The unexpected reunion.

Those Raining Days.

 

It was a raining day.

 

The sky was grey and the weather gloomy and depressing.

 

I locked the doors to my café and bid goodbye to my 3 student helpers.

 

“Goodbye Heechul-hyung!” they chorused and waved as they made their way into the rain.

 

“Goodbye,” I smiled and waved back as I watched them walk down the street all squeezed into one big umbrella. They were all good kids, struggling to pay those ridiculous tuition fees. I heaved a sigh before turning into the streets.

 

It was a raining day.

 

I hated raining days. With the hoodie pulled over my head, I started jogging down the street towards the subway station. I took a shortcut in one of those dark alleys. The rain beat down so harshly on me that my skin hurts. I had my eyes cast down on the ground and the rain made it difficult to see. I was wet and cold and the howling wind made things worse. I quicken my pace and that was when I collide right into you.

 

I groaned at the impact, clearly frustrated. I heard a soft curse. A voice that was all too familiar.

 

No. It can’t be. No. It can’t be.

 

I looked up nervously and that’s when I saw your handsome face. Rain droplets rolling down and your hair plastered to your face.

 

I was shocked. So were you.

 

We stood rooted to the ground staring at each other with wide eyes as the rain poured down on us soaking us beyond wet. Memories flooded my mind, mostly the horrible ones. I stared at you with hatred and pain and you stared back at me with guilt and there was something else I refused to acknowledge.

 

The rain continued to pour upon us but none of us had the intention to move, not until the lightening decorated the darken sky and the roar of loud thunder.

 

I jerked back into reality at the sudden loud roar, clearly frighten by it. You seem to have realised my fear. Without a word, you grabbed my hand and pulled me into a run. I was too overwhelmed by the sudden contact and other emotions to fight you.

 

It was the first time you ever held my hands in years. The little warmth I had that was ripped away by the rain and wind soon returned with just a simple touch from you. Memories and images of the past invaded my mind. The prick of my battered heart tugged. Tears clouded my sight and soon mix with the rain as I allowed you to lead me to wherever.

 

It was a raining day.

 

I was glad it rained. If not for the rain, you would see my overflowing tears and that was what I never wanted to be seen doing ever again – me crying over you.

 

I don’t know how long have we been running in the rain and I don’t care. For all I know, we finally came to a halt in front of an expensive looking apartment building with your hands still holding mine. I was panting a little from the run and so were you. I realised your hands were still holding mine and I tried to pull away but that only made you held on to me tighter. Looking at me with those pleading eyes, my heart soften. I looked right into those charming eyes and gave in. Your thin lips curled into a small smile.

 

It was then I realized how much I missed your smiles and how much I missed you despite the hurt you brought upon me.

 

We entered the apartment building and you greeted the security guard with a smile and a nod. You lead me into the elevator  and then down the corridor, your hands still held onto mine.

 

I wonder why you were doing this. I wonder why I am doing this.

 

Finally you released my hand to open the door to the apartment. I shivered and felt the cold crept back into me almost immediately. You stepped into the dark apartment, pulling me in with you. The lights came on next, revealing your stylist place.

 

Everything about the apartment was just plain you. It was exactly how I thought it would be if you ever get your own place.

 

You guided me to the sofa, sitting me down.

 

“You are freezing. Don’t go anywhere. I will be right back.” That was the first time I heard your voice in years. My heart skipped a beat. You spoke like always, with a voice full of authority.

 

I nodded and watched as you hurried into one of the doors then into another and finally come back to me with a pile of clean clothes.

 

“I have prepared a hot bath for you. I don’t want you falling sick. Come here.” You said, dragging me across the living room into the bathroom.

 

You hung the clothes and towel before bending down beside the bathtub, running your hands through the water testing the temperature.

 

Smiling to yourself, “the temperature is just right and I poured in some rose essence and Rose petals just the way you love it. I will make us something hot to warm ourselves while you bathe. Take your time with the bath, don’t need to rush” You said and left.

 

I watched you close the door. Alone in the bathroom, I was lost and confused.

 

It was a raining day.

 

I hated the rain, for it was on a raining day when your walk out of my life.

 

I love the rain, for it was on a raining day that you reappear in front of me.

 

It was a raining day, the day that confuses my mind and messed up my healing heart.

 

★★★★★

this is supposed to be a oneshot but it got too long! so I guess it will be 3 chapters instead~
I don't want to up the 3 chapters in one go, so...
chapter 2 will be updated tomorrow.
and the last chapter the day after.

i hope you will enjoy this short story, many thanks in advance (: