Chapter 3

Running Out of Time

 

“Awe, how did you know it was me?” He pouted. You looked in the rearview mirror and saw his face. You started to back out while saying, “I think I know my brother’s own scent. I’ve lived with you for how many years now?” He just poked his tongue out at you in response. You looked in your review mirror and saw Dongho start to pull up behind you. You gasp “Taemin Oppa, get down before Dongho sees you.” He obeyed your command; he laid down on the backseat.

 You pretended not to notice Dongho behind you, and your buzzing phone in your gym bag. Once you finally pulled out of the parking garage you bolted off, to make sure Dongho wouldn’t follow you. Once the coast was clear you announced to Taemin, “You can get up now.” “Finally,” he replied. “I almost fell asleep back here.” “Yeah, sure you did,” I saw him shrug in response to my sarcasm. Taemin was a night owl. He wouldn’t fall asleep until three in the morning, and always woke up around noon. “So Taemin Oppa I got a question for you,” you said to break the silence. He looked over at you, “Yeah?”

“How did you get into my car?” You asked annoyed. “Oh, you know, it’s called a spare key,” he chuckled. You just shook your head and smirked. “Also what were you thinking? You know if anyone saw you, my cover would have been blown.” “That wouldn’t have happened,” he replied. “O, made sure I got in just fine.” Taemin turned to look out the rear window, “And speak of the devil.” You look at the review mirror to see a black van behind you. “So why are you guys tailing me now? I still have important things to do at NH, before I go back to SM.” “Well that what we are here to talk to you about,” Taemin said while waving out the window to Onew. “I’ll explain more once we reach our apartment.” The car was silent for the rest of the ride.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After talking to Taemin and the other guys who were following you, Taemin and you decided to go inside. Once you reached the apartment, it was around 3 am. Taemin didn’t seem to care about the time; he casually walked over to the couch and plopped down. He e the T.V. and started to watch a late night show. You stretched while yawning, “I think I’m going to head off to bed now.” “Yeah sure what ever,” he said watching the T.V. intently. ‘He is such a caring brother,’ you thought to yourself. You rolled your eyes and walked to your bedroom.

The room wasn’t very big, with a lot of your items still in moving boxes. Even though you have been living in the same apartment for three years you have never really had time to unpack while working at NH. The walls were a pale blue and boring. The floor was a complete mess, with a mix of clean and dirty laundry. You walked through the messy room to get to the bed. You dropped your gym bag at the foot of your bed, before rolling into bed.   

You were about to go to sleep, when all of a sudden you hear your phone started to buzz like crazy. “Who the hell would be calling at a time like this,” you said aloud. You started to search for it in the dark. “Hello?” You answered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N- 

I know this chapter isn't very long but i wanted to hurry and get it up scince it took me about a week to write. I hope to get a couple other chapters up this weekend too. I'm sorry for the delay.