Liquid Courage

Infinitizing Reality

I held his hand as we walked through the grand opening of the ballroom. The room was extravagant and beautifully lit but it wasn’t enough to keep my gaze off Dongwoo’s excited face. He turned to me, showing me all his teeth through his big goofy smile. “ Rae Cheol, Let’s go dance!”

“Ahhh….” I looked over at Kae Ti and I could tell she was thinking the same thing as me. “I think I need some liquid courage before I start breaking out any dance moves.”  So we moseyed over to the bar and got   our drinks. As we chilled by the bar, I couldn’t help but notice Kae Ti giggling as Sunggyu whispered in her ear. He started nudging her to the dance floor. It seemed as though they were communicating completely through their smiles as they slowly made it to the dance floor. They moved with the music. There was a sweet and innocent way about them as they embraced each other with their arms, allowing their bodies to completely press close together…They were such a cute couple, it was sickening.

Dongwoo watched me as my eyes followed the couple admiringly. “You know, they aren’t the only cute couple here…”  His words pulled me out of my trance. “Can we go dance now?” He pouted his lips and bated his eye lashes. Ahh he knew what he was doing to my feels. I couldn’t deny him, so I gave him an approving nod.  He took my hand and led the way to the dance floor where we joined Kaegyu.

As the music began to pick up, I felt Dongwoo rub up against me, moving with the rhythm of the music. I reciprocated his actions. His hands slid down my back and stopped at my rump where they took rest. His head leaned in towards my ears, I could feel his breath on my neck…”I love you..”  My heart was racing a mile a minute then he said those 3 words, stopping my heart in its tracks. I squeezed him closer to me and whispered those 3 words back into his ear, placing a kiss on his neck, showing him that I really meant it. Tonight is going to be a good night after all…