Movie Time

It's Right, Now

“We don’t have to actually tell them.” Jiyong whispers, his arms dangling around Daesung’s neck while his chest was pressed into Daesung’s back. Daesung smiles softly, the flash on the camera in front of them going off mere moments later.

“No?” Daesung whispers back, shifting slightly in front of Jiyong as the photographer directs him to move. “But I thought you were ready.” He pouts lightly and though Jiyong can’t see it, the man knows it’s there.

Jiyong shakes his head and moves next to Daesung, leaving one arm around the younger man’s shoulders. “Not what I meant.” He says quietly before forcing a bright and boyish smile onto his face.

Daesung turns toward Jiyong at the photographer’s insistence. “What did you mean then?’ he asks, looking over his shoulder at the camera.

Jiyong sidles closer and leans in like he’s going to kiss Daesung’s cheek. “They would get the picture rather quickly if they caught us in a compromising position.” He whispers, slanting his eyes toward the camera and giving an innocent smile.

“Of course,” Daesung mutters, rolling his eyes while the photographer is busy trying to get the rest of the members into place around them.

“If we did it now, there would be photographic proof and plenty of witnesses.” Jiyong says loudly as he is ushered away from Daesung and into the middle next to Youngbae.

Daesung just raises his eyebrows; a large smile painted across his face as he positions one hand on Seungri’s shoulder and leans forward a little. “You wouldn’t do that. I’d let you if you tried though.” He says, his eyes never leaving the camera. Jiyong allows his lip to curl in a slight snarl before leaning into Youngbae and getting ready for the next shot.

“What does he want witnesses for?” Seungri asks, shifting a little when the photographer indicates that they need to be closer.

“I’ll tell you later.” Daesung says, tilting his head so that it knocks softly against Seungri’s.

The shoot is over in another ten minutes, and after a round of polite farewells, they are packed into their respective cars and sent off to their apartment building. The cars had barely made it onto the road when Seungri, Youngbae, and Seunghyun receive a text from Jiyong:

My apartment. 7:00pm?

With little to no hesitation, all three reply to him in the affirmative. They arrive at their apartment building at slightly staggered times, and all rest briefly in their rooms before getting ready and heading over to Jiyong’s.

“I was just thinking that maybe it would have been less awkward, and more…I don’t know…spontaneous? If they just caught us kissing or something.” Jiyong says, pacing up and down in the small space between the counter and island in his kitchen. Daesung drags a hand over his face, leaving the other arm crossed over his chest, as he leans back against the counter.

“Yes, well, I’m sure they would get the picture, but I doubt it would be much less awkward.” He says, his eyes following Jiyong’s nervous pacing.

“But this is so formal!” Jiyong whines, panic seeping into his words.

“Shh!” Daesung says, reaching out a hand and grabbing Jiyong’s wrist as he marches by. “It’s OK! Everything will be fine. What are you really worried about?” Daesung raises an eyebrow and turns Jiyong to face him. “Youngbae? Because he’s not worried so much about the who as he is about you.” Jiyong’s mouth turns down into a pout and Daesung smiles. “Seungri will probably make a big fuss about it, but in the end…I don’t think he will really care.” Jiyong lets out a sigh and looks up into Daesung’s eyes.

“What about Seunghyun?” He asks, unable to keep the apprehension out of his voice.

Daesung tilts his head to the side and takes in a breath. “I think that he will raise an eyebrow at us and then say: ‘So, where’s the wine? Are we going to watch a movie, or what?’”

Jiyong laughs lightly and leans forward, touching his forehead to Daesung’s before bringing his hand up to Daesung’s neck. “Thanks.” He says, closing his eyes and taking a deep breath. “I’m just worked up. I’m sure it won’t be a big deal.” He pulls his head back and gives Daesung a rather devilish smirk. “You sure you don’t want to just be ‘caught’ doing something?”

Daesung bites on his lip, pretending to think it over. “Nah, I think we can do this without those kinds of tricks.” He says, and Jiyong sticks out his tongue. They hear a knock at the door and Jiyong hurries off to let everyone in.

Daesung takes a deep breath in the quiet kitchen and leans his head back; just a short moment to relax and collect his rattled nerves before he is thrown back into everyone’s company. Though he had seemed calm and confidant while talking with Jiyong, inside he had been hoping that his own words would make himself feel better; and they had. The second that Jiyong calmed down, Daesung did too. He allows himself a couple more seconds as he hears the other three loudly entering the apartment, before he pushes up off of the counter and walks out into the hallway.

“There you are!” Seungri calls as he ditches his shoes and weaves through the others to reach him. “Didn’t meet you in the hall, so I wondered where you were.” Daesung smiles at him and ruffles his hair, causing the younger boy to back away and swat at his arm.

“I came up a little earlier.” Daesung says, laughing. Once Seungri fixes his hair, a slight scowl present on his face, they head into the living room followed by the others.

They settle on and around the couch and Youngbae gets up to turn on the TV while Seunghyun whines loudly about Seungri taking up too much space on the couch and how he would rather sit next to Daesung. Daesung laughs and Jiyong tells Seungri off for crowding the oldest.

Once everyone calms down, Youngbae lifts up the remote in preparation for pressing play, when Jiyong casually knocks it out of his hand. Youngbae turns around and looks over at him, completely confused. Instead of answering, Jiyong stares straight ahead and clears his throat.

“Ah, Daesung and I have something to tell you.” Jiyong says, surprised by how clear and calm his voice sounded.

“You better not have gotten Daesung pregnant because that’s just uncomfortable.” Seungri says quickly, crossing his arms over his chest. Both Youngbae and Seunghyun hit him.

“What he means is—“ Youngbae starts, only to be cut off by Seunghyun.

“Boys don’t get pregnant Seungri, but I agree with the sentiment.” Seunghyun says, crossing his arms over his chest. “Don’t be doing anything that could hurt either of you.”

Youngbae practically growls at Seunghyun and Daesung represses a laugh. Jiyong’s hand tightens on Daesung’s knee in what Daesung can only assume is slight apprehension. “I’m not pregnant, so no worries there.” Jiyong laughs lightly and Seungri smiles sheepishly. “But no, we wanted to tell you that we’re dating.” He says it so casually, so nonchalantly, that he hopes it sounded truthful.

“Alright…if that’s all….movie?” Seunghyun says, causing Youngbae to growl in frustration once more. This time, however, he turns around and faces them.

“I wish you had told us sooner. But thank you for doing so now. If you’re happy, I’m happy.” Jiyong’s death grip on Daesung’s knee loosens and he leans forward to whisper something to Youngbae, who just nods and smiles reassuringly.

“Wait. Wait a minute!” Seungri says, putting his hands up. “All of you knew this, and no one told me? Am I the last to know? Why didn’t I know?”Seungri was pouting now, and Jiyong rolls his eyes.

Daesung leans over and pulls Seungri to him by the shoulders. “No, don’t worry, we told you three first. If any of them knew before you, it wasn’t because we said anything.” Seungri’s pout lessens and he nods.

“Alright. Movie now?” Seunghyun nods eagerly and Jiyong laughs outright.

“Yes, fine, movie! Youngbae, press play!” He says, hitting Youngbae on the back of the head.

Youngbae rubs his head and looks around him. “Well I would, but you knocked the remote out of my hand in a fit of glee earlier.” Jiyong kicks him and Daesung wonders why Youngbae always chooses to sit on the floor when things like this always seem to happen to him.

“Liar, you just don’t want to admit that you were too clumsy to hold onto it.”

“Yeah, that’s it. Totally not the fact that you slapped it out of my hands.” Their little bicker continues, but Seungri finds the remote and presses play, leaning back into Daesung.

“You love him?” Seungri asks, keeping his eyes trained on the TV. Daesung takes in a deep breath and runs his hand over Seungri’s hair.

“Yeah, I do.”

Seungri snuggles closer. “Good. You’re good for each other.” He says, and Daesung can’t think of anything to say, so he just smiles.