The Couple Necklace

Love Song; A Oneshot Collection
chapter one 
the couple necklace
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Yoona was combing her silky black hair while humming to EXO’s Angel. She then applied light make up, she was stunningly attractive even without make up but this just made her prettier. Luhan, her enemy and classmate was staring at her; Luhan’s best friend saw this and decided to . Sehun knowing that Luhan seems to be interested in Yoona became a little kid who likes to tease his hyung.
 
“Luhan hyung!” He messed his hair and pulled a seat beside Luhan.
 
“What now, Sehun?” Luhan asked annoyed as he took his eyes off Yoona.
 
“I saw you staring at Yoona noona,” Sehun smirked.
 
“I’m not, why would I like her?” Luhan said.
 
“I didn’t say you like her, you are the one who said that,” Sehun teased.
 
“She’s not even pretty to begin with,” Luhan rolled his eyes.
 
“You’re the only one who thinks that way, Yoona’s one of the most popular, prettiest, smartest and richest students here. Who wouldn’t like her? She was even my crush way back before,” Sehun smiled.
 
“She’s not my type. One, she’s not pretty. Two, I hate her alligator mouth. Three, she’s unlady like. Four, I hate her,” Luhan said.
 
Unknowingly, Yoona was behind him and heard their conversation. Yoona was holding a bottle of lotion and poured it all to Luhan. Sehun gasped in shock.
 
“You hate me huh? I hate you more,” Yoona said sarcastically and walked away.
 
“That !” Luhan was furious. He got up and went to the locker room. While on his way, he heard the students’ whisper.
 
‘Did Luhan oppa and Yoona unnie fight again?’
 
‘They look perfect together but they hate each other,’
 
‘When will the two of them be together?’
 
Luhan just continued walking and saw their friends.
 
“Luhan, what happened?” Sooyoung asked her, while Kris held her hand.
 
“Ask your best friend,” Luhan walked away.
 
“Did they fight again?” Sooyoung asked Kris.              
 
“Let’s just not mind their business, this always happens,” Kris said.
 
“Maybe he made another move for Yoona to hate him more. I miss the old Yoona who would stalk Luhan and secretly giggle when she sees Luhan doing something cute,” Sooyoung forced a smile.
 
“That was way before Luhan found out Yoona likes him,” Kris pulled Sooyoung to an embrace.
 
“Let’s just go back,” Kris said and lead Sooyoung to their classroom.
 
****
 
Yoona went back to their classroom holding a can of soft drink; her eyes grew big as she saw their friends arms crossed and glaring at her. She knew something happened.
 
“What?” She asked innocently and sipped her drink.
 
“Give this to Luhan,” Sooyoung gave her Luhan’s spare uniform.
 
“What? You can give it to him, I’m not doing it,” She said as she placed his uniform on his table and headed to her seat.
 
“You are the one who poured lotion on him,” Kris reasoned out.
 
“Then? It doesn’t mean I needed to say sorry to him. He always says bad things about me, since that day came. I changed for him but he never seen it,” She said not looking at them. Taeyeon snatched Yoona’s drink.
 
“YAH!” Yoona stood up and Sehun gave her Luhan’s spare uniform.
 
“Now go, Luhan’s in the locker room,” Kris pushed her out of the room. Yoona stomped her feet, annoyed due to her friends.
 
“Why do I have to do this?!” She walked to the locker room.
 
“Are you sure Yoona and Luhan won’t fight again?” Sooyoung asked Kris.
 
“Let’s just think they won’t. Do you know what I think?” Kris smiled as Sooyoung. They gathered their friends and decided to stalk the two.
 
****
 
Yoona arrived in front of the locker room. She knocked on the door, three times.
 
“Luhan-ah! Luhan-ah!” She called. There’s no response, she turned the knob and went inside.
 
“Luhan-ah!” She kept on calling him. Luhan came out of the shower room, drying his hair. Yoona’s eyes were fixed on Luhan’s well-toned abs. Luhan’s body seems to be seducing her.
 
“Like what you see?” He asked. Yoona’s cheeks flushed red.
 
“There are more boys that have better body than yours!” Yoona blurted out. Luhan smirked and looked at Yoona.
 
“But are you saying my body is good?” Luhan asked.
 
“Just change now!” Yoona gave him his uniform but even before she took a step she slipped. She expected her head to hit the floor but a strong pair of arms caught her before hitting the floor. Luhan hugged her tightly; Yoona opened her eyes only to see Luhan’s face centimeters away from her. Her hands were placed on Luhan’s chest.
 
“Luhan, “Yoona whispered.
 
“Yoona, please just for a moment,” Luhan hugged her tightly and leaned towards her and kissed her lips. Yoona just stared there shocked. She didn’t expect that to happen. She pushed Luhan away and he fell on the ground. Yoona ran away, tears falling from her eyes. She’s crying not because Luhan stole her first kiss but because she thinks Luhan is just playing with her. She doesn’t want to hope that someday Luhan will like her back. She just heard it a few minutes ago that he hated her and just now, he hugged her.
 
“Yoona you’re such a fool!” She hit herself. Unknowingly, their stalker-like circle of friends saw what happened.
 
“I thought they’ll be together,” Sehun pouted.
 
“Sehun, does Luhan like her?” Sooyoung glared at Sehun. Sehun looked away and started walking away to avoid Sooyoung’s question. Sooyoung being sometimes violent, she grabbed Sehun’s uniform and pulled him towards her friends.
 
“Answer me, Oh Sehun!” Sooyoung glared at him. Sehun just shook his head.
 
“ANSWER ME!”
 
“YES! LUHAN HYUNG LIKES YOONA NOONA SO MUCH!” Sehun placed his hands to cover his mouth after he said the words. Sooyoung stepped back shocked from Sehun’s answer. She didn’t expect Luhan to like her best friend.
 
“Are you telling the truth, Sehun?” Suho asked him.
 
“Yes, Luhan hyung liked her after he knew that she likes him. But I wonder why he kept on teasing and make fun of noona,” Sehun said.
 
“Guys! Luhan’s coming, let’s go,” Taeyeon said. They walked fast.
 
“Are you sure you recorded all of it?” Taeyeon asked Suho.
 
“Affirmative,” He winked.
 
Taeyeon smiled so widely. Luhan walked to their room while fixing his neck tie. He entered their room only to see Yoona, sleeping.
 
‘She really likes to sleep huh?’ He thought.
 
****
 
The classes just ended, Yoona hurriedly fixed her things and walked out of the room. Luhan sensed that Yoona is avoiding him, so he decided to follow her.
 
“Yoona!” He shouted as he grabbed her arm.
 
“WHAT?!” Luhan’s eyes widened to hear Yoona yelling at him.
 
“I just remembered, we are being called by Mr. Lee,” He lied. Actually, it’s half lie, half truth.
 
“Why?” She asked.
 
“I don’t know,” He replied.
 
“Luhan, you better not be joking or else I’ll break your neck,” She warned and walked ahead. Luhan just remained silent and followed her. He was staring at the goddess-like figure that he likes so much. He tends to tease, annoy and show that he hates her but he just wanted her attention. He did liked her since he knew she likes him, but now he’s starting to doubt if she still likes him but it’s his fault though, she took everything seriously. The two finally arrived in Mr. Lee’s office.
 
“Luhan and Yoona, you are here. I just heard the two of you got in a fight together again. I just wanted to fix the things between both of you but it seems to be way too impossible to happen. I was thinking of making you the participants for the King and Queen of Hearts from your year level. Since Sungjong & Hayoung will be for the freshmen, Myungsoo & Bomi for the sophomores, Victoria & Changmin for the seniors. I was thinking you should be the representatives of the juniors since both of you are popular in this school,” Mr. Lee said.
 
“But,” The two said in unison.
 
“You go ahead,” Luhan said.
 
“But I can’t, I’m in charge of the programs,” Yoona explained.
 
“It was changed to Sooyoung when I told them my plan, she immediately agreed,” He said.
 
“Aiish. Sooyoung unnie,” Yoona clenched her fist.
 
“I’m afraid Ms. Im won’t agree,” Luhan forced a smile. He wanted to be with Yoona so badly for the pageant. He wanted to see her in her long gown or dress.
 
“Yoona can’t do anything about it,” Mr. Lee smirked.
 
“But,” Yoona hesitated.
 
“No buts, Im Yoona,” Mr. Lee said.
 
“You can go,” His back faced the two.
 
Yoona grabbed her bag and walked faster. Luhan trailed behind her, she noticed this and looked at him.
 
“Stop following me, Luhan,” She said firmly.
 
“I won’t, my parents invited you to come over our house,” He said. She just rolled her eyes.
 
“Stop joking, Luhan. They don’t even know me,” She said.
 
“Look at your phone, your parents called you a couple of times but you don’t pick up,” He said. Yoona got her phone and her eyes widened as she saw how many times her parents tried to call her.
 
“Okay,” She finally gave in and walked beside Luhan.
 
The two walked together and when they finally arrived at Luhan’s house. They were shocked to see their parents already waiting for them in the garden.
 
“Luhan and Yoona, you are here,” Luhan’s mother walked to them. She hugged Yoona.
 
“You know me?” Yoona asked.
 
“Of course, your mother and I our best friends since primary school but I was sent to China during middle school,” She replied.
 
“Your mother sent pictures of you to me while you’re growing up,” The parents started giggling. Luhan’s face was red due to embarrassment.
 
“Oh, that’s why,” Yoona forced a smile but was really annoyed that Luhan’s mother is the best friend of her mother.
 
“Aren’t we going home, mom?” Yoona asked.
 
“Feels like Yoona is getting bored. Luhan show her the house while we finish cooking the food,” Luhan’s father said. Luhan just nodded and grabbed Yoona’s hand.  When they finally arrived at their living room, he pushed Yoona to the couch.
 
“Look. I don’t want to join that pageant and it was all because of you,” Luhan said.
 
“Like I do want to join. It was all because of you. You are the one who hated me since you knew that I liked you and that caused the commotion in the school for knowing that we were in good terms before,” Yoona blurted out.
 
Luhan was left there speechless. They didn’t know that their parents were watching. Luhan’s mother teared up upon hearing Yoona’s words. She wanted Yoona for Luhan since Yoona was born forty days after Luhan.
 
“I won’t like you, Yoona. You even heard it why I hated you,” Luhan said. Tears started falling from Yoona’s eyes. She grabbed her bag and ran.
 
“Yoona!” Luhan’s father shouted.
 
“I’m going Mr. Lu. I needed to do something. And mom, I’ll just be buying food for me, don’t worry,” Yoona forced a smile and took a cab. She started crying nonstop as soon as she reached home. She didn’t even bother to buy food for herself. She cried herself to sleep.
 
****
 
“Yoona-yah!” Taeyeon saw Yoona walking towards their classroom.
 
“Wae Unnie?”
 
“I just wanted to tell you that it’s been one week since you told me ‘unnie, let’s not find my clothes. I’m busy’ all over again. Yoona, we still only have a few days more. You and Luhan need to find your clothes now,” Taeyeon said.
 
“Okay,” Yoona frowned.
 
Suho, Taeyeon, Sehun, Luhan and Yoona went to the shop Sooyoung suggested. Sooyoung and Kris were not able to come due to the things Sooyoung needed to do before the pageant.
 
“Whoa, this place is so big and beautiful. I can live here,” Taeyeon said as she looked around.
 
Yoona’s eyes sparkled as she saw a couple necklace.
 
“Miss Im, you’re here,” The staff said.
 
“How did you know me?” She asked.
 
“Your parents called as just before you got here and told us you can choose anything you want since Mr. Lu and your families are one of the biggest stockholders of the company owning this shop,” The staff smiled.
 
Yoona and Taeyeon looked around while the boys did too. Yoona found matching clothes with Luhan. They were about to go home when Luhan purchased the couple necklace Yoona wanted so badly.
 
II.
 
Yoona, Luhan, Taeyeon and Suho decided to stay on Luhan’s house for their practice a day before the pageant.
 
“Yoona-yah! You should try to look at Luhan’s eyes with affection,” Taeyeon complained.
 
“Why would I?! I will never look at his ugly eyes!” Yoona exclaimed.
 
“As if I wanted to look at yours!” Luhan shouted.
 
“Wait! Both of you are the resident deer of the school because of your doe like eyes then you’ll be saying that each other’s eyes are ugly?!” Suho butted in.
 
“Shut up Suho oppa!”
 
“Shut up Suho!”
 
The two said in the same time. The two looked at each other and sent death glares to each other.
 
“Why are you butting in others conversation?!” They both again yelled at the same time.
 
Luhan and Yoona’s parents heard the noise and decided to check on them.
 
“Luhan, Yoona? Are you two alright?”
 
“YES! Everything’s perfectly fine,” The two said again together. Yoona was getting annoyed and decided to go out.
 
“Where are you going Yoona?” Mrs. Lu asked.
 
“I’m going to get some fresh air,” She replied.
 
“YAH! Im Yoona better stay here so that we can practice,” Luhan said. Yoona just rolled her eyes and ignored Luhan’s words.
 
“Hmm~ better,” Yoona said as she breathes.
 
She didn’t notice that Luhan was following her. Yoona looked around her and this made Luhan hide on the bushes.
 
“Aish! Luhan, why do you have to be so annoying? You’re so different from the Luhan I met a few years ago. Why did I even saw you on China on the first place? From that time, I only think of you! You don’t know how many guys I rejected because of you but you are the one who rejected me! If I had chosen, Donghae sunbae, Kyuhyun sunbae or Taecyeon sunbae I must be happy today. Aish! I still even hate Seohyun for getting the lead role on our play last year,” Yoona messed her hair.
 
Luhan’s can’t believe what he just heard. China? The last time Yoona went to China was 6 years ago. They are still 12 years old. Yoona loved him for 6 years. Donghae? Kyuhyun? Taecyeon? The kingkas of their school was rejected by Im Yoona because of him. He almost stumbled but regained his balance when he finally registered all the things her heard on his mind.
 
“Yoona-yah,” Luhan’s mother called.
 
“Auntie,” Yoona forced a smile.
 
“Yoona-yah, I know Luhan’s been a little harsh and annoying but please be patient. I really like you for him but I guess you have reached your limit of patience for him. He might be harsh and annoying but he is really a kind, loving and caring guy,” Mrs. Lu started talking and held Yoona’s hand.
 
“Why are you telling this to me, auntie? Maybe it’s time that I give up on him, a lot of girls like him plus they are better than me. I always flunk my Math subjects,” Yoona forced a smile.
 
“But Yoona, you are not perfect but I really love your personality. You may be unlady like at times but it’s better than being really a very fine lady. I prefer those who have some flaws on them. They learn the most on their mistakes than those who are very perfect. But I know you are top in your class. If we needed to arrange a marriage for both of you we will do it,” Mrs. Lu said.
 
“Auntie, you don’t have to. I don’t want Luhan to marry me because we are forced. I want him to marry the one he likes than marrying me who he despises a lot. I rather be looking at him with the one he loves from a far than being with him and not being able to enjoy the time,” Yoona’s tears are ready to fall anytime.
 
“Yoona-yah,” Mrs. Lu just hugged Yoona and started crying. Yoona hugged her back.
 
“Auntie, let’s just think of Luhan. He might hate you if you forced him to marry me,” Yoona said so gently.
 
Luhan was beyond shocked. He never thought Yoona will get tired of him. She finally gave up on him a few days before he will confess. He was not ready to accept this; he finally got up and walked away.
 
“Luhan,” His father called him. Luhan ignored his father and decided to go to his room. He saw Taeyeon and Suho fixing their beddings.
 
“What are you doing?” He asked them.
 
“I guess we don’t have any choice but to give up on both Yoona and you. You guys are just too hopeless. By the way, we are not staying here. Our parents called and we have to go home,” Taeyeon said and fixed her things.
 
“Good night,” Taeyeon and Suho left.
 
“Unnie, where are you going?” Yoona asked.
 
“I have to go home,” She said.
 
“But, okay. Uncle Kim is really something,” Yoona sighed.
 
“So this leaves you and me,” Luhan said.
 
“Stop being so mean Luhan. By the way, I will ask auntie to allow me to go home,” Yoona said and turned her back from Luhan.
 
“Auntie, since Taeyeon and Suho left. Can I go too?” Yoona asked.
 
“But your parents are here,” Mrs. Lu replied.
 
“I just wanted to-----“
 
“Yoona, I know you’re avoiding Luhan but you can only stay on his room. Since your parents wanted to stay here, they have to use the guest room,” Mrs. Lu replied carefully as she saw Luhan, listening to them.
 
“Arrasso,” Upon hearing Yoona’s words, Luhan rushed up to his room.
 
“Did I just hear someone?” Yoona asked, clueless.
 
“That’s nothing, dear,” Mrs. Lu said.
 
Yoona went to Luhan’s room and saw Luhan ‘sleeping’ on the floor with just a few comforters, a pillow and a blanket.
 
“Luhan-ah,” Yoona tapped him.
 
“Hmm~”
 
“Luhan, you can sleep on your bed,” Yoona slightly pushed him.
 
“hmmmm~”
 
“Luhan, stop being stubborn,” Yoona said. The boy didn’t respond and left Yoona with no choice but to sleep on his bed. Yoona then fell fast asleep. Luhan opened his eyes only to see a goddess sleeping on his bed. Luhan Yoona’s face gently.
 
“Why do I even act as if I hated you? You even gave up on me,” Luhan started tearing up.
 
“You don’t know how much I loved you. I may be very mean and cold to you but deep inside you were everything to me. I even dated Seohyun, your number one rival; so that I can prove you’re really jealous. But I regret not telling you I love you in the first place,” Luhan said. Yoona stirred but Luhan didn’t back away. Yoona slowly opened her eyes.
 
“Luhan, what are you doing here? Why are you crying?” She asked, worried.
 
“Nothing, I was just checking if you’re having a good sleep,” He lied.
 
“If you’re not comfortable sleeping on the floor, we can change,” She said.
 
“It’s okay,” He said.
 
‘What’s with him? He’s being too good all of a sudden,’ Yoona thought.
 
“I’ll sleep now, Luhan. Good night,” She said. Luhan went to sleep thinking of Yoona.
 
****
 
“Yoona, are you okay?” Taeyeon asked her. Yoona was busy fanning herself due to nervousness. She was wearing a red sleeveless dress.
 
“Yoona, you might ruin your make up. Chill!” Taeyeon said.
 
“Where’s Luhan?” Yoona asked.
 
“He’s on his way with Suho and Sehun,” Taeyeon said. Luhan then came in wearing a suit over a skull printed shirt and jeans.
 
“What took you so long?!” Taeyeon complained.
 
“Look. Luhan was finding this neck----“Suho was cut off by Luhan who immediately covered Suho’s mouth.
 
“What?” Yoona asked. Luhan let go off Suho.
 
“Nothing,” Suho said. Luhan elbowed Suho’s stomach after Yoona and Taeyeon looked away.
 
Taeyeon was busy arranging the things she needed to fix Luhan and Yoona. Sooyoung came in the room.
 
“Ohmy! Yoona, you’re so pretty,” Sooyoung said.
 
“Thank you,”
 
“Look, I can’t stay here. I just checked on you. I needed to go now,” Sooyoung said and walked away.
 
****
 
Yoona and Luhan walked hand in hand for the formal attire and question and answer portion. Luhan steals glances at Yoona who looked very beautiful in her gown and Luhan also in his tuxedo.
 
“This is a question for Miss Im Yoona,”
 
“If you have to choose between letting go of someone you love because he likes someone else or keeping him for yourself, what will you choose and why?”
 
“If I have to choose between those two situations it would be obvious that I will choose to let go. Who would like to have someone beside you but doesn’t even notice your presence. Letting go might be hard but having him look at someone else is harder. As I experienced, letting go might be the only solution to ease my pain,” Yoona answered as she tries to stop her tears from falling. Luhan looked at her.
 
“This is for Mr. Luhan,”
 
“If you ever fell in love with someone but you were not able to tell her and now she hates you? What will you do to tell her you loved her?”
 
Luhan was stunned because of the question, why must the questions be related to him and Yoona.
 
“I-I---I,” Luhan was stuttering.
 
“Luhan,” Yoona held his hand tightly.
 
“I wish it wasn’t too late, I hope she will never give up on me. I will tell her face to face that I love her by holding her hand, staring at her doe like eyes and tell her how much I love her. I regret dating other girls just to make her jealous. I hate myself for not admitting that I really love her. She was everything to me, but when I heard her talking to my mom and telling her that she wanted to give up on me, my heart was shattered. I was just waiting for the day that I’ll be able to tell her how much I love her despite the things that I did to her. Im Yoona, I’m sorry. I love you, you are unlady-like but I admit you seem perfect that way. You are not my ideal type but you’re the one I would like to spend the rest of my life with. Yoona, saranghae,” Luhan held her hand, staring at her beautiful doe-like eyes.
 
“I love you too, Luhan,” Tears started to flow from Yoona’s eyes. Luhan searched his pocket for the necklace when he noticed the necklace is not there, he started to panic. The crowd started giggling.
 
“LUHAN PABO! Here!” Luhan turned to Kris’s direction and Kris threw the box to Luhan. He caught it. Luhan opened the box revealing the necklace, Yoona always wanted to have. Luhan put the necklace on Yoona.
 
“I love you,” Luhan kissed her and she kissed him back.
 
****
 
“Congratulations Yoona,” Sooyoung said.
 
“Without you guys, we wouldn’t win,” Yoona said confused.
 
“But that’s not it. You finally won Luhan’s heart,” Taeyeon teased.
 
“Unnie!” Yoona whined.
 
“But I won her heart earlier,” Luhan smirked.
 
“YAH!” Yoona pinched Luhan’s ears.
 
Their parents arrived to congratulate them.
 
“Ohmy! My princess and Luhan are together now,”
 
“I wonder if the things I said to Yoona were overheard by this obvious boy who sneaked on us,” Mrs. Lu chuckled.
 
“LUHAN, I’LL KILL YOU!” Yoona glared at him.
 
“Kill me then you’ll be a widow even before you get married,” Luhan said coolly.
 
“So when’s the wedding?” Mr. Im asked.
 
****
 
“Luhan! Help me here!” Yoona said as she fixed Yoo Han’s diapers.
 
“I’m still preparing Luna’s milk,” Luhan said.
 
Yoona finished fixing Yoo Han’s diapers, she carried Yoo Han and went down to see Luna, Yoo Han’s twin sister being carried by Luhan.
 
“Let’s go now,” Luhan said.
 
“I didn’t know, it’s hard to take care of twins,” Yoona sighed.
 
“You have said that for the nth time Yoona but I know you don’t regret it,” Luhan pinched Yoona’s nose.
 
“Of course,” Yoona kissed Luhan’s cheeks.
 
“Let’s get going, omma must be looking for us now,” Yoona said.
 
They entered the car.
 
“Let’s hire a babysitter soon,” Luhan said.
 
“I know right,” Yoona agreed.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
___________________________________________________
 
 author's note » enjoy. ^^