Thursday

All the little things

Thursdays.

Thursdays were rather… special.  If that were the best way to phrase it.  It meant the weekend was fast approaching, though Kyuhyun’s weekends weren’t really much to boast about, and that meant Kyuhyun appreciated them (well, a hell a lot more than he appreciated Mondays or Tuesdays).  And not only that, Thursdays had a certain special place in Kyuhyun’s heart.  They weren’t terribly outstanding, not like public holidays or overseas trips, but they definitely stood out.  Thursdays and Sundays… Kyuhyun’s two favourite days of the week.  Though, arguably Sundays would probably come out to be his absolute favourite because he didn’t have to go to work.

Yes, that’s right, Thursday was one of Kyuhyun’s favourite days of the week even though he had to go to work.  It would start off like every other work day.  He’d wake up, grumble and moan and have to experience all kinds of waking up rituals, performed by the one and only Yesung to try and get him out of bed.  They included pulling the sheets off, slapping, kicking, threats to ban him from , scolding, there had even been a few attempts to pull him off the bed by the ankle (which always failed because Kyuhyun was “a big, heavy whale”.).  He’d even had freezing cold water dunked on his head once. 

Then, after having to go through all kinds of torture from Yesung (it was hilarious though so maybe it was worth it) he’d get ready and have breakfast with his tiny, lovely family.  Yesung wasn’t the best cook but it was most definitely better than anything Kyuhyun could try to conjure up.  And Kibum definitely appreciated Yesung’s cooking more than he did his father’s.  Kibum, although young, still made faces at Kyuhyun for all the burnt, undercooked and instant meals he had to consume before Yesung came into the picture. 

So, compared to that, Yesung’s simple albeit rather well cooked meals were like a God sent.  Kibum would also usually be a sneaky little brat and constantly ask his Umma if he could feed him and after seeing those big puppy eyes, it’s not like Yesung could really say no.  He’d feed the kid with sparkles in his eyes and turn to scold Kyuhyun sternly for growling like a wild lion, to which Kyuhyun would do his best imitation of a kicked puppy.  It’s not like he could help it!  Yesung should be feeding him, like the happy, loving couple they were!  Not his bloody kid.  Despite that, it was still heart warming to see someone care so dearly, so sincerely for Kibum every day.  That was something only his ex-wife had shown.

And just like every other day, Kyuhyun would leave home with a kiss from his lover and a reluctant one from his son who would groan before having to do the deed.  And because Kyuhyun has an evil streak and he likes to tease his son, he’d sometimes pick the boy up and spin him around.  Kibum might protest and yell at his Appa to put him down, but he really did have fun during their time together and he only acted like a brat because he loves his Appa and Umma

Okay, so Thursdays started out just like every other work day and kind of went on just like them too.  Kyuhyun went to the office and tried to resist the urge to rip up his paperwork until he got his daily encouragement text from Yesung which would send him over the moon.  Yesung would be at the coffee shop, serving tables and doing managerial work, sometimes staring out the window and daydreaming about Kyuhyun until he had to pick up Kibum from kindergarten.

It was the Thursday nights… Thursday nights were the specialty, those were what made Kyuhyun just adore Thursdays.  And no, it was not because of certain things he and his lover would do late at night when Kibum was fast asleep… though he definitely did appreciate those activities.

Whilst waiting for Yesung to finish working, Kibum would heavily anticipate Thursday nights.  That’s right, Kibum too loved Thursday nights.  He’d ask his Uncle Donghae about the choice he would eventually be given and Donghae, the ever predictable fish, would always highly recommend ‘Finding Nemo’.  Kibum however, had already seen ‘Finding Nemo’ about “a bajillion times” and would complain about that to his Uncle Donghae.  Donghae would pout, as if he were Kibum’s age, before smiling brightly, innocently, and patting Kibum’s hair.  Kibum would grin and anyone that had seen a Kibum-grin would know that it felt like the world was lighter, better.  Donghae, unable to resist, would scoop Kibum up into his arms and list off children’s movies, Disney film and just about anything that would be appropriate for a five year old.  He had to be careful because he was sure to get an earful and a couple of smacks from Yesung if he recommended those NC-17 movies that Donghae liked to watch on occasion.

So, what was the big decision anyway?  Well… Thursday nights were what the little family dubbed “Movie Night”.  What did it mean?  It meant Kibum would be plagued with the stress and pressure of picking a suitable movie for the night for a few hours…well, at least until Yesung finished work.  After the coffee shop was all closed and cleaned, Yesung would drop by the local DVD store and rent the movie Kibum wanted.  And maybe whilst Kibum would be staring intently at the display in the kids section he would a few for himself and Kyuhyun… Not that he would ever admit that out loud because they were either sappy romance ones or the ones that were much too mature for Kibum’s eyes and ears… definitely things he would not like to get teased for. He swears though, that they’re mainly for late nights when they cuddle!  Nothing else!  Okay, maybe something else but only sometimes… or more often than not, but Yesung would never ever disclose that either.

When they got home, Yesung would unpack the take away he picked up on the way home, and set it up in the living room.  He’d wash and dress Kibum for bed in his favourite light blue pyjamas with all the clouds. Sometime between when he dressed Kibum and when he himself was dressing into something comfortable, usually sweat pants and a t-shirt, Kyuhyun would come home.  He would, of course, greet his family as per normal, a bone crushing hug for a whiny Kibum and a tender kiss for his blushing Yesung. 

It would never take long for Kyuhyun to get ready, practically jumping into comfortable clothes to join Yesung and Kibum in the TV room, usually with Kibum snuggled in his Umma’s lap.  Even Kyuhyun would have to admit the scene was adorable, Kibum looking up to Yesung with those big eyes of his, grinning in excitement for the night to come.  His smile would  only grow when Kyuhyun would step fully into sight, joining them on the sofa, pecking Yesung on the lips as he sat beside him.

He’d wrap the two of them in a bear hug, kissing the top of Kibum’s hair despite all protests, rolling his eyes as Kibum complained and complained.  Yesung would’ve already prepared the movie, Kyuhyun chuckling knowingly as the opening scene of some fairy tale movie began playing.  Kibum would shush him childishly, “Appa! Shhhhhhhh, I wanna see Nemo!” or whatever characters were in the film.  Yesung would giggle and Kyuhyun couldn’t help but join him, his son giving both his parents a pointed look for disrupting his precious movie time.

The three of them would pick at the food slowly, more preoccupied with the movie and staying in a tight cuddle.  After a certain amount of time, Kibum would doze off, somewhere near the end but not so close to it that Kibum would not want to rewatch it the next week so that he could try to catch it.  So, Yesung, the ever prepared Umma that he was, would’ve brought a neatly folded blanket to the sofa and would drape it around the three of them at about the middle of the film. 

When the credits rolled, Yesung and Kyuhyun would barely be paying the movie any attention, more focused on kissing innocently and staring into each other’s eyes adoringly.  But, in his endless care for the small five year old child, Yesung would detach himself from Kyuhyun loving embrace to bring Kibum up to his room, giving Kyuhyun a small appeasing smile.  Kyuhyun would clean up in the meantime, usually in the best of moods by that time.  He had just spent a few hours cuddling with the people he loved most!  That was possibly the best feeling ever.

Yesung and Kyuhyun would eventually end up back in bed, snuggled in each other’s arms again.  Thursday was an innocent night, all of the time.  Maybe it was routine, maybe it was the serenity or maybe it was just all the love floating in the air. Thursday was a night they would just  stay wrapped up in each other’s warmth, usually giggling and chuckling about things that happened during the day, sneaking kisses here and there.

Kyuhyun loved Thursdays, it was a day to just drown himself in his family… it was a nice grounding to his life and it was the perfect reminder that he was happy and that Yesung was happy and that Kibum was happy and that was all that mattered.


 

***

 

WC: 1.6K

(Sorry this is so late ;~; I just had exams >.< But hope you liked it? :D)