Mending a broken heart

Wanweird

I don't even know why but this song was in my head the whole time I was writing it.

I guess it's kinda relevant but I don't know, lol.

Okay, so yeah. Chapter One~ Sorry for the long wait   :(

~ o ~ o ~ o ~

A dull rainy morning. What a great wait to start the day. Do Kyungsoo dragged himself out of bed, and was about to head to the kitchen when he heard a door bell. He opened the door, but saw no one. Except the box below him.

"I'm sorry..." 

The orange letters stood out on the dull brown box sitting on  Kyungsoo's door step.

The girly scribbles were unmistakable, it was from his boyfriend... well, now EX-boyfriend that is. Inside were two plushies, a deer and an owl.

The deer was holding a long letter,and the owl had a scrapbook under its' wings. Kyungsoo unrolled the paper and starting reading silently, he felt his eyes blur with tears as he read through his boyfriend's girly, yet neat writing. 

Mixed emotion surged him, crying and laughing at different parts. As cliché as it would seem... Kyungsoo stood up and ran under the rain, until his feet brought him to his boyfriend's apartment. But it was empty. Like his heart. (AHAHAHA LOL Okay sorry, I'm on cheese.)

 "Kyungsoo-ah, I'm going to miss you..."

His heart pounded in his ears, his feet dragged him to where his boyfriend used to work. Yet, when he arrived there, he didn't saw him. Only the other employees. No one knew where he was. He left without a trace.

"I'm sorry for not telling  you... But I won't be coming back..."

Kyungsoo felt like giving up. He was drenched, but he couldn't care less. You know how under the rain... people won't notice the tears streaming down... Well, Kyungsoo was crying. 

"But this is for your own good, you'll understand soon."

Kyungsoo gasped, remembering where his boyfriend was going to. He bit his lip as he grabbed onto a bike in the park, the owner was no where to be found. He hopped on and started pedalling. As he reached quite a distance, he heard the muffled protests, but he pedalled on.

What was Kyungsoo thinking?

He knew his ex wouldn't want him back. 

Maybe he loves his ex too much, he couldn't just let go easily.

Maybe.

Not for long, Kyungsoo arrived at the airport.

Since he was dripping wet, he wasn't allowed to head inside.

"I'm going to China... Remember what I tell you, okay, Kyungsoo-ah?"

Kyungsoo shoved himself inside the airport, frantically running around, wet. His head was spinning already when he caught a glimpse of a familiar doll-faced guy packing his passport and plane ticket.

"...Luhan?"

The said guy looked to his direction, his eyes wide.

"K-Kyungsoo...?"

Kyungsoo wiped his face and approached himslowly, his doe-eyes sadly looking up at Luhan. 

Luhan stared at him, his expression telling that if he ever comes closer, he might not be able to stop himself.

"Got you!"

Hands latched onto Kyungsoo's wrists, the security guards caught Kyungsoo, who was struggling from their grip.

"Give me a minute," Luhan pleaded to the guards, "Please."

The guards looked at each other, then at Luhan and Kyungsoo. "Five minutes."

Luhan nodded and went closer to the boy infront of him. He cupped his cheeks gently, Luhan leaned forward, their noses touching.

"Don't make this even harder for me." Luhan whispered softly. Kyungsoo closed his eyes, feeling the soft touched of his ex-lover.

"Leave, Kyungsoo." Luhan told him. The tone wasn't demanding, it was forced. Tears sprung out of Kyungsoo's eyes. Yet he couldn't speak as much as he wanted to because nothing came out. 

"Go. Now. Please." Luhan's thumb brushed Kyungsoo's lips as the small boy stepped back, his head spinning. He was about to turn his back and run away when he felt his knees go weak. He dropped to the ground and everything went black.

Kyungsoo  woke up inside the hospital but there was no Luhan. Instead, he was small post-it stuck to the bouquet of flowers on the desk beside him.

"Good-bye. - Xiao Lu"

The least thing Kyungsoo wanted to do was cry. But he couldn't help it. Tears were flowing down his cheeks. He hugged his knees, remembering the last thing which was written on the letter Luhan wrote for him.

~ 0 ~ o ~ 0 ~

Luhan stifled a sob as he boarded the airplane. He couldn't bear see Kyungsoo lying unconscious on the hospital bed. As soon as  Kyungsoo was brought to a room, he placed the flowers with the post-it he bought on the desk then fled immediately. He fiddled with his cap, as he sat on his chair.

The guilt was taking ove rhim.

Luhan closed his eyes, breathing deeply. He stared outside, picturing Kyungsoo's sweet, smiling face. 

And he mumbled to himself, "I love you, Kyungsoo."

~ o ~ 0 ~ o ~

"I love you, Kyungsoo." The words written on the letter were echoing inside Kyungsoo's head, he was now sobbing uncontrollably. 

Just then... The door opened, and Kyungsoo's head shot up.

Tears stained his cheeks, and was slowly wiped by the man who had approached him. Doctor Kim Junmyeon.

The doctor flashed Kyungsoo his angelic smile, then he spoke gently, "Don't cry."

Kyungsoo's heart thumped, his mere smile made Kyungsoo's heart go wild. How could a stranger make him feel this way?

"Who are you? The doctor chuckled and sat beside Kyungsoo's bed.

"Kim Junmyeon, your doctor." Junmyeon took Kyungsoo's hand and shook it, his touch was gently and soft, it made Kyungsoo's body tingle, in a good way. Junmyeon grinned, seeing Kyungsoo's flushed face. Kyungsoo immediately looked down. The doctor placed two fingers below Kyungsoo's chin and lifted his head look at him.

"Why were you crying awhile ago?" The curious doctor blinked at him. Kyungsoo couldn't look at him, oh my, did he see that? Now he felt even more embarassed. Junmyeon could see a hint of pink in the pale cheeks of this small man, which made him smile wider.

"You're adorable." Junmyeon grinned.

Kyungsoo blushed deeper, "W-what?"

Junmyeon smiled and patted Kyungsoo's shouder, "So, how are you feeling?"

"Okay." Kyungsoo replied, smiling a bit, "And you?

Junmyeon chuckled, "Thank you for asking, I'm fine."

Kyungsoo nodded, he looked up at the doctor infront oh him, "I... I don't know how I will pay for this." Let's face it, Kyungsoo is not that rich. He has money, but it wouldn't suffice to pay for his bills. 

"Don't worry, I got it covered." Junmyeon winked. Kyungsoo felt butterflies in his stomach.

"Really?" Out of relief and joy, Kyungsoo hugged the smiling doctor tightly. When he realized what he had done, Kyungsoo broke the hug, his cheeks tainted with a dark shade of red. Junmyeon laughed, and he stood up, after glancing at his watch.

"I have to do my rounds now." The doctor told him. The thought of him leaving made Kyungsoo frown. He just wanted the doctor to be by his side, and they would talk and talk so that Kyungsoo wouldn't feel that lonely.

"Come back soon, okay?" Kyungsoo looked at him hoepfully.

"Promise." Junmyeon nodded, and walked out of Kyungsoo's room.

Kyungsoo couldn't wait for the doctor's shift to end.

~ o ~ o ~ o ~

When the clock struck at nine, Kyungsoo's door opened tho which a smiling Junmyeon had greeted him.

"How's my favorite patient?"Junmyeon closed the door behind him and sat on Kyungsoo's hospital bed.

"Great! Now can I get out of here now?" Kyungsoo joked, feeling giddy that finally his the doctor had finally returned.

Junmyeon ruffled Kyungsoo's hair and chuckled, "Nope, not yet."

Kyungosoo sank in his bed and hugged the pillow, "Aw, okay."

"Sorry, Kyungsoo." Junmyeon said. There was silence between them... As time ticked on, Junmyeon kept on checking on his watch once in a while.

"...Kyungsoo, were you able to get any of your clothes?" The doctor asked.

Kyungsoo shook his. Junmyeon stood up and headed out, making the younger call out for his name but the doctor left without a word. Kyungsoo wondered if he did something wrong... Yet all Kyungsoo did was talk to him about his condition and such. Did he say something wrong without him realizing? No he didn't...

Junmyeon...

Why?

~ o ~ 0 ~ o ~

Kyungsoo was about to fall asleep when the door opened. He saw Junmyeon carrying two suitcases. Those suitcases looked familiar to Kyungsoo... Wait, a minute... Were those his?

"Where... Who owns that?" Kyungsoo asked.

"You do." The doctor said simply.

Kyungsoo was surprised, "E-eh... me?" He bit his lip, "H-how did...?"

Junmyeon explained that before Luhan left, he gave the basic details about Kyungsoo which Luhan wrote on a crumpled paper. It had Kyungsoo's full birthname, age, address, school... everything. Also the spare key to Kyungsoo's apartment. The small boy stayed silent but flashed a bright smile to the man infront of him.

"Thank you, Junmyeon." Kyungsoo said shyly. The doctor went through all that trouble just for him. He should at least thank him for what he has done.

"It was nothing." Junmyeon smiled, pulling the suitcase next to the closet and neatly arranging Kyungsoo's clothes inside. The doe-eyed boy blushed when he saw Junmyeon folding his boxers... his Pororo boxers, to be exact.

"Y-yah!" Junmyeon blinked and looked at his patient, surprised. The only thing Kyungsoo could mutter was, "N-nothing."

"You're amused, you know that?" Junmyeon said, finishing with Kyungsoo's clothes and zipped the suitcase close. Kyungsoo couldn't help but blush the whole time.

Throughout the night, Kyungsoo and Junmyeon were together, but it didn't fix Kyungsoo's broken heart. Needless to say, it wouldn't be that easy. There was still something missing. It was already midnight when Kyungsoo felt drowsiness sweep on him, Junmyeon tucked his patient to bed. The doctor hummed a familiar tune, but before Kyungsoo realized what the song was. He was already fast asleep. Junmyeon kissed the doe-eyed boy's forehead then went out of the room.

~ o ~ o ~ o ~

Morning came, Kyungsoo was greeted by an owl plushie that was laying beside him. His eyes grew wider (if that was possible) and backed away a bit. He heard a soft laugh behind him. Kyungsoo turned around to see the doctor's angelic face.

"Good morning." The doctor flashed him his famous smile.

Kyungsoo replied with a grin,"Good morning, Doctor." Junmyeon sat on the bed, fixing the items inside the box Luhan gave to him before he left. Kyungsoo stared at the box, but decided to ignore it.

"Where di you sleep?" Kyungsoo asked.

Junmyeon handed him the box. Kyungsoo hesitantly took it. The doctor motioned Kyungsoo to scoot a bit. He lied down beside his patient, then faced him, a bright smile playing on his lips. Kyungsoo felt his cheeks heat up. The man's smile infront of him grew wider.

"My condo. It's just a few blocks away so that's where I slept." Junmyeon told him. Kyungsoo was surprised when the doctor started to play with his hair. There was silence between them. Not the awkward silence they had before, but comfortable silence. Junmyeon would check on his watch once in a while, but when the clock stuck at ten, the doctor stood up, telling Kyungsoo he'll be back after his rounds.

Kyungsoo was left.

He hugged the toy and stared at the ceiling. Many things had come across his mind.

Will he forget so easily of what had happened between him and Luhan? 

Will it be that easy for him to let go?

Can he commit himself to another relationship?

Will these things be easy for him? 

Kyungsoo closed his eyes, not wanting to bother himself with all these questions. He wanted to forget what happened. Everything. Maybe even everyone. Kyungsoo was tired. He didn't understood why he was crying. Maybe he just needed to let out the pain he was feeling.

And finally, the pain had disappeared. And everything went black.

At least. For once in his life... More than anything he desired to be... He was gone. 

----- END OF CHAPTER ONE -----

Oh my gosh, I finally posted chapter one. Lolol. Thank you for waiting. I was pretty busy and lazy to type it so yeah. Sorry for the grammar and stuff. Btw, sorry if it's boring. I mean, it's just chapter one yenno. Well, anyways, I hope I can update soon. Kekeke. 

So.

Talk to ya'll laturz.

I'm sorry if it's short xD