Another Way To See

Another Way to See

There was a time when Jiyong and Chaerin spending their times together at their favorite coffee shop. The place where they met for the first time, hearing Chaerin sings, such a beautiful  voice yet she looks like an angel. Just then Jiyong tried to get to know her, things just keep going well even better, that they decided to date. Jiyong convience her joining a sing contest that she even won the first prize and start a new career with a girls group called 2NE1. He doesn’t know if it’s a good thing or shall he be called a real fool.

It’s about to celebrate their second years of anniversary.  Jiyong’s sitting at the same coffee shop, he  made a promise with Chaerin as they  always do. It’s been two hours, he keeps waiting , but there’s no news from Chaerin. He tried to call her phone several times, she just didn’t pick up. Wondering what she’s been up to. For the last time he tried to call.

..................................CLICK

“Chaerin-ah where are you?”, He knows he could greet her  way better but he was just too shocked that she finally picked up.

“Oh oppa-ya, I’m busy right now. I call you back later”.

CLICK. What was that, it leaves Jiyong  wondering  if there’s something important which keeps her busy, she didn’t even let him answer.

He’s  walking out of the cafe,  can’t think stright. It’s not the first time Chaerin suddenly cancelled the appointment, and  it’s not the first time he ended up sitting on his sofa alone watching the TV shows Chaerin never want to missed. Why is everything reminds me of you?

Jiyong decided to text her, “Still busy?”

No replies. She must be really busy since she’s an artist now.

They don’t have much time together now,  but he doesn’t want to miss a thing about Chaerin, so he’s asiding his pride and sign up for 2NE1 fansite. Pretend to be anonymous fan. He chatted to other fans, they’d like gossiping, what’s with the headline “Chaerin spotted together with Taeyang, dating?”,  there’s even a picture which says taken today. So this is what you’ve been busy for...?

Feels like the world turns down, he lost all his energy. He doesn’t mind about the gossip, but the thing is why Chaerin would lie to him. If only she tells the truth.

It was 2AM in the morning that Chaerin called Jiyong back.

“You’re sleeping?”,  Her voice is as cheerful as usual with such a high tone.

“No, I’m fine”, Though he’s actually feels sleepy, who won’t be bothered to be called in that sacral time. But what he wish is to talk to her.

“Sorry about today.”

“It’s ok, we can go next time.”

“I had a practice with the girls”

“Are you sure it’s your girls?”

“What do you mean?”

“Chaerin spotted with Taeyang”

“Oh, oppa have seen it? ”

“....” Her anwer makes Jiyong think, knowing it is what she actually wants me to know?

“Let’s break up”

“If it’s what you want, then it’s ok. I’m sleepy, you might be tired after practice so let’s call it a day.”

He turned off the phone. Was I’m rude?  We actually could fix it, but since you’re commiting to break up and I don’t want to argue.

Days, weeks passed. Finally Chaerin brings her relationship to public with Taeyang. She looks happy while he just have to go through it alone. He admit that he does missing her, her  voice, her laugh, her smell. Two years of relationship, he just can’t forget her easily.

That night he was watching news on TV, what shocked him is it’s Chaerin is on the live report, hearing that Chaerin has a car accident he can’t hold him self to not running to where she are. He bought nothing with him, running without looking back, just to see Chaerin, just to make sure she’s alright.

What even shocking is doctor said Chaerin’s eyes are hardly damaged. How bad it is that she need a quick surgery. The moment couldn’t even be worst when they know that there’s no eyes suits to Chaerin’s blood.

There was nothing in Jiyong’s mind except to see Chaerin awake. He told the doctor that he might like to donate his own eyes. What a relief, the blood does suit, the donation is accepted.  The next morning, Jiyong waken up with nothing to see, all goes black. He begged the doctor and nurses not to tell Chaerin who’s donating the eyes.

So it’s been a month that Jiyong gets used to his blindness, But hearing Chaerin back to her feet is enough to make him happy. For whatever happened, I made a promise I will protect you, the time I got slacked, I will come to fix it.

It’s just another day that Jiyong is sitting on his favorite coach, at the cafe of where their memories lies. The smell of  Chaerin’s favorited macchiato is strong, yet it reminds him of Chaerin again.

Without he notice, Chaerin which has an interview at the same place, is walking towards him. “Oppa, you’re still coming here?”.  She greets.

But it surprised him, that he drop his spoon on the floor, “Oh Chaerin-ah?” He s around to reach the spoon.

At the same time, Chaerin finally notice the one who donated the eyes for her was Jiyong. She got teary eyes, couldn’t find a word to describe how she feels, whether it’s touched or how she hates herself or just feeling sorry for what have Jiyong been through along. She just cried out, and hugs him.

“Why are you crying?”, yet he welcomes her hugs.

“Why...”, she cries couldn’t be hold any longer, “The eyes..”

“It’s ok for me, it’s fine not to see, as long as I still can smell this Macchiato, the smell... help my memories to recall your face”

Chaerin laughs a bit to hear such a ridiculous reason.

“Yes keep laughing, it will never be different for me. I can see your face from my head. Thanks for the memories.”

Chaerin continues to cries, realizing how she has been a fool.  To let him walk away from her life.