Pilot

Love Light ( 사랑 빛 )

 

Chapter One : Pilot


 

Tick Tock. Tick Tock. Tick Tock. TENG!

 

As soon as she glanced at the clock that was hanging on the wall, she knew she was late. She immediaetly storm out of the dance studio and started to ran as fast as she could until she was out of the building, ignoring her sweaty body and her ruined ponytail that usually bugs her cause right now, she looks filthy and exhausted.

 

Im Yoona has been practicing her dance moves for the upcoming competition that was held by YG academy. And as the co-captain in her dance club, she must work hard to get her dance moves right and perfect, this leads her to be late for something that's pretty important.

 

She is going to meet her soon to be stepmother. Yes, her dad, Mr. Lee Donghae, is going to get married in the next two months. The reason why Yoona and her dad had different surenames it's because Mr. Lee changed it. His wife surename is Im and he wanted Yoona to have her mother surename instead of his.

 

Yoona was happy, very happy with the taught of her dad had moved on from her mother who died when Yoona was still 5. Her dad had been telling her about how amazing the woman is, Yoona listened to him and it seems like this Jessica Jung is really nice. She just hope that her soon to be stepmom wouldn't be that mean one like in the fairytales.

 

"Taxi!"

 

When she finally reached outside of the building, she calls out for a taxi and it stops right before her. She hurriedly went inside the taxi and told the driver to take her to the airport. Unfortunately, along the way, Yoona caught in a traffic jam that could take more than an hour.

 

"Omo.. Dad is so going to kill me"

 

She opened her mobile phone that rang seconds ago, showing her that there's one incoming call from 'Appa.' that's what it said on the caller ID. Yoona yelp in surprised, eyes widening and she was thinking twice about answering the phone or not but in the end, she press the green button and brought the phone to her ear with her shaky hand. 

 

"yeboseyo-"

"IM YOON-AH!" 

"WAH!" 

 

Mr. Lee's yell made Yoona shouted in surprised as she accidently threw her phone to the shotgun seat in the taxi. The driver that was just staring straight waiting for the traffic light turns green, was now a bit irritated by Yoona's sudden scream. 

 

"Mianhe ahjusshi hehe~" Yoona scratched the back of her head as she aplogizes only to be replied by an angry glance and a mumurs saying that it's a good thing that Yoona is pretty if not he would probably kicks her out of his taxi by now. Yoona carefully took her phone back from the shotgun seat. Her dad must be really mad, she could clearly heard his nags through the phone even before she could placed it in her ear. 

 

".....you're almost graduating and yet you're still late like this, what am I going to do with you Yoong?!" 

 

Yoona cringed, she felt really bad for being an hour late. "Mianhe Dad.." she said, "I was caught up in practice. You know that this is competition is important to me" 

 

"I know but that doesn't mean you can't even spare an hour just to greet your new mom."

 

"okay okay, I'm sorry Dad. Really really sorry Dad. I promise I won't be late again!" she said, pleading like a 5 years old girl, "promise! I swear!" she put her hand up, making a peace sign that people always made when they swear to something eventhough her dad wouldn't be able to see it.

 

Her dad just sighed on the other line, he said something about her making a lot of promises like this but still, her clumsiness will always stayed the same, "where are you now?"

 

"umm..." She took one glance at the road in front of her, she could barely see anything with all the cars that are also caught in the traffic jam, Yoona cringed silently as she bite her nails, " err... give me 30 or 40 more minutes and I'll be there Dad"

 

"30 MINUT-" Her dad was about to yelled but then stopped, she assumed that Jessica might be sitting or standing beside him right now that's why he stops yelling and started to whisper, "Lee Yoon-Ah, we've been waiting for you for almost an hour and you want us to wait for you for another 30 minutes?!"

 

Oh oh. The moment her dad called her by her birth name, things might not be going really smoothly later.

 

"I'm so sorry Dad! Really I am!" And for the umphtenth times she apologizes.

 

There was a moment of silence from the other line, Yoona guessed that she really did giving her dad a hard time and finally her dad let out a heavy sigh and said, "I'll give you exactly 15 minutes to be here or else you're grounded"

 

"BWOH?!"

"You heard me."

 

"Dad that's not-" even before she finished her sentences, her dad hungs up and that really made Yoona frustated as ever. "Aish! No fair! it's not my fault that there's this traffic jam..." she pursed her lips while crossing her arms.

 

She look back at the view outside the window, there's a lot of cars lining up in one or two lines, waiting until the lights turned green. The honk sounds from the cars was kind of annoying but then, an idea struck her mind.

 

"Should I ran to the airport then?"

 

One thing about Yoona is that, she oftens do something without thinking. She thinks that her plan is good enough. That pretty much made Mr. Lee confused about how clumsy his daugther is.

 

A huge smile crept on her face as she nodded to herself that the idea is pretty good. Hearing the statement from his passenger, the taxi driver only glanced at his rearview mirror, thinking that for someone who has a pretty face, she's sure is pretty weird.

 


 

Break it! yongmangui banchik

Move it! pagoeran mideok

No more shakin' like that

 

"Krystal Jung!"

 

Soojung, or better called her Krystal, was surprised by her mother's sudden action for taking off her headset, "Hey I was listening to that!" her mother only responded with her raising her eyebrow while holding the headset in her hand, her mom's cold icy stare didn't fail to make Krystal moved a little backwards and yet, her mom is staring at her colder.

 

"Stop staring at me like that" Krsytal said, her face clearly tells that she's scared but that tone of hers made her sounded that she wasn't scared at all. 

 

They were currently at the airport, they've just arrived from USA two hours ago and now they are waiting for their soon to be step daughter or stepsister to arrived. They are now sitting at the nearest bench which was in front of the large window that has the view of the airplanes that's departing and arriving.

 

"How many times do I have to tell you to turn down the volume when you're listening to your iPod?" Krystal's mom, Jessica Jung, crossed her arms while glaring at her stubborn daugther that sat beside her, "you know that it's bad for your ear-"

 

"yeah yeah..." Krystal said while taking back her headset from her mother's grip, "geez when will you stop your never ending nags.." She murmured but loud enough for Jessica to heard.

 

Krystal quickly placed the headset back to her ear, preventing to hear the nags that's about to come another second from her mother's mouth, "What is that tone? are you using a tone with me, Krystal Jung?" yeap, she was right.

 

Upon hearing her mother's never ending nags, Krystal just rolled her eyes. That's one thing about Krystal. She's stubborn and moody. And right now, her mood are along the lines of being bored and just unaware of everything around her. She even yawned while her mother supress all of her voice just to nagged her and that pretty much made Jessica angrier.

 

"Jung Soojung!"

 

"Is everything okay, Jess?" Jessica and Krystal looked up to find Donghae standing with his hands on his pocket, looking at them worriedly.

 

"great just great" Krystal muttered sarcastically meanwhile Jessica laughed awkwardly and took Krystal's hand, "yeah, everything's fine. Right Krystal?"She said while squeezing Krystal's hand, making the younger girl widen her eyes and gritted her teeth. Trying to hold the small pain that her mom made while she was nodding her head answering the question that her mother asked her. 

 

"Mom that hurts" She said underneath that gritted teeth.

 

"I told you to behave Krystal" Jessica answered, while still smiling.

 

Donghae just stand there, looking a little dumbfounded by the Jung's weird behavior. Hejust smiled and shook his head, "So where's Yoona?" Jessica asked making Donghae remembers what he was about to say to them.

 

"She's still on her way here" Donghae said, "sorry about that. Yoona was caught up in practice and she didn't see the time". Jessica just smiled sweetly, "ah don't worry. I completely understands her for being late like that." earning a soft smile from The handsome Mr. Lee Donghae.

 

Krystal, who was on the verge of barfing seeing her mother being all sweet and cute when she's in front of her fiancee and also seeing the two love birds exchanged glances and soft smiles like that. The whole thing just makes Krystal wanted to get out of there quickly. ugh I think I'm gonna barf. She decided to stood up, making the two love birds turned to her.

 

"I'm gonna buy some snacks" She said while walking quickly to the nearest convenience store. She took one glance of her mom and his fiancee who was now sitting beside each other, talking, laughing, and all that.  To be honest, there was another feeling that came up to Krystal when she sees them like that.

 

Krystal shook the taught off. and quickly made her way to the convenience store to buy some snack.

 


 

A boy around 18 years old, wearing his usual blue plaid shirt and a black jeans and sneakers with a back pack on his shoulders and one hand that was pulling his luggage, he was just arrived from Japan and that wide smile on his face clearly tells that he was glad to be back.

 

"home sweet home" He said, grinning widely when he saw the huge S.E.O.U,L poster on the wall that was featured by Super Junior and SNSD's members.

 

He stopped to scanned his bag and luggage, one of the staff told him to take everything out in his pants pockets and he did what he told to.After that quick check up on his belongings, he walked out to the main entrance and saw a bunch of people came to pick up their relatives or friends.

 

He scanned all of the people to find, probably, a boy around 15 or 16 years old but he seemed to didn't find him. He took out his cell phone and was about to call the number that his uncle just texted him until he heard a voice that sounded like a middle aged heavy guy voice.

 

"Kyuhyun-hyung! Kyuhyun-hyung!"

 

Kyuhyun turned his head to the left and found a cruly haired, freakishly tall guy waving at him from the back of the crowd, "Is that?" He squint his eyes and made his way to the boy. His eyes widen in surprise when he relized who the person is, "Chanyeollie?"

 

The tall lad, the one who called 'Chanyeollie', nodded his head. Meanwhile, Kyuhyun looked at him from head to toe then went back tohis head, his jaw dropped and eyes was still widen as ever as if he couldn't believe that his cousin had grown up. And by grown up, he means physically grown up. Chanyeol blink twice, seeing his hyung looking at him weirdly.

 

"Hyung.. are you okay?"

 

"Chanyeollie, what have you been eating since I left?" That was the only thing Kyuhyun could say to his beloved little cousin. Well, not so little anymore actually, "and Yah! don't copy by broccoli hair style!" Kyu scolded as he ruffled his broccoli hair that happens to look really similar to Kyuhyun's hairstyle back when he was 10.

 

"Hyung stop that!" The other lad said, shoving the older namja's hand from ruining his perfect hair, "and it's Chanyeol, hyung"

 

Kyuhyun just scoffed, "what? you're already as tall as me and now you're changing your name? Andwe. I'm still calling you Baby Chanyeollie and I don't care if you're too old for it"

 

From now on, Kyuhyun is going to live with his uncle and aunt and well, his favorite derp cousin, they were kind enough to have their nephew coming all the way from Japan to Seoul. Kyuhyun planned to take his last school years in his motherland due to him wanting to get into the best college so that he could be the heiress of his dad's world-known game company (that's what his dad promised him if he get into the best college). And being the hardcore gamer he is, Kyuhyun will work his off in school.

 

"it's good to have you back here hyung" Chanyeol said as he grinned and put his hand up in an attempt to bro- with his cousin, Kyuhyun just stared at his curled up fift but then he immediately do the bro-, "let's go Hyung. Mom and Dad are waiting for us in the car."

 

"Wait" Kyuhyun was about to give Chanyeol a small gift from Japan but then he found out that the gift was gone. He was sure that he put it inside his pants pocket. Ah pabo~ He realized that the gift might be left behind after that quick check up he had.

 

"You go ahead. I left something inside, I'll be back in 5 minutes."  Chanyeol just nodded while Kyuhyun made his way inside the airport again.

 


 

"Do you need anything master?"

 

Letting out a heavy sigh, he turned to the well dressed man beside him who was now bowing 90 degrees, probably apologizing about disturbing his reading time.

 

"You don't need to apologize Lumiere"

 

"I'm sorry master Sehun" There it goes again, "I taught I disturbed you"

 

Just because Oh Sehun was born from a wealthy family and he had like this personal guard, that doesn't mean he could go all diva and made his guards hating him and aologizes to him every single time. No, Sehun is not that kind of person. In fact, he's too quite to even get upset over little things.

 

"You did but I'm not mad so please, don't aplogize" He simply said and his eyes travelled back to the book in his hand. The 40 years old Italy man nodded his head and stood up once more, doing what he usually do, standing beside his master and guard him.

 

Flight 0786 from USA has landed.

 

Sehun looked up to the flight's screenboard, showing him that the plane where his mom was has just landed. He was currently at the airport, he was waiting for his mother who always busying herself with doing business overseas. Not even caring about his one and only son.

 

An hour has passed after the information and still his mother wasn't on sight, he's starting to get irritated. "Where is she?" He murmured while closing his book and stood up. He looked around and still there was no sign of a busy woman, probably wearing shades and a really formal outfit.

 

The thing is, Sehun hates his mom. Ever since he was 7, when it was his birthday and the next thing he knows is that she called him and said she was busy, that leaves the poor little Sehun to spent his birthday with lumiere by his side. And years after years, his birthday has been like that. His mom rarely comes home, it's either a day or 2 that she would be home and then it was another overseas trip. 

 

Though he was used to it, He still had the hate feeling everytime he sees her busy.

 

Thanks to her mother, he was now known as the quite, anti-social guy at school. He sometimes spent his usual day on the rooftop of the school, listenign to random songs or reading a book or maybe do some dance moves. Yes, his dancing skills are way too awesome.

 

"Lumiere, stay here. I'm going to search for her"

 

The bodyguard just nodded as Sehun made his way into the crowded airport.

 


 

Yoona made her way to the airport after miles and miles of running. Inthe end, she finally got out from the taxi and ran for miles to the airport. That's Im Yoona alright. She glances at the clock and it shows that she was half an hour late.

 

"!" She cursed and ran again.

 

Meanwhile, a foreign and yet also korean girl got out from a convenience store inside the airport, she was eating a strawberry flavored lollipop, walking in the opposite direction of Yoona. Not long enough, A hurriedly looking namja was rushing to the infromation desk to get the thing that he accidently left behind. Follows by, a quite boy who was searching for a familiar face that's probably surrounded by a bunch of formal attire people, he was wlaking the opposite direction from the rushed namja.

 

Unnoticed to them, the four of them could've encounter one another but the fact that they were unaware of each other presence, they will not know what they were going to face in the future.

 

 


A/N : Annyeong! hai it's me the lazy author kk~ okay so this update is rushed and so confusing but I'll make it up to you guys in the next chapter. There was a couple reasons why I rushed the first chapter so I'm really sorry if it's confusing you. Though, I'm still excited for this fic! like really this is going to be my romantic, funniest, and drama-ish fanfic I've ever done. I just hope that it's good enough for you guys to read :3

 

Comment & Subscribe :)