The Mystery of the Roleplayers

Mobile Suit Xceed Future

The world isn’t always like this. Before the war isn’t even three-way fight, but four-way instead. And before that, it’s just one-on-one fight.

As it was stated before, the Earth has already in a rotten state before the time when human had to run away into the space. But before that human lived in four different places; on the sky, underground, under the sea and near the core of the Earth.

When they first get into space colonies, they engage in a fight against the non-human beings in the space. Those aliens scared of human as they are the first being that are able to live in space. The war leads to the creation of Planet Killer and the destruction of almost all livable planets.

After humans and aliens finally have a peace with each other, some racist people brought up their ego within their family’s history of living in one of the four areas on Earth mentioned. This lead to another war, which marks the creation of the first Gundam, followed by other Gundams.

If not thanks to a small but powerful organization called Celestial Beings, humanity will already be destroyed.

And so, the peace appears once again…

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Z-Seoul, one place that actually isn’t much of the Earth’s Seoul. For those who lives either in 2000s or in 3000s would say that Seoul is a place par to Japan’s Tokyo, urban and modern. But this Z-Seoul is so different.

There are two different colonies with the name Seoul in it. While Astro-Seoul is the exact replica with the scale of 1:1 of the true Seoul, Z-Seoul is more of the Busan-like with some essence of Seoul in it. There are the scenery of Busan and Seoul in here.

This flashback is once again take place in a mansion. Inside it, a woman and two children are meeting a couple and their girl.

“So, will you let me and my children live here in this place? We have no other place to stay. My husband is too obsessed with that stupid cult.”

The two couple look at each other as the man asks her, “A cult? Is it the same as that four-way war?”

“I have no idea.”

The rich woman speaks up, “It’s okay. I can let you stay here, but do remember that you will work as the maid here. One of ours has already resigned for her old age.”

“Thank you very much.”

The lone girl walks toward the other children as she looks at the girl one, “Hi, my name is Park Hyomin. What’s yours?”

The girl timidly answers, “Jiyeon.”

“Don’t you have a last name?”

Jiyeon shakes her head.

Hyomin turns toward her mom, “Amma, she has no last name.”

The woman smiles at the two children, “These two must have felt ashamed by their dad that they didn’t want to use his last name. Very well, why don’t you use ours? We are family after all.”

“Park…Jiyeon?” the timid girl looks at the woman as she smiles wide.

Hyomin turns toward the boy, “Your name?”

“Park…Syer?”

Jiyeon mutters toward her brother, “Oppa, your name isn’t Syer.”

“I want to use that name…”

The children laugh together.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxx

It is the end of the days at high school.

Jiyeon is seen running toward Hyomin at a walkway as she finally reaches her, “Agassi, you shouldn’t leave me alone there! We promised that we are going home together!”

“Sorry. I thought you already gone home without me. I didn’t see Syer-oppa anywhere.”

The two turns somewhere else as they gasp, “Oppa!”

Syer has his two arms reaching around two girls that look a lot like Hwayoung (one of them has longer hair while the other one has her hair reach her neck), “Where are we hanging out for today, Ryu Twins?”

Jiyeon quickly runs toward him and twists his left ear, “What are you doing!?”

“OW! OW! OW! LET GO OFF ME!”

She didn’t do as what he told her and instead pulling him into a restaurant nearby there. The other girls just follow them.

It seems they have already made a promise with their friends to meet in that particular restaurant, seeing that there are other people in there waiting for them.

“Whoa, Syer!” a boy speaks up, “It seems you would just flirt with anyone you see anytime.”

Syer seems to feel offended, “Hey, I am NOT- hey, ladies!- NOT flirt with anyone I meet anytime! I have my own pride, okay?”

Such a hypocrite statement, considering his words got cut off when he winks at two girls that walked nearby.

Jiyeon hits his shoulder as he quickly rubs the pain for his reaction.

The same boy speaks up, “So, what now? The school just over. Why don’t we enjoy this holiday through and through?”

The long haired Hwayoung seems pissed off, “Hey, you forgot that some of us have already signed our contracts with Core Content Media. Our training days start tomorrow.”

At the same the TV shows news, “It has been reported that Core Content Media, one of the famous entertainment company in the whole space has bought and absorbed a private military company, Alfanz Private Security into their ranks. CCM is the third and the latest entertainment company known to absorb a private military company after SM Entertainment and Avex Entertainment did the same few months ago. CCM will now be known as Core Content Authorization.”

Syer sighs, “Great. I was thinking off signing into Alfanz but now I have to work with my sister now.”

One man points toward him, “Wait, you are signing into Alfanz?”

Jiyeon just smirks, “Our mom made him do that.”

She turns toward the neck-haired Hwayoung as she mutters, “Hyeyoung, is something the matter?”

The girl seems worried of something, “It’s just weird to see that three entertainment companies bought three different private military companies in one year. They even changed their name into something menacing. I don’t see the point of doing all of this in this time of peace.”

The long haired one responds, “To be honest, this happens thanks to Reisos Company. This company has its own entertainment branch AND military branch at the same time. Don’t forget the rumor about the legendary Celestial Being is also Reisos’. They refused to disband their military branch, so the three mentioned entertainment companies had basically gone paranoid over such thing.”

Syer seems creeps out, “Thanks Hyoyoung for such freaky information. I don’t want to end up forced to kill any idol next if a literal flame wars happened between those three.”

Hyomin purrs at him in a seduction tone, “Owh, you’re cute when you are scared.”

Syer pushes her away and turns toward Jiyeon, “Jiyeon, would you please hit her? She is worse than me in term of seducing people. She literally sleeps with any men she can see. You can ask Jinwoon,” he points toward one man, “The only girl I have ever slept with is you!”

“I don’t hit Agassi…”

Xxxxxxxxxxx

“No! You can’t go away!”

Jiyeon and Syer are nearby a Medial-class ship at the dock. It can be seen that people are going into the ship and things are brought into it.

Jiyeon pouts,”Why Goddess has to sent you away!? Is it important for you to go to the Section Z-11? It will take months to go and fro there.

Syer smiles as he rubs her head, “Don’t you worry, Jiyeon. It’s just another recovering mission. You know too well that we Receival Squad is one of the frontline squads in a war.”

“But they said Section Z-11 has a huge monster guarding it!”

“That might have be the raiders or the bandits or any weird enemies. Don’t you worry. Receival Squad is stronger in term of defense and offense.”

Jiyeon shakes her head spoilt, “But I don’t want you to die! Oppa, I love you!”

“I know you do. You are my sister after all.”

“Hey, let’s get going!” a man appears behind him as Syer enters the ship.

He turns toward Jiyeon one last time as she shouts, “Oppa, you don’t understand! I LOVE you!”

The door closes as soon as she stops shouting. The ship just goes away just like that.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

In a dance hall, Jiyeon, Hyomin, Hyeyoung, Qri, Soyeon and another woman (haha, someone is missing here!) are dancing to a fast song. Their dances seem to show a bunch of women going crazy and shake their heads (I think you know what song is this).

Suddenly a tone is heard as Soyeon coldly speaks up, “Take five.”

The group stops as Hyeyoung and Jiyeon fell onto the floor. The girl with the longer hair sounds out loud, “Ah! Being part of T-ara making me tired! We have the record of “The Girl Group with the Least Time of Break”.”

Hyeyoung turns toward Jiyeon, “You got guts to say such thing. Goddess is right here.”

But then their attentions turn toward Soyeon’s worrisome voice, “What!? What did you mean the Receival Squad has gone missing!?”

Jiyeon stands up in shock.

Soyeon continues to shout, “You’re telling me that they just poof just like that? How is that even impossible?”

Jiyeon kneels down. Tears appearing near both of her eyeballs. Her voice stutters, “Oppa…oppa…”

The Goddess just ends her call as she turns toward Jiyeon, concerns about her.

Her cries fill the room, “OPPA! OPPA! OPPA!”

As the others try to calm her down, Soyeon coldly mutters, “Take 1440.”

She walks out of there in a hurry.

Jiyeon keeps on crying.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jiyeon is seen entering an office as Soyeon is sitting at the desk, “Sit down.”

The younger girl just does that without any hesitation.

Soyeon leans forward, “How are you feeling today?”

Jiyeon remain silent. She is obviously still sad.

The CCA’s director sighs. She pauses for a while and finally decides to speak up, “Jiyeon, I would like you to take a rest for a while. Let your mind clear for a while. It’s obvious that they are just missing. Your brother isn’t dead yet. So I want you to rest for the whole month.”

“Yes, Goddess…”

Jiyeon stands up and walks toward the door.

Soyeon suddenly speaks up, “Do you know what you could do to make the search quicker?”

She pauses and turns toward the Goddess.

Soyeon coldly states, “Join the army. Lead your own team and search for him. That way you can search him faster than usual. Who knows? Maybe that way you can win his heart?”

She raises her eyebrows, giving a subtle meaning.

Jiyeon is in the state of blankness.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Back to the present, Jiyeon’s A3 is fighting against Shraffe/Hwayoung’s Xceed.

In her cockpit, Jiyeon is shouting angrily, “ARGH! THIS STUPID ANTI-GODDESS GUNDAM IS SO ANNOYING! CAN’T THEY JUST STAND STILL?”

Her eyes suddenly turn yellow as she shouts out loud, “OPPA, FORGIVE ME!”

At the same time, her mobile suit’s wings sprout bigger as the Gundam is in the stance of shouting out loud. She then takes out her anti-ship sword and aims toward Xceed.

“Okay, I don’t like where this is going!” Shraffe shouts as he quickly pulls them away from her.

Hwayoung is still in the “there’s nothing wrong” mode, “Wanna try out the new form?”

“I told you, I don’t like form! Why can’t they just give us weapon like Destruc Bazooka or something? Or even a er?”

“Don’t be such a whiny bithc!”

(spelling changed for an obvious reason)

“But I’m not a woman! Man known as b-stard!”

Jiyeon shouts in rage as she flies fast toward Shraffe, “Die!”

She tries to slash him downward, but Shraffe at least has a skill of defending himself. He throws his slash upward, clashing their blades and letting them producing sparks.

He then kicks her at the chest to fly away from her.

Hwayoung seems to be worry of something, “Oppa, her speed is increasing greatly!”

“So this Gundam would be the speed type, huh? Never could have guessed that!” Shraffe plays with word while catching an incoming foot with his left hand, “What’s with the wings anyway?”

Back at Taecyeon and Lee Joon’s fight with Sam, the captain notices sudden change in Jiyeon’s attack pattern and quickly realizes it, “Oh god, Lieutenant Park has gone berserk!”

“Berserk!?” Lee Joon shouts, shock, “That would be so dangerous! We should put take her away!”

Sam is inside the cockpit, listening to their words. All Reisos members are able to join into all three factions’ radio wave.

He sighs, “I guess it’s time to work together, huh?”

That’s what he would like to do, but he should not expose to the enemies about the hacked radio waves. So he should still fight the two. Maybe if he could slip his technique a bit.

Taecyeon shouts toward Lee Joon, “Lieutenant Lee, go and save Lieutenant Park quick! I will handle this guy.”

He holds his blade high and charges to smash sideway but Reiza is faster. He dodges backward and at the same time lets Gundam A2 flies past him. Sam then fakes in thinking that he made a mistake of letting one enemy past his defense so that Taecyeon would think try to attack him when he has the chance.

He did.

Captain Ok goes to stab him but he quickly clashes his blade with the enemy’s.

If you think that Sam is gritting his teeth at this point like what Taecyeon did, you are so wrong. He just sits there in his composed stance as he opens the communication link toward Xceed, “It seems that Gundam you are fighting right now has a bit of the problem. That other Gundam that is coming toward you will try to pull that Gundam away from you.”

Jiyeon is obviously has gone wrong. She keeps on smashing her sword toward Shraffe in the Gundam’s possible maximum speed. It’s a bit hard because Xceed’s maximum speed is slower.

The speed and smash A3 keeps making somehow throws Shraffe off-guard as Jiyeon appears with her sword readies to slash downward to cut him into two but then A2 manages to grab her before anything happen.

Lee Joon shouts at her, “Jiyeon, stop it! Retreat for now! You are uncontrollable!”

“GET OFF ME!”

With a single push, Jiyeon pushes Lee Joon away like a sumo wrestler using his full power to push a skinny man away. She turns her attention back to Shraffe.

The hero isn’t getting the feeling well, “Err…Hwayoung, can you read her movement?”

“I can but my eyes are hurting so much! I don’t think I can take it so well after few minutes.”

A3 once again goes on a rampage toward Xceed. She uses her sudden rise of speed and tries her best to smash the opposition in any place her anti-ship sword can reach. Shraffe has to do a lot of movement in defending themselves in any means; beam saber clashing, straight desperate defends using limbs…

Wait, limbs?

Same question sprung into the head of Captain Ok, “That’s strange. Lieutenant Park clearly managed to get her blade to reach to that enemy’s limbs and head. That blade she used is an anti-ship sword which was used to finishes off enemy’s battleships in few slashes, something that a normal beam saber couldn’t. Is that Gundam has a coating stronger than a warship? But what is it?”

Sam smirks. He heard the monologue and he knows the answer of the question. He is also part of those underground engineers in Astro-Seoul, acting as the test pilot before promoted into a bodyguard. He knows too well that the Gundam and other Reisos’ mechas were not made by using the normal metal or the stronger Gundanium alloy which was used to create a Gundam. But they used a stronger type of alloy known as Ethorian alloy, a rare alloy that can only be found in one of the planet survived from the human/space beings war years ago. Only the high-class officers know the location of the planet so he didn’t know. It’s hard to dent the surface of the alloy as it took hundreds of beam attack to actually destroy it.

Still, something is bothering him; how will Shraffe gets out of this situation. The enemy is using anti-ship sword and in minutes he will eventually got cut by that enemy.

Even so, Shraffe can still pose a fight as he manages to grab a hold of that sword after a long clash and tries to pull that sword away. Yet Jiyeon is still too dangerous as she headbutts him and gains back her blade.

She then charges forward to strike him downward as time slows down.

Shraffe turns to see her straight into the eyes as he gives a thought, There’s no time! It seems I had to use it!

XCEED FUTURE SYSTEM ENGAGE! TRANSPORTATION ONLINE!

FORM CHANGE ACTIVATE: BASIC TO BRAWLER!

Xceed’s armor suddenly crashes out from the suit and flies around it. At the same time this happens, Jiyeon’s suit collides with the armor and is thrown away.

Everyone nearby sees this happened and startled by the turn of the event.

Okay, scratch that. EVERYONE sees this and got startled.

Sarah’s squad and Hyomin’s squad that were clashed with each other saw the event and stop.

“The armor got fell off?” Asemu wonders but Sarah responds, “No. Those armors are intended to be fallen off.”

Those black armors that fly in circle around Xceed gradually disintegrating as a new red and shiny black armors appear in the same place as the old armors. The newbie armors attach themselves on Xceed, giving him a look par to a fighter/brawler/monk/any job class that has no use of any weapons.

Even the Gundam is now acting more like a human. He grips his right fist and slams it onto A3, pushing her far away.

Shraffe is stunted inside the cockpit, “Whoa, what is this?”

“Oppa, you actually used it!” Hwayoung teases him as he shouts, “Damn it, Hwayoung! Would you please shut up and explain to me what is this thing!?”

Hwayoung sits back onto her seat as she speaks up, “This is a new form of Xceed; Brawler. Just like it’s name, it is designed to gives this Gundam a stronger body part. The new armors actually effecting the whole Gundam body itself. For this form, the whole body parts have more resistance than the basic armor and defensive alloy is stronger too. Wait…”

“What? What? Tell me!” Hwayoung’s sudden silence makes him nervous.

Hwayoung mutters, “It seems this Gundam is able to use any martial arts that the human uses.”

Shraffe smirks, “How great this coincidence happens. I practices both Harmonizes Ryu Style and Saito’s Freestyle.”

“Not ‘I’, but we.”

“Huh?”

“In basic form, I can help read the statistic of this Gundam or even the reading of the enemy while you pilot this. But in this form I can also help by synchronizes our arts into this.”

“Well, two is better than one,” Shraffe moves Xceed into a stance of showing his right palm forward while his left arm moves near toward the right arm.

The two shouts, “Harmonize Ryu Style!” and charges straight toward A3.

Jiyeon is still in pressure as she also charges forward toward her enemy.

As the two are about to clash, Jiyeon tries to slash him downward, but he quickly grabs the hand that slash and twists the arm toward the back of the mobile suit.

Jiyeon tries to break free, so Shraffe lets her do so with a price; a jab on the engine.

Still enraged, she turns around while slashing at him but he grabs the same hand and throws her to his back. His left foot is raised and connects with her head.

He shouts in excitement, “Let’s not waste our time!”

Once again, the two shout in unison, “Saito’s Freestyle!”

Xceed moves both of his arms in circular motion and readies with a different stance.

He charges forward toward A3 as the latter does the same. In term of speed, she is way faster than him. But then his right fist hits her face. He grabs her by the chest and throws her to the front. He then gives a kick directly onto the chest, pushing her away.

It’s not over yet.

Xceed grabs both A3’s arms and spins at one spot real fast. He then throws her back to Evening. The throw actually reaches the ship.

Taecyeon is startled to see this turn of event, “What just happened? How did that pilot stopped her madness?”

Xceed then joins Sam as they fight the other two A-class Gundam.

It’s not that long till the reinforcement came to help. Some of mecha in black color moves into the battlefield as they shoot toward the CCA forces, pushing them away.

“Defend our customer!”

Even the CCA knows whose forces are those.

Taecyeon grunts, “Argh, we have entered the Baroque Shop’s territory! Let’s retreat for now!”

All CCA forces move away from there.

At the bridge of Pledis, a man appears in the communication line, “You have reached the territory of Baroque Shop. Lower your weapons and put all mobile suits into your ship.”

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

A3’s cockpit slowly opens up as Jiyeon is seen fainted in there. Everyone is gathering around her suit.

Hyomin enters the place first and shakes her body, “Jiyeon, Jiyeon! Wake up! There’s no time to sleep!”

She wakes up thanks to the vigorous shake and looks to her front. She can see the rest of the gathering as she mutters, “What just happened?”

Taecyeon responds, “You have gone berserk during the fight. Your suit got thrown off from your fight and crashes onto the Evening.”

“It’s a wonder how that Gundam is able to disarm her,” Lee Joon mutters, “When Jiyeon has gone bad, a lot of people is needed to calm her down. Only Goddess can handle her easily.”

Jiyeon tries to step out of her cockpit, but her head emits a painful wave and trips over. Lucky for her, the zero gravity around the place saved her fell onto the floor from that 30 stories tall mobile suit.

Hyomin quickly grabs her as she speaks to her, “Let me send you to your room. You should rest for now.”

The two floats away from there as the other two ace pilots are looking at her.

Taecyeon mutters, “That Gundam is a problem. Its appearance can change into a different form of fighting.”

Lee Joon looks at him, “But Captain, doesn’t it sound the same as CCA’s AGE-1’s AGE System.”

“But there are differences between AGE-1 and this Gundam. Don’t you see how weapons just appear out of nowhere? To the least AGE-1’s mothership sends out its needed arm wear.”

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hyomin helps Jiyeon enters her room as she puts her to sleep. It seems the two has already changed from their pilot suit into their uniform. How is that even possible for her to change in that condition?

Don’t get the wrong idea, ert.

Ether way, Jiyeon pulls the blanket and covers herself with it.

Hyomin just looks around the room. She saw the picture of their friends before the holiday starts 2 years ago. Jiyeon’s brother, Syer is seen in that picture.

She remembers that he is the only man that she ever closed to. She knows too well how close Jiyeon and her twin brother are.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The scene shows a flashback as Hyomin and Jiyeon are at a kitchen. The two are baking something chocolatey. They seem to be focusing on it.

Hyomin suddenly speaks up, “Jiyeon, to whom are you going to give those chocolates too?”

She is startled, “Uh...um…I…”

“Syer-oppa?”

“Agassi!” she is annoyed by her tone.

Hyomin laughs, “Why so serious?”

Jiyeon mutters, “Don’t get the wrong idea! I just don’t have a boyfriend yet. So I was just thinking about giving these to him for Valentine tomorrow.”

Hyomin chuckles as she moves closer to her. She then whispers at her right ear, “Do you want to marry Syer-oppa?”

“Agassi! Us both are twins!”

“Well, there’s always marriage.”

marriage is a term used on a marriage involved by (duh) two different genders (gay and lesbian still aren’t accepted in this era) from the same family. It started back when people on Earth were separated into four different continents. Because the human is decreasing in numbers, each and every one of them injected themselves with an anti- virus so inbreeding can happen without any disease happens to their products.

But when they had gone to space, with the increasing numbers of population thanks to the merge between Earthling and other human-like alien, the uous act was forbidden once more. Still, because the virus is spreading through generations, the acts happened could not be justified. So they make a new rule for the marriage.

Upon marriage, if any of the two marry someone else, the marriage will be permanently disbanded.

Hah, this is where the known clan like Park Family and Ryu House appear. These powerful and notable clans refused to follow the rule and they were given exception before any new war happens. While the head clans get to have their own harem, they can also keep their marriage intact. Yes, people in this era are so messed up.

If you think men are winning here, note to self that head clans don’t necessarily have to be men. Women can also become the head clans as well. Hyomin is the heir of Park Family’s head clan.

Back to the story, Jiyeon shouts out loud, “I am not gonna marry my brother!”

“Okay then,” Hyomin looks away. She seems to be happy with that word.

On her part of the chocolate, the word ‘To: Park Syer’ can be seen.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

“GRAAH!”

Hyomin enters the room she and Jiyeon shares during their life as idols as she sees Jiyeon is throwing away her stuff everywhere.

She screams till she can no longer release her voice out of . And while that happens, she keeps throwing her stuff around the place.

“Jiyeon!” Hyomin goes to grab her arms to make her stop, but she was thrown away toward the wall.

Hyeyoung, Qri and the other girl enter the room to see Hyomin got thrown off for the second time. They decide to help and grab Jiyeon each, disarming her from anything. Yet she manages to throw the three away.

Soyeon enters the room and turns toward her. She slowly walks toward her and puts her index finger onto the berserk girl’s forehead.

Amazing! With just a touch, she has stopped struggling. Jiyeon has her eyes fixated toward the Goddess. Her breath can be heard clearly as it goes silent.

“ Goddess, are you okay?” Hyeyoung asks her with a bow as she smiles, “I am fine. But I am worried with this one.”

“Huh?”

The girls look at her as her eyes are looking straight toward Jiyeon, “This is the first time I have seen such reaction from you. If this ability is used on the battlefield, the enemy will have a hard time against us.”

Hyomin has her eyes widen, “But, that is too much! Jiyeon is just a-…”

“I’ll do it…” Jiyeon’s voice is heard.

Hyomin shouts out loud, “What are you talking about!? Just because someone talked about what you just did just now, which we have no idea what is that thing, you are going to join the military? It’s bad enough when we joined the war as the celebrities, but as a soldier as well?”

Jiyeon stands up, “I’ve made up my mind. I just got the news that they will cease the searching immediately. I know oppa is still alive. I can feel it. I will find him myself if I have to.”

Soyeon pulls Hyomin out of the room toward the kitchen as Hyomin speaks up first, “I don’t get it! Why are you asking for her to join the fight?”

Soyeon sighs, “I, for one, against the idols to join the battlefield. But don’t you read the news? Idols nowadays joined the military ranks and prepared to kill anyone. Having bodyguards alone isn’t helping much. This era has too many unrivaled ace pilots.”

“Is that why Boram-unnie joined the ranks? To save herself?”

She stares straight toward her. Hyomin can feels a strong death glare coming out of her eyes.

“Did you saw what Jiyeon just did?”

“Yeah, well…”

“That’s what scientists recently called as ‘Demonic Possession’. We just learn that this kind of situation happened in the exact same way in the time before the Exposition Century. This kind of situation isn’t happened the first time today. She has been showing the same symptoms before.”

“Before?”

Soyeon mutters, “Core Content Autho- no, Core Content Media have been keeping a tab on her since she was a little girl, before she moves into Z-Seoul with her family. When she got depressed, she might show a vicious side with increasing speed, reflexes and strength. This thing is too dangerous to be keep at home.”

“If we were to let her live like a normal human without any restriction, we should send her into the battlefield whenever she enters this state. The destruction can happen in the enemy side.”

“Are you…using her?” Hyomin stutters.

The God-like being smiles, “I’ve talked to her about this. It’s her choice to join the military. Rather than staying in here hoping her brother is found, it’s better if she has her own team to search for them herself. It’s going to be tough, but I’m sure she can do it.”

“But…using your own friend like this…”

“That’s where your role comes in.”

“Eh?” Hyomin looks at Soyeon with the mixture of hope and confusion.

She just smiles at her, “You could be her faithful protector. You could serve her. If in case you got your team first, you can help her search for him.”

Hyomin sighs, “I…I don’t know what to do…”

“Boram, Hyeyoung and Jiyeon will join the army. Only you and Qri won’t. Qri has a problem of concentration, so she won’t be good for the military. Did you want to be left out?”

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Back to the present, Hyomin has no idea how did she even ended up in this mess. She originally just wants to take care of her, making sure that she won’t face any harm. But now this servant family member is now her superior. It’s not like she has a problem with that. It’s just too fast in just one year.

Argh, whatever. Since they are now alone in this room, she might as well sleep with her here.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Pledis is entering the Baroque Shop, a huge floating building in a form of a garage with some cool stuff like radio disc or guns on top of it. Seriously, it looks like a huge weapon.

The crews, lead by Ryusang walk out of the ship to meet a man in black with some people in camouflage green.

“You must be Captain Lee Ryusang from Avex Federation. It’s a good thing that you have informed us your intention of coming into here,” the man speaks up, “My name is Ash Asuno, the owner of this shop.”

“It’s nice to see the man behind this famous shop himself,” Ryusang responds as the two shake their hands.

Ash suddenly sees Asemu walking out of Pledis as he speaks out loud, “Asemu, are you assigned in this ship?”

Asemu startled by his appearance, “D-dad?”

Shraffe and Hwayoung are seen nearby him, muttering in unison, “What a great family reunion.”

“Dad, you worked here?”

“You didn’t know?” Shraffe and Hwayoung ask him, again in unison.

“How should I know? We never actually speak together. He is always so busy with his work. Last time I heard that the time I entered Avex is the time he resigned from Avex.”

“What a bad son you are,” the two are still speaking in unison.

Sam appears nearby the two, “Since when did you two speak in unison? You two are always acting like a magnet; having different polarities.”

The two look at each other, “Well, that’s weird. Why did we speak at the same time? No, stop it! You stop it! Don’t say what I’m about to say!”

A man’s voice is heard, “Ah, you two must be the co-pilot of Reisos’ newest mecha. I can see the problem you are facing right now.”

Some of the crews of Pledis turn toward a man with white skin and white hair.

Sarah speaks up, “I’m sorry, but who are you?”

Shraffe and Hwayoung shout in unison, “Ah, you…er…you are…(what should I call you?)”

The man smiles and turns toward Ryusang, “You must be the captain of Pledis Warship. I am Setsuna F Seiei, Reisos’ bodyguards.”

“Bodyguards?” Sarah asks in confusion and turns toward Sam, “You said the same thing about yourself before.”

Setsuna responds, “Bodyguard is a term used by Reisos for their pilots. We are nothing but a defense forces to defend our colonies.”

The two siblings whisper in unison toward the man, “Setsuna-san/-ssi, is it okay for you to use your codename for the introduction to Avex’s soldiers?”

Hwayoung mutters, “I thought you are the kind of person that is strict to the rule of not telling anyone about yourself.”

And Shraffe continues, “Yeah, in this situation you always use your real name and-hey, we are no longer in unison!”

Ferhad appear moving out of Pledis with some mechanics, “It’s good that you two stop speaking in unison. It’s much creepier than finishing off each other sentence.”

“Where are you going?” Sam asks him as he mutters, “Getting some supplies. Xceed isn’t in a good shape after the last battle. If there’s anything about Reisos, you could just tell me that.”

Setsuna turns toward the siblings, “Well, I don’t need to use my real name for everything. Besides, Lee Ryusang has a family worked with Reisos. I doubt he will betray his own family.”

The crews of Pledis turn toward him in shock, “Say what!?”

“I thought this news will be obvious when I told you guys that these Reisos members are my friends.”

Soomi mutters, “But we all thought that you just happened to befriend with them.”

“While knowing that they are Reisos’ pilots?”

The crews then gather far from him, gossiping, “Maybe he is a spy.”

“Or maybe he has a family problem. Maybe he didn’t like Reisos at all.”

“Or maybe there’s a ghost involved.”

“Yeah, definitely a ghost.”

“What the hell are you talking about!?” Ryusang shouts at them all.

Shraffe glares at him, “Don’t tell me you didn’t control your crews much.”

Setsuna taps Shraffe’s shoulder suddenly, “I would need you, Ryu Hwayoung, Sam Ashiraf and Lee Ryusang to present at this place’s meeting room. We need to talk about something.”

“About Reisos’ matters?” Hwyoung turns toward him, “But we are too young to know any crucial information.”

“It’s not just about Reisos, but also about the marks on your palms.”

“The Roleplayer marks?”

Some of the crews heard this and start gossiping again, “Our captain is into roleplaying?”

“No, I’m not!” Ryusang shouts at them.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

They are now in the meeting room as Setsuna is standing at the front.

Shraffe speaks up first, “Is there anything we need to know about these marks?”

Setsuna opens his mouth, “First, have you ever heard about the Power of 24?”

“Huh?” the men look at each other as Hwayoung sighs, “Great, I am the only who knows that.”

“What’s that?” Sam asks her.

Hwayoung mutters, “Power of 24 is the legendary power from zillion years ago. The power is used by 24 different people with different personalities. It is said that this power is so strong that when it was used once, the war in that year stops immediately.”

“Indeed,” Setsuna mutters, “And since human increased in numbers, and so is the Power of 24. This 24 people have multiplied in numbers, turning them into 48 instead. And each individual that represent the power marked with those marks.”

“You mean, this?” Shraffe shows him his bat mark, “Wait, what this is supposed to mean?”

“The Power of 24 only appear when the world in a huge chaos. The chaos would be so huge that the whole world could be dead by this. And it seems the Power of 48 serves the same value as well.”

“But what’s with the different marks?” he asks again, “I mean, mine is a bat. Hwayoung’s seems to be a wind. Ryusang has a dragon and Sam is a sword.”

“It’s because those are the role you will have to put up with. Each of you have been given a role which you should complete it.”

“What are those roles?” Ryusang raises his hand.

Silenced…

“I don’t know…”

All the juniors bang their heads on the table.

Shraffe sighs, “How can we follow the role if we have no idea what it is?”

“I guess you have to figure it out yourself,” Setsuna concludes.

Hwayoung suddenly speaks up, “Oppa is a vampire! So that might have meant that he is supposed to beautiful girls’ blood!”

“Don’t you dare speak nonsense!” Shraffe turns toward her.

“What if it’s true? You are a vampire, I am a runner. I run from you, you…”

“NO! I will never submit myself to my own sister!”

“But I’m not your sister…”

“But I love you like my own sister!”

Hwayoung stomps the table and stands up, “Fine, you want to play with feelings? How about this? I LOVE YOU!”

“I will never allow such forbidden feelings coming from my own sister!”

And the two argue with each other, making noise in that room. Such embarrassment, considering how old they already are.

Setsuna could only sigh. This whole scene reminds him of his old life.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

“So, what now?”

Shraffe turns toward Sam as all four walk out of the room.

Sam speaks up, “We should go to the Plutone colony. One of Reisos’s branch is located in there.”

Ryusang mutters, “Well, we do wanted to go to Plutone sinc Avex’s headquarter is right there. We should put Qri in a safe place after all.”

Setsuna walks out of the room and heard them speaking, deciding to in, “About Plutone…”

Everyone turns toward him.

“Few days ago, SMM attacked Plutone for no reason.”

The four just nod, “That’s Soo Man. No need for a reason.”

“And Plutone uses its ultimate defense during that time.”

“Which is?”

“Running.”

Question marks float on top of those four. A space colony running? But it is a space colony. Space colonies is made to stick in one coordinate and one coordinate only due to their weight.

“Plutone is capable of moving away from its coordinate as its defense mechanism.”

Silenced. It really took time to process such words.

Ryusang mutters, “Does that mean, that colony is no longer at the same coordinate as it is supposed to?”

Nod.

“GRAAAHH!!! NO WAY!! WHY THE HELL DID THAT HUGE CHUNK OF METAL MOVES AWAY FROM ITS AXIS!?”

The four shout in panic and scrambles around the place as if the world is ending.

Setsuna calmly states, “I can give you the new coordinate.”

But those four could never hear his words in such ruckus.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Asemu is floating at the shop, looking around the place, “Where have the captain gone to? We are supposed to launch the ship once we have finished re-supply.”

“Asemu.”

Asemu turns to his back, hearing the voice and saw the man who saved the ship from further destruction, “Father?”

“It seems you are now working with the Avex Federation.”

“I am, father.”

Ash sighs, “Do whatever you want.”

“What is that supposed to mean?” Asemu snaps.

“You have grown up already. There’s no need for me to tell you who you should join with.”

The older Asuno walks away from there, leaving Asemu flustered.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

All crews of Pledis are now at their position in the bridge as Romary mutters, “The new coordinate of Plutone has been received.”

Ryusang calmly speaks, “Pledis, move out.”

The dragon-like ship moves forward away from Baroque Shop.

 

A/N: Finish. It took way longer than I thought to finish this. Maybe next chapter I should focus on Jiyeon instead.