Lover's Quarrel?

50 Shades of Soohyun

Soohyun slides in beside me, clasps my hand, and gently kisses my knuckles. “Hi,” he says softly. My cheeks turn pink, knowing that Kibum can hear us, grateful that he can’t see the scorching, -combusting look that Soohyun is giving me. It takes all my self-restraint not to leap on him right here, in the back seat of the car.

 

Oh, the back seat of the car . . . hmm. My subconscious his chin gently in quiet contemplation.

 

“Hi,” I breathe, my mouth dry.

 

“What would you like to do this evening?”

 

“I thought you said we had plans.”

 

“Oh, I know what I’d like to do, Hoonmin~ah. I’m asking you what you want to do.”

 

I beam at him.

 

“I see,” he says with a wickedly salacious grin. “So . . . begging it is, then. Do you want to beg at my place or yours?” He tilts his head to one side and smiles his oh-so y smile at me.

 

“I think you’re being very presumptuous, Mr. Shin. But by way of a change, we could go to my apartment.” I bite my lip deliberately, and his expression darkens.

 

“Kibum, Mr. Yeo’s, please.”

 

“Sir,” Kibum acknowledges and he heads off into the traffic.

 

“So how has your day been?” he asks.

 

“Good. Yours?”

 

“Good, thank you.”

 

His ridiculously broad grin reflects mine, and he kisses my hand again.

 

“You look astounding,” he says.

 

 “As do you.”

 

“Your boss, Kim Jaeseop, is he good at his job?”

 

Whoa! That’s a sudden change in direction? I frown.

 

“Why? This isn’t about your pissing contest?”

 

Soohyun smirks. “That man wants into your pants, Hoonmin~ah,” he says dryly.

 

I go crimson as my mouth drops open, and I glance nervously at Kibum. My subconscious inhales sharply, shocked.

 

“Well, he can want all he likes . . . why are we even having this conversation? You know I have no interest in him whatsoever. He’s just my boss.”

 

“That’s the point. He wants what’s mine. I need to know if he’s good at his job.”

 

I shrug. “I think so.” Where is he going with this?

 

“Well, he’d better leave you alone, or he’ll find himself on his on the sidewalk.”

 

“Oh, Soohyun, what are you talking about? He hasn’t done anything wrong.” . . .Yet. He just stands too close.

 

“He makes one move, you tell me. It’s called gross moral turpitude—or ual harassment.”

 

“It was just a drink after work.”

 

“I mean it. One move and he’s out.”

 

“You don’t have that kind of power.” Honestly! And before I roll my eyes at him, the realization hits me with the force of a speeding freight truck. “Do you, Soohyun?”

 

Soohyun gives me his enigmatic smile.

 

“You’re buying the company,” I whisper in horror.

 

His smile slips in response to the panic in my voice.

 

 “Not exactly,” he says.

 

“You’ve bought it. KJPI. Already.”

 

He blinks at me, warily. “Possibly.”

 

“You have or you haven’t?”

 

“Have.”

 

What the hell? “Why?” I gasp, appalled. Oh, this just is too much.

 

“Because I can, Hoonmin~ah. I need you safe.”

 

“But you said you wouldn’t interfere in my career!”

 

“And I won’t.”

 

I snatch my hand out of his. “Soohyun . . .” Words fail me.

 

“Are you mad at me?”