Chapter 4

What Can Fate Bring?

I say bye to Eun and head towards my dance class. Here goes nothing. You’ll be fine, just stay calm and be yourself. I enter the dance room and sit on the side until class starts. I decided to stretch out and get my muscles warm so that I don’t pull anything. There were other people on the sides, doing their own thing. Then our instructor walks in. “Good Morning Class. Welcome to a new year. I see that we have a new face in our class. Please introduce yourself. Oh gosh, I really hate introductions...

 

JR’s POV:

I walk into my advance dance class and guess who I find... Mi Young. How can she be in advance anyway? Oh well, I hope she can handle it. Then the teacher told her to introduce herself.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Mi Young Inmida.” She shyly bowed and sat back on the ground. Honestly, it was pretty cute.Then the teacher started to talk again and started to teach us new choreography. I got the routine easily and so did Mi. Wow, she is full of surprises. “Mi Young, I want you to show the choreography since you have it down.” Everyone was seated at the front while Mi goes to the center of the room to perform it for us. She slowly walks to the center of the dance room. I was blown away with her movements. Everything was sharp and strong. Wow, she is really good. Her moves went with the flow of the music. *Sigh* She’s good...

 

Mi Young’s POV:

That dance was hard, but I was able to get through it. The choreography wasn’t that bad, but there were so many movements that were complicated. Everyone clapped and I sat down in the front with everyone else. I was breathing a little heavy but I managed to control it. Many of my classmates complimented me. “Thank you Mi, That was excellent. I am very impressed. I saw your videos on YouTube and I was just blown away. It’s much better seeing it in person.” I manage a little bow while sitting and the teacher moves on to help others who didn’t get the dance that well. He let the rest of us who knew the dance practice on our own. I went over to one of the corners of the room and started to practice the movements. It’s a little difficult but I got it all down and am ready to dance to it. I hear someone clear their throat behind me and I turn to see JR. I blush a little, he’s kind of cute up close.

“Hey” he says while looking me in the eyes.

“Hey” I say in a quiet voice.

“You dance pretty well. I’m kind of impressed.”

“Thank you” I say as I turn away from him to practice the dance moves one more time.

“Where did you learn to dance?”

“I took many dance classes back in Hawaii. Learned off of videos and stuff like that. Been in about 20 competitions and about 15 solo competitions. Won about 25 medals. I’ve been dancing since I was 4. ”

“Really? That awesome. I taught myself.” Is he trying to impress me?

“Okay; that’s cool I guess.” I hear the teacher call all of us back. I go and sit down while JR comes and sits down next to me. I look at him and he smiles. Honestly, it was cute... Wait, what are you thinking Mi? You have to focus! You’re not here to admire guys like him; you're here to get a headstart on your career! No time to think about guys; you know what you have to do. Class went on for about 2 hours more and honestly, I felt like I was going to collapsed.

The teacher said to take a break and I went to the corner of the room where my things were and took out my towel and water bottle.

“So how do you like class so far?” I look up and find JR coming to sit next to me. I scoot over a bit and start to drink my water.

“It’s ok so far; I’m just really worn out at the moment...” I lie on the floor with my arm covering my eyes. My chest was going up and down while I was trying to catch my breath.

“You’ll get use to it, I promise. It’s going to be hard at first, but it’s worth it.” JR takes my towel and starts to wipe off the sweat on my forehead as I just lie on the floor. Woah.... This is really awkward. He seems nice, but I’m still unsure about him.

“Thanks... I guess.” I slowly take my towel and put it on top of my bag. I take one last sip of my water and put it by my duffle. I stretch out again so that my muscles don’t hurt the next day and so that I can keep them warm.

“Damn... Your pretty flexible...” JR was surprised to see me just lying done in my splits.

“This is what happens when your parents put a lot of effort in you. They wanted me to have a career in dancing.” I slowly get out of my stretching and went to the locker room. (Yes there is a locker room in the dance room.) I took a shower to wash of the sweat that covered my body. I had many thoughts going through my head. Why is he talking to me? Isn’t he like the kingka of the school? There is no way that he can like me. He is like really popular in this school, or so I’ve heard. Ugh, you have got to stop thinking about him. I mean I can be his friend, but nothing more, there is just no way that we can go into a deeper relationship. After showering, I changed back into my uniform and head back to the dance where everyone is relaxing. This is is going to be fun, I guess...

 

Eun’s POV:

I get to class and sit on the seat closest to the window. I don’t know, I always had the habit to sit in the front of the classroom. There were other students already in so I decided to just think of lyrics. I always carry my book around because there are so many ideas that come to my mind at random. I start to hum a tune that’ pretty catchy so I write it down. Next I try and think of some lyrics. Hmm maybe this or actually no...and then turn to a new page and start over. This cycle always repeat itself a few time before I really write lyrics that fit my beats and/or tunes. I hear other people's footsteps coming down the hall and look towards the door. I see some other people pile to the room. They all avoided me and walked past me to all the other seats in the back. I could hear them talking, whispering probably about me. I guess i don’t fit in here... but then the door flew open. The door banged against the wall and a tall figure slowly walked into the room. He had his hands in his pants pockets and dark brown spiky hair. Wait he looks familiar... Aron! Oh my gosh he’s in my class! He walks to the front of the class and looks around. I guess he’s trying to pick a seat that he can sleep in.

“Uhhhhh! I’m so tired!” he yells in a loud voice and almost everyone stops talking except two girls.

“She is so weird ye...”

“I know right. Hey what’s wrong?” They both look up to see Aron glaring at them. They look down away from him as he turns his gaze to me. He looks from me too the girls and makes a weird face. Buzz buzz! My phone! I must have forgotten to turn it off. I search through my bag looking for it. I take out my lunch which is a ramen bowl and find my phone hidden under it. I quickly turn it off and start to put away.

“Hey Ramen.” I hear a voice say. I look up to see Aron in front of me. I jolt back in surprise but manage to speak.

“What?” He throws his stuff onto the desk next to mine and sits down. He leans over to me looking at the Ramen bowl.

“Hey can I have this?”

“Well that is my lunch so no not really.”

“Please!”

“Why should I give it to you when you don’t even know my name?”

“I know your name... It’s Ramen right?” Are you joking!?

“My name is not RAMEN! It’s E-U-N-H-A-E!”

“Alright calm down. So... Can I have it?” Jesus...

“Fine. I’ll just get an apple later or something.” I hand him the Ramen bowl but for some reason he looks surprised.

“What!? I just gave you my lunch and no thank you?” He finally smiles at me and thanks me.

“Thanks. Didn’t think you’d actually give it to me...”

“Well it’s nothing really.” I say as I turn back to my lyric book.

“So what are you working on?” He asks while looking over at my book.

“It’s none of your business.” I continue writing when I feel a hand grab onto my book and pull it away.

“Hey!” I say in an irritated voice as Aron quietly looks at the book and smiles.

“So you write lyrics? Hmm...”

“Give it back. It’s not something for you to read and most of the song lyrics in there aren’t finished yet.”

“Hmm there okay. Not the best I’ve read, not even close.” Why the HELL is he so mean?

“Well I didn’t say I was an expert songwriter now did I so give it back!”

“Nope. Hahaha!” He laughed while he pulled the book away from me and continued reading. Well I guess theres really no harm done. He can just read it for all I care. I let out a sigh and take out my music book and start writing some beats that randomly come to my head down.I just hope he doesn’t steal this one away from me. Looks like everyone stopped talking about me. I guess I have him to thank for that.

“Hey Aron...”

“Hey what happened to the hyungmin. I am older than you, you know.”

“Thank you” I say and smile at him.

“It’s no big deal” he says and looks away from me to continue reading. He then takes out a pen and starts to write something down.

“Hey can I have my book back already?”

“Hold on... Okay here.” He says and hands me the book back.

“What were you writing?”

“One of your song lyrics. I think we could use it in our song.”

“Hey!” I say and try and steal the paper away from him.

“Hahahaha! I’m just kidding. NU’EST writes our own lyrics. Well never steal anyone else’s ideas.” He smiles and for some reason I  know he is telling the truth. I nod and put away my books. Man he can be a real jerk sometimes but I know he’s just playing. Hmph... He doesn’t have to be so mean about it though. I hear the door open and the teacher walk in. Time to start class.

 

Aron’s POV:

Ugh... Class! I walk through the doors and accidently swing the door open to hard and it makes a huge bang! Whoops! I walk through and let the door close behind me. I look around the classroom. I see that girl from my homeroom. What was her name? Eun... Eunhae, Yeah that was it. I scan the room. Eunhae is all alone at the front of the classroom and the rest of the students are at the back... That’s a first. Usually their all at the front. I Look and see everyone looking at Eun and whispering to each other. Maybe they deem her a threat or something since the school did say she is number four in our class now. Right before me. All their gossiping in the back is starting to get irritating.

“Uhhhhh I’m so tired!” I yell to get everyone to shut up. Everyone stops talking except two girls in the back. I glare at them and they stop talking. I walk over to EunHae and sit down. She looks kind of sad. I try and make some conversation with her. She actually talks to me rather than being shy like she was in homeroom. Hey... It’s kind of fun to . I steal her book that she was writing in and start to read. It’s a lyric book. Wow these are really good. I try and play it off like I’m not that impressed even though I really am. She tries to reach for it but I’m way taller than her. She’s almost like a little kid. She gives up on getting the book back and brings out another one. I try peek at it but she covers it with her hand. As I’m still reading the teacher walks in.

“Aron put your book away please we are starting class as of now. Let’s start with introductions. My name is Mr. Jae Joon but most of my students call me Mr. J. I see we have a new student here today. Would you please introduce yourself.” Eun stands up but before she is able to speak Mr. J stops her.

“Wait I forgot to explain to you didn’t I. For our class you have to introduce yourself in song. Pick whatever instrument you want in the room and introduce yourself while singing and playing at the same time.” Eun bowed to him and walked over to look at all the different instruments. I could tell that the whole class was shocked as to how she didn’t really freak out about having to play/sing solo on her first day. She walked over to the guitars and picked up the black acoustic guitar. That one’s my favorite. She comes back to her seat and starts to strum it. She tunes it by ear and tells the teacher that she is ready.

“Are you sure you're ready Miss EunHae?

“Yes I’m ready.” She said in a calm voice. She takes a big breath and starts to play. Her beat is really good and it’s got a nice tone and rhythm to it. She was just about to start singing when she stops playing. What now?

“What’s wrong EunHae?” The teacher asks in concern.

“Umm... Someone has been waiting outside for a long time and it looks like he can’t wait until I finish.” Mr. J quickly walks to the door and swings it open. He looks a little irritated because he hates it when people interrupt his class. In the doorway standing there in wet clothes is Ren and Baekho. Those idiots...

“So you finally decided to join us.”

“We're sorry Mr. J we got caught up in the rain. We tried to wait it out but it wouldn’t let up.” They look over at me with eyes that scream HELP! Am I really going to have to help them AGAIN! I look over at EunHae. She looks a little disappointed. Alright lets go get those two. I get up from my seat and walk over to them. They could tell how mad I was. I grab each of them by the collar of their shirts and drag them to their seats. The whole class laughs.

“Stay!” I yell.

“Yes sir!” They both shout simultaneously. I walk back over to my seat and sit down. I look at EunHae again. She’s smiling now.

“Thank you Aron. EunHae please continue.”

“Okay...” She starts from the beginning and when she gets to the singing part the whole rooms mood changes. As soon as she starts to sing everyone looks at her in amazement. Her voice is amazing. It’s soft but strong and she got perfect pitch placement. Wow she’s good. Baekho and Ren look impressed and when she finishes her introduction everyone claps.

“That was wonderful EunHae!”

“Thank you Mr. Joon” she says as she goes to put the guitar away. Some of the girls try and act cocky like they can sing better but even they know that she is better than all of them. She walks back over to her seat next to me and sits down. Class goes by pretty quickly and soon it’s the end of class already. EunHae didn’t talk much during class. She just sat there and listened. Every once in awhile I would catch her smiling but it would only last for a split second before fading into her regular poker face. I could see that Baekho and Ren were interested in her but I told them not to mess with her. Only I can do that. Right after class ends EunHae slowly packs up her things and walks to the door. There waiting for her is that girl from this morning. Minny. I go walk over to say hello.

“Hey Minny.”

“I’m pretty sure that you’re not one of my close friends...”

“Come on Minny were friends right?”

“Uhhhhh... Not the last time I checked...”

“Your funny. Come on please?”

“Ummmm... I guess? I really don’t know...”

“Yay! So want to go get something to eat with me?”

“Uhhhh... Actually.... I already ate... I still don’t know your name...”

“You’re no fun and my name is Aron.”

“Aron... Okay, well I have to go... My friend is waiting for me.”

“You can just say her name you know it’s not like we don’t know each other. We are in the same class.”

“Well my best friend, EunHae, is waiting for me.” She points to the direction of where EunHae was.

“Alright but we have to eat lunch another time okay, promise me.”

“I never break my promises.”

Okay see you later then.”

“Okay, bye.” She walks back to EunHae and they grab their things and leave. This girl is quite interesting...