Drive

Trip to nowhere (three-shot)

 

“Park Yoochun, where do you plan to take us?” Min asked sleepily.

“That is hyung to you, beloved maknae. That includes you too, Su-ah,” Chun replied with his eyes never leaving the road.

“I didn’t even say anything!” Su defended.

“I went ahead since I know you will follow suit sooner or later,” Chun shrugged.

“Well, I won’t deny that,” Su confessed.

“But seriously, are you even driving us to a specific place or are we just gonna wander around aimlessly till we finish your gas? Not that I mind since it’s not my car,” the youngest said.

“Patience is a virtue guys. Patience,” Chun just smirked afterwards.

“Can we have at least a clue? I’m starting to get frustrated here. How can you be so calm about this, Su-hyung?” Min inquired at their designated driver first then to their second youngest.

“Why should I be? As long as Chun is sober, I don’t think we’ll die any time soon,” the middle of the three simply replied.

“Thank you, Su. Now Min, follow your other hyung and have more confidence in me,” the eldest assured.

“Fine then,” their maknae gave up and leaned onto his seat at the back.

Earlier, Min had slept after talking with his hyungs, which was half an hour since they left Seoul. He had woken up an hour later not knowing where they were at the moment and where they were heading to.

No one could blame him for being curious. It also didn’t help that he wasn’t good with directions. It was either that or that he hadn’t been to this side of the country before.

He could still see civilization so that put him at ease for a bit.

“Are we still in Korea?” Min spoke up again and caused laughter to all of them.

“I think we are going to Jeju,” Su said seriously.

“Seriously. I am so disappointed in you guys! We are going east of the country and not South!” Chun reprimanded.

“How should I know? Nothing looks familiar,” Su explained.

“Same here,” Min agreed.

“You two have very bad memories, or maybe it was because both of you slept on our way there before too,” Chun admitted.

“We’ve been there before? All of us?” Min asked in shock.

“Yepp. That’s all I’m saying now. Since you guys still can’t remember, it’ll be a surprise which I will not spoil,” the eldest stated happily.

Min thought of an idea and whipped out his phone as Su was in deep thought trying to guess their destination.

“Don’t bother asking Yun-hyung, Min. Not even Jae-hyung knows where we are heading to. I just thought of it while you and Su were asleep,” Chun declared.

As the maknae stopped typing midway to gawk at their eldest, his phone suddenly rang.

“Hello?” Min answered.

“No, I dunno where we are going. Chun-hyung doesn’t want to spill no matter how we ask,” he continued.

“Fine, I’ll put you on loudspeaker,” he then finished.

“Yoochun-ah!” Yun boomed from the phone.

“Yeah, hyung?” their driver answered.

“Where are you taking our dongsaengs?” their leader got straight to the point.

“Put your phone on loudspeaker so Jae-hyung can hear my response, hyung. He will get what I want to say even in code,” Chun chuckled.

“It is already on loudspeaker, Chun. I am currently driving. Jae’s with me and we are going to follow you guys,” Yun stated.

“That’s perfect! I was about to tell Jae-hyung to do so!” Chun exclaimed.

“Yoochun,” it was Jae’s voice now.

“Hyung, remember the place we wanted to go with them once everything was back to the way it was?” Chun said all at once without even a greeting.

“Oh, I get it. Then we’ll be on our way there too,” Jae giggled.

“Alright, see you guys in a few. We have about an hour left,” Chun said as goodbyes were exchanged.

“Ooh, I know where now too!” Su finally realized.

“I’m the only one who doesn’t now! Yun hyung will have to know since he is driving them both,” Min sulkily said.

“Gotta love suprises dongsaeng, gotta love them,” Su taunted as he looked back to tease the younger.

As they were nearing the end of their trip, Min tried to catch a glimpse of the signboards that they passed by but to no avail.

He then let it go and decided that it probably was worth the wait.