I admit that I felt a bit disappointed.

“...yeah, though he‘s already taken the initiative I’ll do this again more formally.” Chanyeol looked at me with what hinted as anxiety.

I waited.

 

 

 

 

 

“Meet Baekhyun............”

“I know his n---“ I roll my eyes.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“My boyfriend.”

 

 

 

 

 

----flashback continued----

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gosh what am I doing....this is going off topic, and it's only the second chapter!!!! AHHHHHHHH! But you guys don't mind some baekyeol right? XD
To be honest, I don't know where I'm going with this....only a vague idea...just goin with the flow, ykno~ ;D
Feedback anyone?

Thanks to kyunseu, my first subscriber!!! =^.^= I actually wasn't expecting any for my crappy, rushed intro, but hey, it really means alot!! <3 So for that reason, I'll dedicate this chappie to you!! Kamsamida for your support!!!!