Chapter 3

Dear Diary

"Excuse me?" 

 

"One second." 

 

"Of course." Ami looked around, holding her papers close. She tried extra hard to look exceptional. A neat pencil skirt, a freshly ironed blue blouse. She felt so mature in her heels. 

 

"May I help you?" the receptionist looked at Ami with an expressionless face.

 

"Uhm, yes. I was offered an internship here, and-"

 

"One moment." the woman interrupted and picked up the phone. "What's your name?"

 

"Ami Elson." she smiled brightly. The receptionist starting talking softly and quickly into the phone. Ami looked around some more and heard the elevator ding open.

 

"And then I said, hey at least it wasn't my shirt!" someone came out of the elevator laughing hysterically into a cell phone. Ami shook her head and returned her attention to the receptionist. 

 

"Miss Elson, please take the elevator up to the fourth floor, you will meet with a manager in room 407." she looked back down and started writing furiously.

 

"Thank you." Ami waited a moment but got no response. She nodded and walked quickly over to the elevator. She pressed the button and the doors chimed and opened right away. She stepped in and was about to press the '4' button when she heard heavy footsteps click against the marble floor. 

 

"Hold the elevator!" a powerful voice called out. Ami held the button to keep the doors open until the figure was safely inside. "Thanks." it was a boy. He was tall and leaned back against the railing screwed into the walls. He reached up to his face and removed his sunglasses. "Wow, I'm exhausted." he laughed and ran a hand through his shiny caramel hair. Ami turned to look at the guy and started choking on her breath. "Hey hey, you okay?" he asked. 

 

"Yeah, dry throat." Ami laughed.

 

"Haven't seen you around here." the boy grinned. 

 

"I just came." the girl returned a smile. 

 

"From where?" 

 

"Oh. New York." she pulled a lock of her light brown hair over her shoulder. 

 

"Wow. Oh...I'm...Lee Jinki. SHINee's Leader, also known as Onew." he extended a hand.

 

"Ami Elson." she hesitantly took his hand, her inner voice screaming in shock.

 

"Ami."

 

"Oh, this is my floor!" Ami bit her lip and hurried out. 

 

"I'm getting off here too. Where are you headed? I'll walk you."

 

"Aren't you busy? I mean I can find it myself, and all."

 

"You're in Korea. Hospitality is number one." he smiled. "Come on. Where are you headed?"

 

"Room 407."

 

"407? That's..." Onew nodded his head. "I guess I'll be seeing quite a bit of you." he smirked. 

 

"Huh?" 

 

"That's my manager's office. I'm headed there now...we have a meeting...with...oh you'll see." 

 

"Oh?" Ami blinked and followed the idol down the hall silently. She was surprised he couldn't hear her soul chanting in triumph.

 

"Here we are." Onew opened the door and a wave of craze and noise poured into the hall. "Ya! Can't you guys ever be quiet?!" he entered. Oh boy.