Exchange students

Love Light ( 사랑 빛 )

 

Chapter Two : Exchange Students


 

The wind blews dramatically today, making everything that seems light flew into the thin air. It's early november anyways, no wonder why the wind blews like that. 

 

"Akh! I hate this!" 

 

Yoona sigh, glancing her stepsister who's now trying her best to keep her skirt down, she has been nagging about it for about 15 minutes now and her face just shows her that shewas not satisfied with the season. Currently, they are at the bus stop, waiting for the bus to take them to school. It was pretty crowded, mostly with the kids from their school. There were familiar faces that Yoona know but the rest are her juniors. 

 

"Akh! My hair!" Yoona let out another sigh and turn her head to Krystal, "seriously!" She shrieked in english.

 

"uhm.. Soojung, maybe you should keep your voice down" Yoona said, noticing a few pair of eyes that eyes Krystal disgustingly, some even mutters about her, "people are staring"

 

Krystal snapped when she heard what Yoona just calls her, "Didn't I tell you to stop calling me that?" Her face remains calm when she face Yoona but Her eyes are now looking at her like she's going to rip her head off.

 

"A-Ah... Yeah,I forgot..." She said, scratching the back of her head, "it's just that, Soojung suits you better than Krystal" 

 

Krystal sighs, fixing up her look is already stressed enough and now she must deal with her, "whatever. Just don't ever call me that." 

 

Eventhough Yoona wanted to ask why, she taught that it's best to not ask her that now, "sorry Soo- I mean, Krystal." But Krystal didn't respond. 

 

Thankfully Yoona is a patient kind of girl. Her dad warns her a lot about how Krystal is sometimes rude and stubborn and all, she was scared at first but when she met her yesterday at the airport, she taught that she wasn't that bad at all. Cranky, sure, but wasn't that bad. She even make a promise to her soon to be stepmom that she will try to act like a good big sister to Krystal. Maybe that way, Krystal could accept her as a family. 

 

"You should stop being so... Cranky"

 

Krystal raised an eyebrow when she heard her mumble, "what?" 

 

Yoona yelp a little when she heard how sharp and cold her soon to be stepsister voice sounds right now. She awkwardly smile, "n-nothing" 

 

Not really pleased with her answer, Krystal rolls her eyes and folding her arms before turning to face her. Yoona swears that her icy stares was stabbing her real hard right now.

 

"Don't try to act like you know me" she started, "we both know that neither of us like the idea of becoming sisters. But I wanted my mom to be happy and your dad is the only one who can give her that. The same goes to you and your dad." Yoona gaped but Krystal ignores it while looking at Yoona from head to toe.

 

"so here's the deal" she continue, "lets show how our 'sisterhood' developes in front of our parents. But other than that, keep your distance as far as possible from me. You got me, 'big sis'?" She finished as she put a quotation mark on the word 'big sis' that she said in english

 

Rude... "Y-yah-" 

 

"starting now."

 

Even before Yoona started her scoldings, the bus just came in time and Krystal rushed to the crowd that's trying to get their way inside the bus. Not forgetting to bump her shoulder with Yoona's of course (just a sign that shows she really hates you). She just stare in disbelief. Something that Krystal just said was beyond her expectation. Who knew that her words are sharper and colder than how her stares are. Basically EVERYTHING about her is a sharp ice. 

 

That kid... Aish she groan, shrugging off the taught and turning around to finally making her way to the crowd and follows Krystal but suddenly finds herself bumping into someone behind her. Her bag slipped out of her grip and making her almost out of balance, before a pair of strong arms catches her and now, as awkward as it sounds, she finds her face inches away from an angel. At least that's what she thinks he is. 

 

That angel was actually the person whom she bumped with. She must've been a lucky girl for being catched before her head could even meet the ground, this angel just saved her. 

 

She could hear the husky foreign voice asking if she was okay and could see how worried his expression is. But what matters to her now is how he looked. That double eyelid eyes, that brown locks of hair, that pale white skin, it's the definition of... Perfect, if she could say. Not to mention how the tip of her nose is almost touching his. Oh yeah, she could probably be dead right now.

 

"Hello...? Miss...?" She was snapped back into reality when she sees his hand waving in front of her, she blinked a couple of times before answering, "yes?" Keeping her gaze to him. 

 

"Are you okay?" He asked again in that husky foreign voice of his. Yoona gulped before answering "yes. I-I'm okay" straightening herself in process.

 

"Uhm... thanks" Yoona shyly smiles, tucks her hair behind her ear as she take small glances to the boy that just save her. He was smiling down at her making her do the same thing. Her cheeks starts to look like a tomato by the second she sees how his sweet smile and gaze are. 

 

She then remembers school!.

 

"I-I gotta go!" She stammered, "Thank you again by the way!" She turn around and bend down to grab her things, as soon as she's about to stood up, the wind starts to blow drastically once again. Resulting to blown her short skirt, giving everyone ,especially the guy that she taught as her angel, a glimpse of her pink cupcake printed underwear. 

 

"WAAH!" She screams, trying her best to lowered her skirt down. She hopes that no one sees it but unfortunately, everyone who's in there, did. 

 

They starts to whispers and laughs about it, some even gasps and feel sorry to her. The students who was in the bus are looking out the window just to see Yoona. It was the most embarrassing moment she'd ever experience. Now where could she possibly put her face to? 

 

She turns back to where the guy was standing and after what he just sees, he's actually..... Smirking. Did he enjoy it? Gross! was opened wide and her face seems disgust by him already. He might've got the message already as he scoffs and took one last glance of her before going inside the bus. 

 

"Miss are you coming in or not?" she could hear the bus driver shouts as he honks at her twice. She groan as she swings her bag around and going inside the bus. 

 

This is going to be a long day....

 


 

Yoona made her way to the class with heavy steps, didn't even care that a student was welcoming her when she walks in and bow like a knight bow to a princess (duh, she's almost like the queenka of the school). But right now, she was more concerned about her embarrassing moment ever and how that so called angel is actually a little devil.

 

"oh there's Yoona! Yoona!" Hyoyeon waved to her from the back of the class and Yuri did the same. FInally, after lowering her head for quite a while she finally looks up and a huge smile was on her face as she waved back to the two. 

 

She made her way to the seat in fornt of Yuri, put her bag on top of her desk and turned around to meet her two cherries on top of her ice cream. 

 

"what's up?" Yoona asked, seeing how both of them was in deep conversation when she walks in. 

 

Yuri and Hyoyeon exchanged glances before leans their faces closer to Yoona and their eyes was as huge as hers right now, and Yoona swear, 'we want to know' was written all over thei faces. She blinks, a bit confuse by their sudden behaviour, "w-what?" 

 

"tell us everything.." whispers Hyoyeon. "about your s-t-e-p-s-i-s-t-e-r.." now it's Yuri, while spelling the last word.

 

Yoona look to her right and left, completely confuse about why Hyoyeon is whispering when there's clearly nothing to be kept secret of, "why are you guys whispering?" she whispers back, "and what about my step-"

 

"shhhhh!!" the two covers Yoona's mouth quickly, "yah you're not supposed to say it out loud" Yuri hissed "Just spell it"

 

Yoona just raised an eyebrow and the two got the message quickly, "there's nothing wrong with it, it's just that... people in this school have ears like a hawk. Words spread fast. The whole school knows about your dad remarried to an American woman and now you have an American stepsister." Hyoyeon stated, making Yoona groaned, "that's why it's better if you keep your voice low if you want to tell us all about it." 

 

ugh this is probably one of those things that Yoona hates the most. She hates being the center of attention or the talk of the school, especially when Hyoyeon or Yuri brought up about how her being the queenka of the school just because of her looks. Some people might've likes it but not Yoona, she hates- no wait- loathes it. It makes her looked snobbish. 

 

"I hate this" Yoona mutters while leaning on her desk and burrying her face on her arms, "I feel like a snobbish celebrity when I'm not trying to be one"

 

Yuri laughs at her statement, sometimes Yoona just took things overdramactically, "yah Im Yoona, I'll die of laughter if you ever become one!" she said conitnue her laughing. Hyoyeon nudges her arm and mouthed 'she's having her mental breakdown right now' but Yuri just shrugged. 

 

"Yoong" that's what they usually calls Yoona, it's been a habit for them to call her that since Yoona calls herself that when she was 2, "at least tell us a little about them." Hyoyeon said, 

 

Krystal's words a while ago has been inside Yoona's mind now, repeating over and over again. She was a bit confuse about why Krystal suddenly said that and why does it sounded a bit... harsh and hurtful? does she really mean it? if she did then that means she hates her. When all this time all Yoona wanted to do was trying to be a good big step sister, not like those in the movies where the younger step sister gets tortured by the older one. Even imagining it was impossible cause Yoona is not that kind of person. But now, she thinks it might be the other way around. Maybe when her dad and Jessica wasn't home, Krystal's gonna totrtured her until she laughs like an evil character like in the movies(A/N : just imagine how Soojung is with an evil laugh~ kkk). 

 

"and cupcake printed underwear? Really?" Hyoyeon said, trying to change the topic, but unfortunately, it just makes it worse. 

 
 
She immedietly shot up and turn around, "How did you guys know that?!".
 
 
 
Yuri was trying to hold back her laughter while Hyoyeon was trying to look cool and mature, she doesn't want to laugh at something that wasn't suppossed to be funny, "I told you words spread fast." And for the umphtenth time today, Yoona groans as she burries her face back to her arms.
 
 
 
"I don't want to talk about it now!" 

 

Hyoyeon and Yuri exchanges glances once again, the two of them had no idea about what was wrong with Yoona. 

 

"alright class take your seats"

 

Hurried steps to the classroom were heard plus a faint fangirl screams were heard as the homeroom teacher Mr. Park came inside the class followed by a fresh looking handsome guy that seemed a bit foreign. Yoona lift her head up and fix her seating position before turning her eyes to Mr. Park. 

 

"who's that?"

"he's cute!" 

"he's cheeks are just... adorable!"

 

She glance to her right to find some of her classmates whispering and giggling while their cheeks are starting to look like they were wearing too much blush-ons. What's up with them? she taught.

 

"class, as you see there's a new exchanged student in our class." The class, especially the girls, are starting to whispers 'he's an exchange student!' 'He's so cool!', Yoona rolls her eyes hearing those statements but when she looks up to the front of the class, her eyes are as wide as now. 

 

"No way..." She mutters.

 

"please introduce yourself, boy"

 

The new student bows to Mr. Park, turning his head to the class and let out a smile, "annyeonghaseyo. My name is Cho Kyuhyun and I'm from Japan. Please take care of me." He bows to the class.

 

And the class started to chatter again about how handsome this Japanese boy is. Meanwhile, Yoona's eyes twitch a couple of times and still muttering the same "No way..." 

 

Kyuhyun look around the class, his small smile turns into an 'o' as he was a bit surprise when he finds Yoona sitting there, her face were written 'what teh hell' all over and by the twicth in her eyes Kyuhyun couldn't help but to smirk at her actions, well this is going to be interesting he taught. 

 

Aish Yoona is really having a mental breakdown right now. First, her step sister hates her and now this, finding out that the person who whitnessed her most embarrassing moment is his classmate. And the worst part is....

 

"You can take that empty seat beside Miss Im"

 

yes, this is just gonna be the start of Yoona's insane senior year.

 


 

The school bell rings and Krystal, who was just experienced the first day of becoming a korean student (meaning introducing herself in front of the class using the language that's a bit foreign for her), she sighed in relief that it was finally break time. 

 

To be honest, she was feeling a bit uneasy and nervous when she stepped into the school grounds. She actually hated being a new student, especially when she's transfered into a school that she barely knows the language. 

 

She looked around and found her classmates already busy chatting with their friends and making their way to the cafeteria. Before she even stood up to take her leave, two tall bodies are blocking her way.

 

Krystal almost jumped on her seat when she saw two grinning people seated right in front of her seat, saying hello in korean at the same time and not to mention using a high tone voice. One of them was a girl and the other one was a boy, a freakishly tall boy with curly hair and big eyes. While the girl one, she's tall but as tall as the curly haired guy, her hair is just colorful (if Krystal can describe in english), she has a lot of highlights in her hair. 

 

"Can I help you?" Krystal said in her korean accent, raising an eyebrow at them, pretty much looks like she doesn't really care of what they were about to say or do.

 

"hmm..." the colorful haired girl lean closer to Krystal until her nose almost touched hers. In a weird way, it looks as if she was about to kiss her (which is not the reason btw). she held back and crossed her arms while tittling her head to the side, her eyes was still looking right at Krystal. "Are you sure Chanyeol? I don't think she would fit though..." the girl said, tapping her chin as doing so.

 

The tall boy, or whom she called, Chanyeol, chuckles and take a seat on the table behind him, "trust me on this Sulli. She's perfect." 

 

"really?"

"Sulli-ah, she's the perfect girl for the position"

"But still, there's something that she need to have..."

"trust me. I've looked at her school records, she's the best out of the best." he said, at the mention of her personal records, Krystal shot a glare to Chanyeol but he didn't seem to notice, "plus, she's American. it'll be a big help for us." he whispered to Sulli. 

 

Sulli nodded in understanding, hanging open but her gaze was still on Krystal. But then she opened again and asked the same question to Chanyeol, making him answering the same reason also. 

 

On the other hand, Krystal was on the verge of explode in a matter of seconds. This two... strangers just suddenly popped out of nowhere and saying this things about her and if she didn't hear correctly, the tall guy went through her personal records? How and who the hell is he to do that? Another thing about Krystal is that, no one should digging through her personal stuff. And the girl, Sulli, just keep asking the same questions over and over again. Even seeing the scene before her, seeing them talking in an almost arguing kind of way is already getting on her nerves. Not to mention, Krystal's stomach has been growling and they were really taking up break time.

 

"uhm.. who are you guys exactly?" Krystal said, eyeing both of them and they both could see the annoyed feel in her eyes but they shrugged it off. 

 

Chanyeol scratched the back of his head but the goofy grin was still on his face, "ah yeah, we forgot to introduce ourselves have we?" he said, nudging Sulli in progress who was now in some deep taught. 

 

"Let's start-"

 

Krystal rolls her eyes and stood up, even before Chanyeol could properly introduces himself. despite how rude her behaviour is, she didn't really care, that's how Krystal it is. "Look," she started while folding her arms, "I don't know what you guys are talking about or what are you guys planning to do that has something to do with me. Personally I don't really care about this stuff but just a heads up, I'm not interested at all. So don't waste your time to ask a person like me, got it?" ending the last two words using her fluent english. 

 

Chanyeol and Sulli's mouth were gaping as they stared Krystal in awe, it's like there's something that Krystal just said that clicks them and made them paused. Krystal eyed them both, waving her hand in fron of their faces but they just blinked a couple of times. She sigh when she gets no response from the two.

 

"Mom said make friends, they're going to be fun. Yeah right, like there's a normal one here." she mutters in english, rolling her eyes once again before leaving the class.

 

Meanwhile, Chanyeol and Sulli's mouth was still gaping as their eyes followed Krystal's gestures leaving the classroom. Once she's out of there, they stared at the door and Sulli titled her head a little to the side, "huh? Stubborn and rude..." she turned her head to Chanyeol, her grin was wider than ever now, "I like it!" 

 

Chanyeol smirk, "I told you she was perfect." Sulli nodded in agreement, " and more feminine and prettier than you." earning a small punch from Sulli, he chuckles and making his way to the cafeteria, followed by a screaming Sulli who was trying to kill him for calling Krystal more feminine and prettier than her.

 


 

For some reason, Krystal's feet suddenly makes their way to the school's backyard. Sure she was hungry but seeing how crowded the cafeteria was, she decided to go somewhere else. She taught about going back to the class but was scared that two tall weirdos might still be there, she also taught about going to the library but she might be bored in the next 2 minutes. So that maybe the result why she is here now. 

 

The school's backyard was large and empty but much to her surprise, there was a greenhouse that was filled with lots and lots of different kind of plants.

 

"A greenhouse?" She mutters while making her way to the greenhouse. 

 

Krystal hesitated for a moment before stepping inside, looking to her right and left as if thinking that this might be a prank that was specially arranged for the new students. Well, it's a bit over but hey, anything could happen right?

 

"Excuse me!" She half shouted only to be greeted by her own echo voice through the greenhouse, "anybody here?" She asked but there was no response either. She stepped inside and was mesmerize by the sight before her.

 

Different kind of flowers are planted on the ground and it blooms beautifully. The trees were big, eventhough there's not much of it, the greenhouse is still looks warm and mild. There's a fountain in the middle of it, probably to make the greenhouse looked more fancy or something. Krystal's eyes sparkles. She never seen such a beautiful place like this. She's been to a greenhouse before but this one is just different. She look around the place with wide smile on her face, her smile became wider the moment she sees a white rose in between the red roses. 

 

She bent down and pick up the white rose. Her eyes softens as she carressed the white flower, "now, how did you get in there?" She said in english as if the flower could answer her. 

 

"You know, you remind me of someone" she said again, " you remind me of my dad. He usually went home after work with a bouquet of white roses for mom and sometimes, he pulled out one flower and tucked it behind my ear.." She giggles as she remembers the good old times when it was just her, her mom and her dad. 

 

Before her dad passed away, Krystal was really close with him. To her, she was her hero. He had helped her in so many ways. He was also the reason why she wanted to become a singer. Krystal's dream was to become a singer, because her dad was also a singer who had been always there when she needed a lullaby to go to sleep. Her mom is also a singer but not as good as her dad is. 

 

"Ah! There was this one song that he usually sings to us" she suddenly remembers. 

 

 

My girl turned sweet sixteen today she's beautiful, so beautiful,
It might get rough some times but I hope she keeps her faith
I wish I had the chance to say to her
Life is to short, so take the time and appreciate.
 
 
 
 
Krystal smiles disappeared as she opens her eyes after closing it while singing the ballad song, She's trying to hold back the tears that was about to form. She carressed the flower once again, memories of her and her dad is playing on her mind. 
 
 
'Daddy, I don't want anyone else to be my dad except you" said the 4 years old Krystal. 
 
 
Her dad smiled, her hair and tucking her to bed as doing so, "and I don't want anyone else to be my daughter either" he joked, but that didn't made Krystal laugh. Instead, she was frowning. 
 
 
"Omo, why is my little princess frown?" Asked him the moment she noticed her smile turned upside down. 
 
 
Krystal pulled out her little pinky finger, making her dad a little bit confused, "dad, promise me you will never leave me or mommy or grandma or grandpa..." 
 
 
He hesitated for a moment and looked down to the small finger that was waiting to be tangeled by his, he was confused wether to keep that promise or not. Cause right now, Krystal doesn't know anything about his current condition. 
 
 
"He can't promise you that, sweetheart" 
 
 
a soft voice was heard coming from the door, there stood Jessica with a small smile on her face as she walks up to them and wrapping her arms around her husband's neck from the back. 
 
 
"Jess..." He whispered as she gave him a soft smile.
 
 
"why not mommy?" Krystal pouted.
 
 
"Hmmm" Jessica tapped her finger to her chin while her other hand is still wrapping around her husband's neck, "well, mainly it's because sooner or later, your dad is going to grow grey hair and grow old like grandpa, and we don't know when will that happen so I guess he can't answer that he promised, honey" 
 
 
She took a small glance to her husband who was basically a little surprised by her sudden statement, but despite it all, Jessica let out a soft smile as her eyes softened and still locked with her husband's, "but I will promise you this" she began softly, "even if dad wasn't here anymore, he will always be your dad. And no one can take his place as your goofy, lame-joker, cheesy dad." 
 
 
He smiled softly to her, thinking about how lucky he is having a wife like Jessica. He turned to his daughter and raised his pinky up, "now that! I can promise" he grinned and chuckled,
 
 
little Krystal grinned and tangeled her little pinky with his big one, "it's a promise then!" 
 
 
How time sure fly by so fast... And now, the reason why Krystal's sometimes mad at her mom it's because of that. Because of what she promised to. Eventhough she knows that her mom should just move on but that small promise will always played in the back of her head whenever her mom mentions 'your new dad' to her.
 
 
"I miss you, dad." She breathed. 
 
 
The school bell then rings, showing that break time is over. Krystal groan while muttering small curses, stood up and head back to class still with the white rose in her hand. 
 
 
Little did she know, a pair of eyes were watching her the whole time she's there from behind a big oak tree. His eyes were as cold as an ice. The dim sound of a song being played was heard as the guy take off the headset he was wearing and place it around his neck. His eyes never leave Krystal's figure, as soon as she stepped out of the greenhouse, a smirk was left on his handsome face.
 
 
"Tch, thieves. she better bring that rose back"
 
 

 

A/N : dunn dunn duuuuunnn! Chapter 2 is done! finally! If there's any mistakes or typos etc I'll fix everything tomorrow, cause I wanna keep my promise that I update chapter 2 tonight. And I did! Oh and there's going to be some changes to the story and I was thinking about adding another character. So how was this chapter? Tell me your taughts through the comment kaay :) oh and THANK YOU SO SO SO MUCH for everyone who was still subbing and still waiting for updates! I really appreciate every bit of it! I'm really trying my best to keep everything updated.... So thank you so much guys! Thank you thank you <3  -Love bella :'3 

 
Comment & Subscribe