Chapter 17

My Lovely Baby Daughter

 

Anna POV

 

As I scroll through the pictures we taken together in Milan, a stupid smile cross my face. I row onto my side as I enlarge one of the pictures. We were both smiling at the camera. I swipe my finger to the next picture, and this one shows me punching Kyuhyun and him pretending to be hit. A little laugh escape my lips but I quickly turn it down when he squirm beside me. A big yawn followed shortly after.

"Morning." He simply say, before giving a peck on my cheeks.

I smile. "Look!" I shove my phone to his face. 

 

He hold my hands in his, taking a good look at it before he rest his head on my shoulders, hugging me from the back. He swipe to the next picture, showing us both in sunglasses and sticking our tongues out playfully.

I giggle. "Look how pretty I look in this!"

He snort. "Yeah. I agree. Why don't you look like that all the time?"

A smack immediately land on his arm, and he groan.

"I'm joking.." He admit defeat as I row him off me.

"Yeah, I was too, babe! Are you okay?" I bat my eyes at him as I give him my innocent look.

 

He went speechless and turn away from me, but I already saw that hidden smile on his face.

 

I laugh. "Aww! I love you, babe!" I give him a long wet kiss on his forehead.

 

I then get up, stretching a little. I'm in my night wear, now just a sports bra and , which I happen to start wearing ever since me and Kyuhyun broke that stage of abstinence. It used to be shorts and t-shirt, but now i seems to got used to wearing very little around him. Speaking of abstinence.. A-a-ahem.. We got so much closer since then. It's not that we weren't close before, but it seems more of a reality now. Being with him used to feel like we are two people in our own world, but now it feels like we're one person in the real world. 

 

"Come back here." He say as he look to me, with that look that I'm fully aware of.

"No, sorry baby. I have to go to the office today."

"You're a freelance photographer!"

"No! I still have work to do!"

 

Kyuhyun then quickly climb out of bed, and I run for it. And as like always, he caught me and have me on his shoulder before I can make it into the bathroom. He is so much more competitive in moments like this that chances of me escaping in whole is almost none. I struggle as I slap his repeatedly, while hanging on his shoulder. He quickly throw me onto our oh-so-comfy bed and trap me with his body, before I can escape. 

 

"Heh-heh! You can never escape from me!" He lock my hands above me playfully with his wicked smile.

I laugh at his expression. "Don't do that! It kills your image!"

Kyuhyun then start imitating Jung Juri, the comedian that have me laughing non-stop for at least a week for her Dinosaur face. I laugh even harder, almost out of breath by the time he stop doing it. 

 

He smile as he look at me. "Aigoo.. Look at you." 

"What about me?"

"You've grown so chubby ever since we came back from Milan."

"WHAT?!"

 

I immediately leap out of his hold and race to the mirror. He didn't even try to stop me. 

"Where where?!" I ask as I anxiously inspect my face.

He lay back into the bed as he watches me. "Your arms.. body?"

I quickly inspect myself, pinching my stomach and arms. 

 

"ARGH!" I scream as I slam the bathroom door, locking it and turning the shower on. 

"Are you going to come back to bed?" Kyuhyun say from the other side, probably still lying on the bed. 

"NO! I'M GOING TO WORK!" 

 


 

"Unnie?" Soomi take another good look. "UNNIE!"

"Hey Soomi! Yeah, I'm back!"

"Wow! You look... different! Must be the effects of the honeymoon~!" She giggle.

"What honeymoon! We went together with his friends."  

 

Yeah.. Leeteuk, Ryeowook, Donghae and Eunhyuk came along.. Didn't you guys see the pictures they posted on twitter? 

 

"I thought you said he's busy all the time? When are you going to introduce HIM to us?" JaeJi unnie cockily pass us.

I give my sweetest smile. "They got a holiday from the company. So, did you go anywhere fun?" 

She glare at me in respond, making me grin. Probably because she has no boyfriend to go anywhere with.

 

"Ignore her, unnie. Go to the restroom with me!" Soomi then pull me away with her. 

 

She only let me go when we're in the restroom. She then pull her makeup kit out and start touching up on her makeup. While I wait, I look into the mirror. Do I really gain that much weight?

 

"Soomi-ah, What do you mean by different?"

"What?" She pause as she look at me in confusion.

"You said I look different." 

"Ahh.." She smile. "You're glowing." 

"Huh?" It's my turn to be confused.

"Your skin seems like it's sparkling. Or is it your aura?" 

 

"Huh? Okay.. Forget that. Did I grow fatter?"

"Oh! Now that you said, you did got a little bigger! I didn't noticed it before!"

 

I feel my soul dropping to my knees. Even though, I've heard it from Kyuhyun this morning. I just wanted to make sure.. Now that Soomi says that too, It must be true! I'M FATTTT!

 

"Is there some good news you didn't share, unnie? You did go for a honeymoon after all~" She joked.

"Huh?"

"You could be pregnant~!" She giggle like toddler.

 

I freeze at the word. What did she say? Preg...NANT? 

 

"What's wrong, unnie?" She look at me with concern. "I was just kidding."

"Oh. Nothing. I'll go to my office first, Soomi." 

"Okay.. Call me if you need me." 

 

I walk quickly to my office and shut the door once I'm inside. I take a deep breath before I sit onto the couch in front of my desk. It couldn't be.. right? 

Yeah.. Sure, Kyuhyun is a healthy 22 year old man. And we did it.. a number of times.. 

 

No way.

 


 

My eyes drift to the clock once again. 7 P.M.

 

That's it. I couldn't take it anymore. I can't concentrate, I can't think, I can't do anything! I can't just sit here, while I try to convince myself that I'm thinking too much. I just CAN'T! 

I quickly gather up my stuff and shut down my computer. With some files on my other hand. and I'm out the door. I say my goodbyes to everyone, before I race down to the nearest pharmacy in my car.

 

I couldn't even wait till I get home, I straight away test it out in the restroom of the pharmacy.

 

As I sit in my car, waiting for the results, I thought of all the aftermath whatever the result may be. Even though It has only been 5 minutes, It felt like an eternity. 

 

|  |

 

One line? I swiftly flip the box and read the back. 

 

Not pregnant. 

 

I'm not pregnant? I'm not pregnant!

 

With mixed feelings, I speed dial Kyuhyun. He pick up after a few rings.

"Hello?" He answer. 

"Baby! Where are you at?"

"Oh. Just drinking with Minho and Changmin. Why?" He sound surprised.

"Nothing. I just thought of you, that's all."

"Are you going somewhere now?" He suddenly ask.

"Nope, I'm about to head home."

"Good! Come over! We ordered too much wine!"

I smile. I sure need some!  "Alright. I'll be there!"

 



Hey! How is everyone?

Yeah, I'm really busy with school, work and extra lessons..

How is the chapter?

I got feedbacks and reviews that the storyline is too long so I cut a lot of scenes.

Yeah.. There were supposed to be a chapter about their trip to Milan but I just skip it.

Maybe I'll write it as a bonus chapter.. MAYBE!

 

Subscribe. Comment. Rate Up!

See you next time, guys!

- Claire