Chapter 27

After All This Time

 

 

 

 Your POV

 

After Mrs. Lee left the class, our Humanities teacher, Mr. Park entered the room and gave us a crooked smile. He’s a faculty member of the Arts Department, and is the advisory teacher of the Drama Club. He always wore skinny sleeves partnered with a bright necktie under his collar. In some days, he would wear glittered or lacy scarf and plop it over his shoulders. Mr. Park is a not a typical teacher because he tends to act feminine unlike the other male teachers in the faculty. Yeah, you know the word.

 

“Good morning, Four As!” he exclaimed, giving his signature greeting in a bombastic manner.

 

“Good morning, sunsaengnim!” we replied back and grinned.

 

He placed his file on the table and took a moment to brush his invisible long hair behind his ears. We chuckled at his action. Aigoo, funny teacher. Mr. Park leaned his on the edge of the table and looked at us with a raised eyebrow.

 

“So, I think you’re old enough to know what this month’s biggest event, right?” he asked us. We all nodded. “This month is the Arts Department Annual Festival. Since most of you here are the leaders, or else officers of your distinct clubs, I would like to grasp this opportunity to tackle and plan about your events for this upcoming festival. This year, the Arts Department had chosen the Angel’s Home of the Ages to benefit the funding. Who would like to make a suggestion for the activities we’ll conduct?”

 

Minhyuk, the multimedia club president rose up his hand. “Yes, Minhyuk-shi?”

 

The chinky-eyed boy got up from his seat and spoke out his thought. “Just like last year, I would suggest that we should still have the film showing. In this way, we can sell tickets and raise fund without spending too much money from the capital.”

 

Some of my classmates murmured in agreement.

 

Then Luhan also rose up his hand. Wait, he doesn’t even belong to the Arts Department. He’s an athlete. Why is he raising his hand?

 

“Oh, Mr. Xi? You wanted to tell something?” Mr. Park asked him.

 

Luhan nodded and got up from his chair. He cleared his throat before speaking, “Erm, I know it may sound intruding because I’m not from the Arts Department. But I would like to contribute somehow,” he said shyly. Mr. Park smiled and urged him to continue speaking. Luhan nodded, “Since Minhyuk suggested the film showing, I would volunteer to lend you some movies from my shop. Free of charge.”

 

Minhyuk smiled at his remark and agreed, mouthing the older one thank you. The multimedia club president looked back at facing Mr. Park to see his reaction.

 

The teacher shrugged. “Well, a film showing is a good idea. Thanks Minhyuk, and Luhan for your kindness. I’ll tell your ideas to the heads later. You can take your sit.” The two guys nodded and sat back. “Anyone else?”

 

The long and black haired Kaiko rose up her hand and stood up. “Can I suggest a horror house? I think it’s really fun!” and then she smirked evilly. We shivered at her words. Kaiko is known for her fond of watching horror movies, and she’s literally obsessed with them. The look on her face is really creepy that the temperature suddenly turned chilly.

 

The class abruptly disagreed. “No! It’s a school festival, Kaiko! Not a Halloween!” Misoo yelped.

 

Mr. Park smiled at the girl and motioned her to sit down. “Thank you for the suggestion, Kaiko, but Misoo is right. This is a school festival. Not a Halloween convention.”

 

Kaiko swiftly crouched down on her chair, giving Mr. Park a death glare.

 

Mr. Park gulped in grudge. This girl is really scary. He faced us again with a bright smile. “How about this…” he jumped up so he can sit on the table and intertwined his legs like a poised woman. “Last Friday, the faculty discussed about this event and we thought a stage play might be a good idea.”

 

“What stage play? A drama, or a musical?” Kibum, a journalism club member asked in honorifics.

 

“We thought a musical might be better so members from the drama club, singing and dance club can participate. It’ll be a collaboration of all clubs in our department. And each of you should make a contribution.”

 

“Sounds good to me.” Yoseob said. He’s the president of the singing club. “It’ll be a breakthrough for us to showcase our talent to the student body.”

 

Taemin, the president of dancing club rose up his hand too, agreeing. “I like that too. It sounds really fun.”

 

Sulli laughed. “Yes, a musical play is a great idea. I like it too!” she, the drama club president clapped her hands in glee.

 

“So, you all like the musical for the main course of this festival?” Mr. Park asked, ensuring.

 

“NEH!” we all responded back.

 

The teacher grinned and took his pad to write down the plan. “This is great. Okay, we’ll have the musical!” My classmates cheered in anticipation. Mr. Park faced us and said, “Since I had mentioned that all clubs should participate, I’ll allot you this time the tasks you need to fulfill in order for this musical to be put in action. The department will use the money we gathered from last year’s left-over. The three clubs: Drama, Singing and Dancing will fill up the cast for this musical. We’ll discuss about the choice of story first before we’ll held the auditions for the characters. And for the other clubs,” Mr. Park flipped his note. “Ah, Jung Misoo?”

 

“Neh, sunsaengnim?” my best friend responded.

 

“Since you’re the only member here from the fashion designing club, I’ll give you the responsibility for making the costumes.”

 

“Yes, sir!” Misoo saluted.

 

“Jaein? You’re the president of the photography club so I’ll give you the responsibility for the photo shoots of the cast.”

 

“Okay, Mr. Park.” I said and jolt down the notes.

 

“After the photo shoots, the multimedia club will do the editing and printing of the banners. We’ll promote this musical play not as an exclusive but to the residents of Gyeongpo too. In this way, we can invite audience from the outside school too. Minhyuk, roger that?”

 

“Yes, sunsaengnim. We’ll do that.” Minhyuk nodded.

 

“And lastly, uhm, Yifan?” Mr. Park called.

 

Yifan blinked and eyed the teacher expectantly. “Sir?”

 

“Your club will do the stage backdrops and props. I’ll assign you that.” Mr. Park said.

 

I gawked at my friend. “Whoah, Yifan is daebak. You’re just a transferee but look at how high the teachers look up on you. You’re incredible, man!” I gave him thumbs up and he scoffed.

 

“I’m the only member of painting club here, Jaein. Don’t you say that,” he said mockingly.

 

I poked his arm and teasingly pouted. “Eishh, still denial.”

 

Yifan raised an eyebrow and chuckled. “Aigoo, Jaein-ah…” he said, shaking his head.

 

 


 

 

 

First update of the week. This is just a quick update guys. Sorry, I was suppose to post this yesterday but my internet connection suddenly shuts down. I'll update more chapters soon so stay tuned.

 

PS: My new one-shot is coming out soon. Wait until I'll finish it! ^_^