2

Exodom: Twin's Journey

It took them three hours to finish strolling in Myeongdong and went to a pojangmacha* to eat Korea’s popular street food, Ddeokbokki. After a hearty set of ddeokbokki and kimbap, they went home and showed to each other their newly bought stuffs.

Hyunjae didn’t buy anything but instead showed his twin sisters a contact number and assumed it was from the niece of the shop owner he was hitting on. With a smug expression from his face, he earned the praise from the twins. Next was Jaeyoon.

Jaeyoon didn’t hesitate to open the small plastic bag she was holding and showed Eunji two pieces of bracelet from what it seemed to be brought from the Antique Shop. Eunji couldn’t take her eyes off at the golden, dragon bracelet that her sister was holding. She was in a trance during the process and came back to her senses when Jaeyoon lightly slapped her face.

“oww…” Eunji winced and rubbed the spot Jaeyoon had slapped her. “What was that for?”

“For a moment back there, I thought I lost you.” Jaeyoon commented, trying to hold back from crying.

Eunji looked at her sister in bafflement and elbowed her brother, Hyunjae, totally clueless on what was happening. “What’s wrong with Jaeyoon, Oppa?” but her brother just shrugged to her question, shamelessly admitted that he has no clue and that the last thing he observed was that Jaeyoon was showing them the bracelet.

“Nevermind what I said earlier, Eunji-ah.” Jaeyoon spoke which stopped Eunji’s attempts to ask more questions to Hyunjae or even to herself.

Thinking that the bracelet will make Eunji go into a trance again, she hid the bracelet and showed the other bracelet. This one wasn’t coated in gold but a dark shade of crimson instead. In contrast to the dragon bracelet, whose mouth was placed with a jade, this one was of flowery shape and very feminine in appearance.

However, the moment Eunji saw her sister wearing the bracelet; she saw a spark of red light surrounding to her sister. She rubbed her eyes, thinking it was just an imagination but to her surprise, the red light was still there. What scared her most is that, the light formed a face but she cannot distinguish if it’s a guy or girl but just the thought of a weird light forming face had sent chills down to her spine, causing Eunji to jolt up in the sofa. 

“What in the world?!” Eunji stammered and ran to her room, not minding Jaeyoon and Hyunjae’s weird looks thrown at her.

 

smallXsmallline.gif

 

For some weird reason, Eunji started rummaging under Jaeyoon’s bed. And when she found a CD of Fushigi Yuugi, she didn’t hesitate to put it in the DVD player.

“Like I said…I saw a bird and it led me here.” Miaka explained but Yui wasn’t convinced at her bestfriend’s telltale.

“how could there be a bird inside the library, Miaka?” Yui asked in a nonchalant manner; thinking that her bestfriend since kindergarten was just imagining things.

Still determined to convince her bestfriend that what she saw was real, a book dropped in a near shelf, just a few inches away from them. The two of them looked at each other, pair of eyes full of curiosity and picked up the book.

And when Yui remarked that the book was a Japanese translation from a Chinese Legend, the book began to glow a bright, red light.

The same light that surrounded Jaeyoon.

The next thing Eunji saw, the two girls in the story were now transported inside the book.

 

 

*knock*

*knock*

Oh Shoot!

Eunji immediately took the CD out of the player and returned it back before opening the door. Jaeyoon was standing in front of her, eyes filled with concern.

“We need to talk.” Said the older twin but was stopped by Eunji from going inside.

“You’re acting weird, Eunji. What is wrong with you?” Jaeyoon asked angrily, arms now folded across her chest.

“Nothing’s wrong with me, unnie. I’m fine!” Eunji replied and to assure her sister that nothing’s going on, she nodded her head violently.

“Liar,” Jaeyoon smirked and shove her away and locked the door. “Spill it out, Lee Eunji.”

Eunji knew that when Jaeyoon starts calling her by her full name, it literally means ‘don’t play games with me or you shall face your own demise’. Crazy right? But that’s how Jaeyoon is: cheerful and an airhead and the next minute, she’s now your biggest nightmare.

“I saw a red light surrounding you when you wore the crimson bracelet. I thought I was just imagining things but when I double checked, it was still there.” Eunji confessed.

 

 

As expected, Jaeyoon didn’t utter a single word and stood still.

 

**********************************************

Author's Note: I seriously need more ideas for this story. ;n; my creativity level is not helping at all. ;~; so, if you have suggestions; don't hesitate to drop by the wallpost. T.T It to know that i've been writing fics for the last *counts* 4 years and i haven't completed a fic throughout these years. OTL gdi why am i venting here? loool sorry my subbies. T_T

*Pojangmacha (ⁿ): refers to small tented restaurants on wheels, or street stalls in South Korea which sell a variety of popular street foods such as hotteokgimbaptteokbokkisundaeodeng, and anju (dishes accompanied with drinking). It literally means "covered wagon" in Korean.