Be Nice?

The Ex-Girlfriend

“There! There! Aish…” I jabbed my index finger on her forehead. “That’s the exact word she called me! That M word! Ughhh.”

She blinked and burst into laughter, doubling over once in a while. What the. Are you insulting me? She was trying to say something but because of too much laughter, she had to compose herself.

“What? Why are you laughing!!!” I pulled my brows together and took the icepack from her. I pressed it hard on her nose and hammered it onto her head.

“Oww oww oww, Byunbaek! Stop this!” She tried to steal the icepack from me, but I didn’t let her. You deserve this, loser. “It’s true! You’re a midget! Can’t you get more immature?”

“What did you say?” I widened my eyes. Did she just call me, the handsome and cool Byun Baekhyun, a midget and immature?

“I’m not saying it again.” She stuck her tongue out and her cold aura was back. “Whoever that girl is, we should plan to meet soon. She’s one lucky girl.”

“Oh yeah? I’m sure she missed out. I don’t se—“

“The fact that she’s not going to marry you, that makes her the luckiest girl on the planet.” She cut me off. This sharp-tongued loser. She’s going to regret all of this. Everything.

 

No one’s POV

“Baekhyun! You’re back.” Luhan sprang up from the couch when Baekhyun arrived. The rest of the EXO-M members went up to greet and bombard him with questions.

“Where were you?”

“I heard from the boys that you’re getting married.”

“Who’s the unlucky girl?”

“Shut up, Chen. Who’s the lucky girl?”

“Does she like Gucci? And shopping? And strolling on the beach… alone?”

“Does she play Angry Birds?”

“What are you guys saying?” Baekhyun gave them a weird look and shoved them off his way. “Let’s not talk about her. I’m stressed.”

“How about we eat bacon and eggs, huh?” Chanyeol grinned and pulled Baekhyun to the couch.

“Baek, it’s not fair. You should tell us about your future wife!!!” Xiumin wiggled his eyebrows convincingly.

“She’s Kai-hyung’s bestfriend!” Sehun chimed, “That’s all we know about her since she doesn’t really talk to us. And… we met her just four days ago.”

‘Kai’s bestfriend?’ Luhan thought, making him close the gap between his two eyebrows. ‘Me and Tamin are the only bestfriends of Kai. He’s not getting married to Tae—oh shoot Sooji.’

“You’re going to marry someone you just met four days ago?” Chen’s eyes widened and he squeezed in between Baekhyun and Chanyeol. He took Baekhyun by the shoulders and shook him, “Are you crazy? You just met the girl four days ago! Why are yo—“

“I met her five days ago, hyung.” Baekhyun retorted.

“Five days ago! Still! Why are you going to marry her?” He yelled, scolding his dongsaeng. “Do you th—“

“It’s an arranged marriage, okay?” Baekhyun chuckled. “No need to get stressed out on it. On the contrary, she’s stressing me. Big time.”

“What’s her name?” Luhan asked. He already knew the answer. But he didn’t want to believe himself. ‘No, please. I hope it’s not Sooji. Not her, please. Lord, Don’t make it Sooji. I’m sti—‘

“Lee Sooji.” Baekhyun answered flatly.

BOOM.

“Dammit.” Luhan muttered low, “Ohh…”

Kai smirked with his arms crossed.

“She’s Lee Sooman’s only daughter.” Baekhyun guffawed and leant his back on the arm rest. Luhan’s eyes widened and tuned out on Baekhyun as he kept talking and talking and ranting about you.

‘Sooji’s Lee Sooman’s daughter?’ He mentally scoffed, totally regretting what he had done two years ago. He didn’t really want to break up with you. Not even insult or hurt your heart. It’s just that, he had to push you away and he had no other idea but insulting you.

It broke his heart when he left you. And if you were to compare, he was much more broken compared to you. He was an emotional wreck. He always dwelled on the fact that he is an ambitious selfish jerk, breaking up with you to be an idol.

He had sleepless nights. And in those nights, all he could do was cry and reminisce the good old times of you and him. And he prayed it would happen again. But after debuting with Exo, maybe it wasn’t a bad decision after all. However, you still had a special place in heart. And whenever he hadn’t thought about it, you would subtly enter his mind.

“If I hadn’t broken up with her…” He sighed.

“Broken up with who?” Lay appeared behind him and asked.

Baekhyun suddenly stopped talking. “Luhan hyung, you had a girlfriend?”

“Xiao Lu gege has a girlfriend?” Sehun widened his eyes, “How come I don’t know about this?”

“Uhh… well…” Luhan scratched his nape, “When did I say that?”

“I heard you sa—“ Lay was cut off when the door on Kai and D. O.’s room slammed shut. Lay raised his eyebrow and pointed to the shut door, “Was that Kai?”

D. O. shrugged.

“What’s his problem?” Baekhyun snorted and continued ranting about his fiancée.

“I’ll check up on him… wait.” Luhan excused himself and entered inside Kai and D. O.’s room. As soon as he entered the room, Kai pushed him and pinned him, shutting the door.

“YOU!” He gritted his teeth, looking obviously mad at Luhan. His hands gripped tightly on Luhan shoulder as he glared at him intensely. One of his hands let go of Luhan’s shoulder and curled into a fist. “T-the n-nerve of y-y-you!”

“J-jo-jongin…” Luhan croaked. “I-I’m s-sorry. I-I want to apologize to her a—“

“It’s no use okay!” Kai growled at him, subconsciously sprinkling some of his saliva on Luhan. Luhan looked away and wiped his face with the sleeve of his shirt. “Don’t go anywhere near her.”

“But why? I just want to apologize.”

“Just don’t! She’s… happy now.” Kai sighed, “You don’t have to go and ruin her again.”

“She wasn’t the only one. I was hurt too. I was ruined. You think I wanted to break up with her?” Luhan yelled and tears threatened to fall from his eyes. “I admit, I was wrong. I was wrong for breaking up with her.”

“I’m not fussed ou-“

“It’s her fault too! Ig she told me that she’s Lee Sooma—“

“That’s it!” Kai smirked and punched Luhan in the face. He let go of him and ran into his bed, slipping into the covers, hiding. Oh Kim Jongin. “Hyung, you’re my bestfriend. And Sooji’s my bestfriend too. So, it’s the best for the two of you not to meet.”

“What the hell…” Luhan mumbled. He touched his bruised cheek and wanted to get revenge but seeing how cute Kai was, hiding under the sheets made him chuckle softly. “I’ll still apologize to her, no matter what.”

And with that, Luhan his heels, opened the door and left the room.

“So… what happened to your face, Lu?” Kris asked as soon as he saw Luhan’s bruise on the cheek. “Did Kai punch you?”

“I deserve it anyway.” He smiled bitterly.

“Is Kai’s noona your ex-girlfriend?” Xiumin asked in a muffled voice, because he had a steamed bun stuck in his mouth.

Luhan shook his head.

 


 

 

“I thought Sooji was here…” Chanyeol frowned as soon as they entered their practice room. Whenever they came, they would usually see Sooji sleeping on the couch.

If they didn’t know any better, they would’ve thought that Sooji sleeps here.

But, who knows?

“Sorry hyungs, you won’t be meeting Baekhyun hyung’s fiancée today. Try your luck next time you come back to Korea.” Sehun snickered, giving a pathetic pat on Xiumin’s head.

“Tch… I’ll wushu her when we come back.” Tao gritted his teeth.

‘Talk about bad luck. Last time I checked I had no birthmark in my . What’s happening now?’ Luhan thought to himself. He really wanted to see you. To apologize. And maybe, more than that.

 “She’s not answering her phone, either.” Kai shook his head.

Hours and hours passed and soon, it was time for EXO-M to travel to the airport. Luhan sighed. He sure missed the chance of apologizing to her.

“Jongin…” He walked up to Kai.

“I know what you want.” Kai hissed, “No. You’re not getting her number. Go back to China and stuff yourself with Nian gao.”

But where was Sooji, really?

She is at home, lying on her bed for the past sixteen hours. Ever since she found out from the internet that EXO-M was here, she panicked. EXO-M meant Luhan. And she needed to prepare for their first encounter after two years, twenty four days, sixteen hours, 33 seconds and counting…. 32… 31…. Eh?

And after sixteen hours, she has devised a lot of plans from A-Z and Aa-Zz. In summary, she was beyond ready to meet Luhan. However, the problem was which plan is she going to use?

“Plan A sounds nice… but L looks better…. no it’s definitely Q!” She scratched her head in confusion. “But Z… Wait… G ma—Oh dear toilet plungers!”

“What plan am I supposed to follow?” You screamed and ruffled your hair in stress. You haven’t even took a bath, took breakfast, lunch and dinner because you were busy planning. Suddenly, an idea popped into your brain. “Jongin!”

You fished out your phone under your pillow and searched for Kai’s number.

“KAI! KIM JONGIN! JINGINA! KIMLEELU ANSWER ME DOOFUS!” You yelled to your phone as it kept ringing. Finally, the ringing stopped and Kai answered the call.

“Sooji! Yah! Where were you?” Kai’s eyes perked up. “We were looking for you eve—“

“I’m at home. Jongin, help me please!” You pleaded, “I really need your help.”

“Mhmm…”

“You see, I devised plans because I heard EXO-M is here in Seoul. So I’m going to meet Luhan! Now, I have plans but I don’t know which one to use. I have 52 plans written out, right now. Help me!!!” You pouted, “I really can decide.”

“Let me help you, Soojina.” Kai smirked, “They already left.”

Your eyes widened and your mouth hung low.

“What do you mean?” You asked him, “They left? You mean, they’re not in Seoul right now?”

“Correctomundo. Now, you don’t need to stress yourself deciding on what plan to use.” He chuckled, only making you pissed.

“I hate you!” You yelled at him, “I haven’t taken a bath, taken breakfast, lunch, and dinner and snacks because I was planning the whole day! Now you’re telling me that they left?”

“Not my problem, Soojina.”

“And stop calling me Soojina! You don’t deserve it. I hate you Kim Jongin. And this is Byun Baekhyun’s fault! Ugh…” You growled and ended the call. You threw your phone on the other side of the room and kicked your legs on the bed. “AAAAAHHHHHH! I wasted sixteen hours for nothing! I hate you!”

 

Baekhyun’s POV

“So… uhmm, do we really have to rush things out?” I heard her ask her father. Not that I’m eavesdropping but, my ears get interested whenever I hear whispers. 

We were inside the conference room and this clown-looking wedding planner was flipping through pages of wedding magazines. I swear, she looks creepy everything she spots something that delights her and she’d run to us saying ‘Oh this looks good! It accentuates…’ And all that blah, blah and blah.

“What do you think of this, Baekhyunnie?” The wedding planner came up to me and showed me the magazine. She batted her long faux eyelashes in anticipation and I couldn’t help but get distracted. Her faux eyelashes were like 10 centimeters long.

Oh, wait. She called me Baekhyunnnie. You pedo.

“Are you a e?” Sooji snapped and cocked her head towards the wedding planner’s direction. Thanks for saving my , Sooji. “That looks good? Are you kidding me?”

“I’m so—“ She looked down and bit her lip that looked like it was painted with red, orange, yellow, and green lipstick.

“Look here, maybe it’s time you introduce your upper lip to your lower lip and shut up, okay?” Sooji gave her a sarcastic smile. She took one of the magazines from the table and flipped through. “Don’t you have later issues than this? Soo… old… fashioned.”

Mean.

She’s really mean.

Okay, she saved my and all but she didn’t have to insult her. She really has to do something with her attitude.  Maybe I can help her.

 

Your POV

I’m having a bad day after last night. Of course, who wouldn’t get pissed? If you planned and prepared hard for something and then all of a sudden, your plans will be put to no use just because I’m too late, wouldn’t you get pissed?

And Jongin, he was laughing like an idiot.

Does he think it’s funny?

Now, this wedding planner dressed like some model wannabe be with her face caked with lots and lots of makeup making her look like a clown, is flirting with my fiancé. Okay, hold your intestines. I’m not jealous, okay. Just that, I’m pissed and all then she shows up and ruins my day.

I just don’t like anyone getting near what is mine.

Baekhyun is mine. Got that?

Speaking of the devil, this ugly poopoo dog suddenly grabbed my wrist and dragged me out of the conference room. If I didn’t knew myself well, I would really think that I am a suitcase with all this dragging.

“What do you want?” I pried my wrist off. I’m going to get my hand amputated a week after our marriage.

“A favor.”

“Flavor? Ice cream?” I crinkled my nose, and folded my arms. “I’m not treating you, okay!”

“ARE YOU DEAF!” He fumed at me, “I’m going to ask you a favor. Favor! Do I still need to spell it ou—“

“Oh, favoe.” I nodded, rolling my eyes at him. “So…?”

“Be nice.”

I scoffed.

I’m nice enough.

“What?”

“Be nice. I want you to be nice.” Baekhyun smiled. Okay, this is getting creepy.

“To you?” I snorted and shook my head, “Look, the marriage contract isn’t some kind of truce, okay? We’re not e—“

“I want you to be nice to everyone.” He firmly stated. And, I swear this is the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard. Am I that bad? Well, I could be mean, yes. But, do I need to be nice?

“Are you kidding me?” I gave him an incredulous look. “No way.”

“Everyone but me.” He grinned. Seems like he’s serious about this. What did I do wrong?

“I was nice to your parents, why are you asking me this all of a sudden?” I whined. Honestly, I was very nice to his parents. I tried to be polite and respectful for the very first time. See? I even bothered making a good impression. I saved his from his parents and from that flirty clown-looking wedding organizer.

“Because you have to. I’m thankful that you saved me earlier, but you didn’t have to insult her.” Baekhyun was clearly trying to reprimand me. Do you know that I hate getting reprimanded?

“I’m not going to be nice. Look, Baek…”

“At least try.” Baekhyun pleaded. And perhaps he knew he wasn’t going to win in this argument, so he crossed his arms and leaned back. “Fine. I demand you to be nice.”

WAT?

“Alright.” I gave up. Fine, you win.

I’m too lazy to argue anyway.

Besides, it’s not like I can’t fool him. I can just say yes but do otherwise. Great thinking, Sooji.

Baekhyun smirked in victory.

Whatever.

 


A/N: There! Long update! Foot long oolong longboard longer long long long XD Guys have you seen EXO-K Midgets' cosmopolitan scans?? THEY'RE ALL SO GORGEOUS AND HANDSOME!! BAEK ODG T____T Baekhyun + Krystal ////3 I admit, they do look good but it breaks my heart so... I don't ship them . Sorry hohohooh ><

@ParkHeera: Wahaha timang! XDXD Japanese kaya yung Yakult =))) Pero hoooy favorite ko yun ^^ 

@an0nymous: orly? what if the girl is.... me? or you? lmao XDD she won't be revealed. i'm just playing around lels. nicknames? i'll think about it. and joohyun the troll won't be here... i guess? odg abbie what are you saying? you're killing luhan!!! AGREED! YAKULT IS HEAVEN!

@pandagirl753: HAHAHHA THANK YOU! <33