Aftermath

Aftermath

Aftermath
 

 

It had been two weeks since Junhong had confessed to Yongguk and things had been going fine...at first.

 

You see, for the first week after the confession, Yongguk thought Junhong was simply going through a phase. It was something that would fade away and if he just acted like it never happened the two could live on just as they always had. And then the members found out, all thanks to Himchan "accidentally" looking in Junhong's journal. Yongguk expected what was going to come next was shock and disgust and he'd end up being stuck in the middle of a fight he'd really rather not be. And, well, there was shock, just not for the reasons he'd have expected. Himchan threw himself on the couch next to Yongguk, eyes wide, and started spluttering out words so fast that the older could just barely catch them.

 

"He's confessed!? He really confessed? Oh, my god, I didn't think he'd actually do it. I mean he'd mentioned it a few times, but he always talked himself out of it, and, wow, I just can't believe he had the guts to do it. So, what did you say? Are you guys dating now?"

 

Yongguk choked on his saliva and bolted up from his seat. "What are you saying?"

 

"Oh, I was talking a bit fast, wasn't I? I asked--"

 

"I know what you asked! How could you even ask that?"

 

Himchan pouted and pulled his feet onto the couch. "I thought it was a pretty sensible question."

 

"What is sensible about asking if me and Junhong are dating?"

 

"Well, he confessed. Wouldn't the next step be dating?"

 

Yongguk palmed his forehead and took a breath. "Do you really not see the ridiculousness in what you're asking? No, I am not dating Junhong."

 

"But...why not?" 

 

"He's sixteen, he's my band mate, he's a boy--"

 

"Age only matters if you're just looking to have with him. Even then, you can wait a year and a month, can't you? I mean, you've waited this long."

 

"'Waited this long?' What is that supposed to mean?"

 

"Who cares if he's your band mate? Wouldn't the fanservice make it easier for you guys to be together?"

 

"Seriously, Himchan, what the are you smoking?"

 

"Oh, testy, testy. Someone doesn't like the truth."

 

"What's going on?" a voice chimed from the doorway and Youngjae entered the room, Daehyun standing behind him.

 

"Junhong confessed to Yongguk," Jongup said, peeking out of another door and Yongguk snapped his head to the side, causing a pain to shoot up his neck.

 

"What the hell? You were eavesdropping on us? And where's Junhong? Isn't he with you?"

 

"I was simply overhearing the conversation. And no, he's not with me. I think he went to the park." 

 

Yongguk ran a hand through his hair indignantly and turned back to the others. Daehyun was still standing in the doorway, looking rather disinterested, and Youngjae had found a place on the couch, bouncing in place next to Himchan.

 

"Are you guys dating now?" Youngjae asked as Daehyun crossed the room to get to his own.

 

"What is wrong with you two? No, we're not!"

 

Youngjae went to speak just as the jingle of a doorknob tinkled into his ear and he clamped his mouth shut.

 

Junhong stumbled in, fumbling to take his shoes off, and offered a small hello to everyone in the room. Himchan gave a small sound of acknowledgment and Youngjae smiled at him sympathetically before he stood and followed Daehyun's steps to their room.

 

Yongguk, however, shifted uncomfortably. "Hey."

 

Oblivious to the conversation that'd just taken place, Junhong smiled innocently. "I picked up some movies on the way back. You guys want to watch them?"

 

"I actually have to go take a shower," Himchan answered, standing from the couch and striding off to the bathroom, but not before he paused momentarily to whisper in Yongguk's ear. "True love cannot be found where it truly does not exist, nor can it be hidden where it truly does."

 

And that's when everything turned horribly unpleasant. 

 

At first, the leader thought nothing much of the little things that started happening, how Daehyun accidentally tripped Junhong so he'd fallen into Yongguk, how Himchan forgot to tell the taxi driver to wait for the two, who were still inside, how Youngjae mistakenly gave Yongguk the wrong address and caused him and Junhong to be stranded at a hotel three hours away from the others.

 

Maybe, Yongguk thought, the events were just sticking out more because he knew Zelo liked him. Maybe he was just paying more attention to the situations he and Junhong found themselves in. Mishap after mishap, Yongguk thought up logical explanations for them, but after a week, even he couldn't deny the obvious.

 

"I know what you guys have been up to."

 

Daehyun, Youngjae, and Himchan were scrunched next to each other on the couch, only the eldest of the three having enough nerve to look Yongguk in the eye.

 

"I don't know what you're talking about," he said simply.

 

"Don't play dumb. Stop trying to set me and Zelo up."

 

"Well if you weren't being so difficult, we wouldn't have to."

 

"The only ones being difficult are you guys! Just leave Zelo and I alone."

 

Himchan threw his arms up in exasperation, nearly hitting Daehyun in the head when he brought them back down. "Why won't you at least try with him!?"

 

"How many times do we have to go over the same thing!?"

 

"'He's sixteen, he's my band mate, he's a boy.' So what!?"

 

Yongguk closed his eyes and rubbed his temples, trying to calm himself before he got too loud and woke Junhong up. "It's just a crush, Himchan. If you just leave it alone then it will go away."

 

A door flew open, making everyone in the living room jump and revealing a teary-eyed Junhong.

 

Yongguks face drained of color as he tried to stutter out the youngest's name. "D-did we wake you?"

 

"I was never asleep!" he yelled, pushing past Yongguk and impetuously slipping on his sneakers and out the door.

 

Realization quickly sunk in and Junhong was soon being followed down the corridor of their appartment. A hand curled around his wrist and he twisted around harshly. "It's not going away, hyung! It's not just a crush!" His face was already stained with tears, his cheeks flushed. "Are my feelings that bothersome?"

 

"Yes! They are, okay!? I don't want you to be in love with me! You can't be in love with me!"

 

"I already am! I'm already in love with the idiot who won't even acknowledge my feelings." Tears continued to roll down his cheeks and he struggled feebly against the other's grip.

 

"Please," Yongguk pleaded, "don't be in love with me."

 

Junhong tried again to escape the other's hold, shaking his arm roughly. "I can't help how I feel. I can't not be in love with you." He gave up on trying to free himself and sunk to the floor. "Why can't I be in love with you?" He just barely choked out the words, not sure if they were audible until he heard a reply.

 

"Because I don't think I'm strong enough to refuse you."

 

It took a moment to realize what the other had said, to notice that fingers were no longer encircling his wrist. He stumbled to his feet and searched Yongguk's face for an explanation. "What?"

 

"If you keep liking me," he rephrased, "I don't think I'd be able to refuse you."

 

"Then kiss me."

 

Confused eyes darted up from the floor. "What?"

 

"I won't stop liking you, so you may as well stop refusing now rather than la--"

 

Junhong's words were lost against Yongguk's mouth, which had sealed to his in a hungry kiss. It took exactly no time at all for him to respond, his eyelids fluttering shut and his lips melding perfectly to the other's. Yongguk's tongue tentatively probed along the edges of Junhong's mouth and was quickly granted access, earning a whimper of approval upon entry. Junhong was soon pressed again the wall, his hands s into the older boy's hair. He pulled back warily, meeting a pair of glazed eyes.

 

"Still sure you don't want me to like you?"

 

A breathy laugh filled the air as hands slid over Junhong's lower back. "I may still need some convincing."

 

With a smirk, Junghong leaned forward to place a chaste kiss on Yongguk's lips. "I think I'm a good fit for the job."

 

 

[A/N: This is my first time writing a kiss scene and I also didn't proof read this because it's past two in the morning and I'm dead tired. OTL]