Chapter 18

My Lovely Baby Daughter


Anna POV

 

"Urghh.." I groan as I push myself up. 

I look around me. Poor lighting, clothes scattered everywhere, branded backpack left at the lonely corner and with a random pink guitar beside it. I didn't even need to guess, I've been here before. Super Junior dorm..

I search for Kyuhyun but it's almost effortless. He's spread out on the floor beside the bed, looking dead drunk, with a pile of clothes beneath his head as a pillow. I land a soft kick on his side but he didn't have any respond. Oh well..

The pounding in my head continues as the back of my throat starts buzzing. My stomach twitch, and I know what's going to happen. I quickly rise to my feet and run for the door. But balance failed me, crashing me onto Kyuhyun, he immediately spring up and groan loudly in pain. I know I should've be at least a little bit concern but It wasn't really a right time. I quickly get up on my feet, and cross over Kyuhyun before I rush to the nearest toilet. There wasn't anyone in there, thankfully, and I empty out my stomach right away.

By the time I regain my consciousness, Kyuhyun is already behind me, tugging the loose hair behind my ears.

"You alright?" He mummer in his morning voice.

"I feel horrible."

"Me too." 

 

He lift me up from the ground and make me stand before the sink counter, before passing me his toothbrush. After i was done brushing, he take his turn cleaning up as i stand there watching.

 

"Oh you guys are here." Ryeowook suddenly appear behind me.

I would've jump in normal circumstances but my mind is not clear enough for that.

 

I turn and give him a nod, earning a disapproving sign from him. He then throw a random boxers at the corner into the laundry basket before turning back to us. "Come out for breakfast."

 

"Mm." Kyuhyun hum in respond as he finishes up and putting his toothbrush back onto its holder.

 

After drying our faces, he hung his towel back onto the rack, he pull me by the arm and drag me out. As we enter the living room, Eunhyuk, Donghae and Yesung were already sited in front of the TV, with their breakfast in their hands. Eunhyuk turn to look but quickly turn back to the TV, as if nothing happen. Donghae is wide-eyed but didn't say anything. Yesung, however, yelp as he jump physically.

"What is your girlfriend doing here?" He yell as he cover his face and run into his room.

 

"What the..?" The words just slip out my mouth, gaining laughter from the rest.

Kyuhyun smile. "He can't appear before anyone without makeup."

"Oh.. so that's why Ryeowook have makeup on too?"

 

"Yah!" Ryeowook scream from the kitchen, making me smile.

"You guys should wear tags on your neck next time you guys are out drinking. Minho didn't know where you two stay so he wake me up in the middle of the night. I still had to carry both of you up here!" Eunhyuk complain. 

Ryeowook then come to us with two bowls of kimchi stew before returning to get his. 

"Thanks hyung." Kyuhyun say informally as we take our seats on the small dining table.

 


 

After breakfast, Kyuhyun lay his head on my lap as he's sprawl out on the couch. He's tall figure took up all the rest of the space, but it's alright, since nobody's going to complain about it. Eunhyuk and Donghae went to their second dorm, which is upstairs to watch soccer match together with the rest. Ryeowook already left us alone for his drama, and Yesung left awhile ago. We kept the TV on, filling the room with its noise as we both lay there, staring into space blankly. 

 

"Ah, my stomach hurt.." Kyuhyun complain.

I caress his stomach gently. "Was that me just now? Sorry, it was an emergency.." 

"No.. It the hangover.." He cup my face and pull me closer to him.

"Then blame that you're alcoholic.."

"I'm not! Wine is an art."

"Yeah, right!" I pat his cheeks, before throwing my head back to the head rest and relax. 

 

"I feel much better after throwing up.. You should dug your throat or something to feel better." I jokingly advice. 

"Yah, I'm a top star vocalist! What do I do if I hurt myself?" He say, before groaning in pain again.

I look at Kyuhyun with concern. "It's that painful? I'll go out and buy some medicine for you. Where's your car keys?" 

He point weakly at the bowl above the shoe cabinet at the entrance. 

 

I smile at his cute, yet vulnerable image. With a kiss on his forehead, I slowly raise his head from my lap and onto a pillow. 

 

"Okay. I'll be back soon." 

With that, I pull on Kyuhyun's hoodie and cap, before going off. 

 


With the medicine in the bags, I thank the pharmacist before heading out. I ignore the little ache on my stomach as I do. I quickly make way towards the car, which is parked some distance away. A quiet groan escape my lips as the ache gets more intense every step I take. I stop and bend over when the ache is really unbearable.

Miss. Are you alright? — A lady's voice rings into my head.

I nod, but the spinning in my head makes me unsure if I really did nod. 

Miss! Do you want to go to a hospital? — This time it's man voice.

I.. I.. Eh. [Blank]

 


 

"Miss.. Wake up!" She shake my shoulders violently, jolting me up.

My eyes immediately shut tightly when the bright light seep through my eyelids. The noisy surrounding quickly enter my senses. With squirted eyes, I look at the lady who woke me.

 

"Miss. Are you okay? Do you speak Korean?" She ask.

I nod as I look around. I'm at the hospital. And there's a needle in my arm. 

 

A woman then walk towards me while flipping through a file. She take a double look at me before she signal the nurse away. She then turn to me, looking serious.

"How are you feeling?" She click her pen and start scribbling as she study the charts in front of my bed.

"My head is spinning." I point somewhere on my chest. "It hurts here."

She nod like she already knows and that I deserves it.

"Of course. You had alcohol poisoning."

Okay, I deserve it.

 

She continue. "Don't worry. You're pretty stable now. Drink more water and you'll be fine. After this drop finishes, you'll be free to go."

She then put her pen back into the pocket in her coat and begin to head out.

"Ah!" She abruptly turn back to me. "You should know that alcohol is bad for the baby. It can cause disorders to the fetus or miscarriage. Please advise from your obstetrics doctor." And with that, she left.


 

Opening the door to her apartment, She let her bag slip down from her shoulder and onto the floor.

 

"You're already in your 4th month."

"It cannot be. I had a negative test result just yesterday."

"It was a false negative. Stick test are only most accurate when tested on the first toilet trip of the day."

"How is it possible? I'm not showing."

"Your uterus is much lower compared to other women. It may be a factor to that."

 

She remove Kyuhyun's hoodie and lay it neatly on the couch, before taking off the jeans and blouse she wore since yesterday. She jump into the shower and let cold water run down her body.

 

"And one more thing, having your uterus being lower than average, you'll have a early childbirth. Please consider the best option for your child. I'll have you to collect your vitamins at the counter."

 

She quickly turn the water off and head out. Protected in the warmth of her cotton bathrobe, she cover herself beneath the bed sheets.

 

Her phone suddenly vibrate violently on the bedside table and she reach to retrieve it. The screen shows Kyuhyun's name, but for once, she simply watches it till the call ended and returns back to the lock screen. The notifications then pop up, showing the eager and worried messages from him. She finally decides to reply, telling him that she's alright and just got held up. After a simple goodnight, she lock it and simple toss it to the other side of the bed.

After awhile, another series of long vibration notify her of a call, but she's won't be picking up any calls tonight. Shutting her eyes tightly together, she felt tears running down her cheeks, but she couldn't feel anything on the inside. She don't know what to think, or do. All she hope for is sleep to encase her away from consciousness right now.

 


Hey guys, long time no see!

I'm quite consumed by life recently.

There's work, school and extra lessons.. and there's my favorite hobby, AFF.

My 24 hours are all scheduled and packed. Forgive if I can't update on time.

Anyway, It's a pretty long chapter, what do you guys think? Comment!

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

[A SHORT ADVERTISEMENT OF MY SHOP]

CLAYTON AVENUE GRAPHIC SHOP

Our Sample Products 

    

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

Alright, Have a good day guys!

See you guys next time!

- Claire