Chapter 2

Serendipity

 

And right when I thought she would stop in front of us, she passes us completely and stops in front of the bride and groom. And there goes my pride.  Look there it goes, out the window. I sigh and walk over to Taemin who just finished talking to the Hul—, Sulli’s dad. He looks extremely angry at me, probably for leaving him earlier.

“I can’t believe you ditched me!  I know he likes me as his son-in-law and everything, but he is still a scary man.” He glances towards his new father-in-law another time before shuddering in fear.

“It could be worse; he could be like that and absolutely hate you.”  Taemin leaves to find Sulli while I turn to find the other guys.  I look around for the photographer again, before advancing forwards towards the man who wears more eyeliner than most females I know. “Hey Baek, you look different, get new eyeliner?”

“Haha, very funny, but yes in fact I did, and I’m wearing less of it.  D.O. said that I should wear less since it’s Sulli and Taemin’s big day.  So yeah.”

“Poor Baek you must feel so manly that it’s tearing your heart apart.”

“Shut up dude.” I glance around looking for her. “Who’re you looking for?”

“H-huh? What?” caught off guard my first instinct is to stutter.  . Now I’m in for CSI time.

“Is she pretty?  Do I know her?  What’s her name?  Did it happen yet?  How old is she?  Where is she?  Why aren’t you with her?  When did yo—?”

“Stop, there’s no girl, chill out.”

“Yeah there is, she’s the photographer.  Jongin’s been eyeing her all night.”  And there goes Chanyeol again with his big mouth; it must come with the big feet.  And you know what they say about guys that have big feet. 

They wear big shoes.

“Shut up Yeol, I did not.”

“Hey can you guys get closer to each other?  I gotta get a picture of the groom’s friends.”  And there she was.  Way prettier up close, but I was never gonna say that out loud.  Even now just standing close to her Chanyeol’s giving me the erted eyebrows.

We huddle together, arms being placed on top of each other’s shoulders, mostly Chanyeol’s on Baekhyun and Baekhyun being totally uncomfortable with it and feeling totally embarrassed, forced smiles reaching our faces, Xiumin racing to swallow his food, and me standing totally awkward, trying hard to look at the camera instead of her.

*click click*

“Thanks guys, looks great!”  And there she goes.

 

 

      xxx       xxx  xxx      • xx     

 

After I give my best man’s speech, dinner, and some dancing I look for Taemin again to tell him I have to go.  I search around the buffet table, only spotting Xiumin on his tenth trip there. I look around the bathroom but only find Yunho and Changmin hyung betting on when Kyuhyun and Seohyun were to marry. 

I finally got to the DJ area and right when I was about to turn away to look elsewhere I see her with the wedding singer.  They looked awfully cozy in each other’s company that I dare not interrupt them.  I turn to make my exit, not without taking another look at her before I leave without informing Taemin, so ready to go home for the night.

 

 Author's Note:  I know I said I wasn't gonna update until next month, or the next (or the next...), but a lot of you have been asking for an update so here's a filler/semi-chapter(?) for all of you so you can lay off my back for a little while.  Tell me what you think, is one of my first stories so I'd like to here some criticism as well.  Well, until next time~! ♥