Bounded by Love

Bounded by Love

“Breaking News! Super Junior members Leeteuk, Shindong, Eunhyuk, Kyuhyun and two managers were involve in an accident. As you can see behind me the paramedics are transferring three people who are in critical condition,” a female reporter informed the viewers. The cameraman showed the scene of the accident where paramedics were transferring 3 patients who seemed like they had the most injuries.

“You guys, there has been an accident,” Taeyeon yelled loudly.

Tiffany came in the living room and said, “What are you talking about?”

“Who got in an accident?” Hyoyeon asked once she got in the living room.

Sunny came in and asked in a worried tone, “What happened... unnie?”

Everyone became quiet as soon as the female reporter continued to talk. She continued, “It’s been identified that Leeteuk, Kyuhyun and one of the managers are currently being transferred to the hospital. They seem like they have the most injuries from the accident. It’s been reported that Eunhyuk, Shindong and the other manager were the least injured.”

“What accident?” Seohyun asked once she arrived at the living room.

Sooyoung came in the living room right after Seohyun came in and asked, “Did this just happen recently?”

Jessica, Yuri, and Yoona came in the living room and watched the news very closely.

They weren’t showing the crashed car and the ambulance anymore; it was now showing how they were back in their studio with a male newscaster. The male newscaster stated, “Thanks Bianca. That was the scene of the accident where Super Junior members got involve in a car crash. It’s not been confirmed yet, but it’s been said that Kyuhyun may be the most injured.”

After hearing that Kyuhyun is in a critical condition, Seohyun’s knees gave in as she fell to her knees and sob uncontrollably.

 

Seohyun’s POV

It was already 9 o’clock and we were waiting for our manager to pick us up.

I told the other members that I was going to visit you and stay there overnight.

“Seo... you’ve had a long day today. We had schedules since early in the morning. Why don’t you rest at home today and catch up on sleep. You’ve heard what his family said yesterday; his mom will accompany him tonight,” Taeyeon unnie explained to me.

“But unnie... he might wake up tonight. I’m sure he would want to see me when he wakes up. I’m sure he misses me,” I argued.

Although I’m having high hopes for something with a low possibility, I’m still hoping for the impossible, I’m still keeping faith.

“You won’t give in will you,” Taeyeon unnie asked.

“No,” I answered quietly.

“I’ll tell manager oppa,” Taeyeon said understandingly.

“Thanks unnie,” I said as I gave her a hug.

The other members were talking idly with each other as I stood there waiting, waiting to hopefully hear your voice again.

Our manager came and just like Taeyeon unnie promised, she asked our manager if I could stay at the hospital for tonight. He agreed and let me visit you.

We were driving for a while and after a few minutes; I was almost at the hospital. Manager oppa dropped me off at the entrance of the hospital as he, along with the other Girls’ Generation members, said goodbye.

I closed the door and said goodnight. I walked towards your suite hoping to see you again.

It’s been a while. It’s been a while since I last saw your smiling face. It’s been a while since I felt your warm embrace. It’s been a while since I felt your enticing kisses. It’s been a while since I saw you... awake.

I was by the door and the door was left ajar. I peeked to see what was going on and saw your mom holding your hands tightly. Across your mom was a doctor, who seemed like he was explaining something to your mom.

I opened the door wider and came in your hospital suite. Your mom was crying and was mumbling words that I couldn’t comprehend.

“I’m sorry, Mrs. Cho,” the doctor said giving your mom a slight bow before leaving.

“Eomeoni (Mother),” I said as I approached her.

“You’re here,” she said as she carefully wiped away her tears, which were soon replaced with fresh new tears.

“What’s wrong?” I asked, not even knowing why, my tears soon fell from my face, without even understanding what just happened.

“Don’t cry sweetie. I’m sure Kyuhyun wouldn’t want to see his precious girl crying,” she said as she caressed my hair, in an attempt to calm me.

“Eomonie... what’s wrong? He’s fine right?” I asked her as I attempted to wipe away the tears on my face.   

I failed since more tears replaced the tears I wiped away.

She shook her head and said, “I’m afraid not. The doctor said that on top of being in a coma, they have found internal damages that they didn’t see before. The doctor said that his lungs have been pierced and that Kyuhyun has to go through surgery to make a hole in Kyuhyun’s neck to repair the damage.”

Your mom cried as she told me what the doctor has said.

“Why don’t we try and go through the surgery?” I asked as more tears fell from my face.

“The chances of him surviving the surgery are slim to none. That would mean that even if he recovers, his occupation as a singer would end. All he wanted ever since he was little was to become a singer. Taking that away from him is much worse. I think it would be better if he lived his life as a singer, till the very end,” your mom explained further.

“What are you trying to say eomonie?” I asked, afraid to hear her answer.

Your mom continued to cry and said, “It’s time to say goodbye. We have to let his suffering end and pull off his life support.”

I was faced with my greatest fears as I heard your mom say that I may not see you again. Everything that I fear will happen, happened. I may never see you again and just thinking about it makes my tears flow faster and uncontrollably.

I held your other hand and whispered, “I love you.”

 

3 Months Later

“Seohyun sweetie, why don’t you eat a little bit of what Taeyeon unnie cooked for us tonight,” Sunny unnie asked as she came in my room.

I looked at her for a while then she added, “She made it just for you. It’s your favorite.”

I gave her a stiff smile and said, “It’s okay unnie, maybe tomorrow. I’m sort of tired.”

She approached me and gave me a warm hug saying, “If you want to cry, cry. Don’t keep it bottled inside Seo. Don’t smile and pretend you’re fine, when you’re not okay. Just know that we’re here for you and that you don’t have to pretend that you’re not hurt. It’s okay. You can let your emotions pour out.”

“Is that okay? Can I do that?” I asked and saw Sunny unnie give me a slight nod. “It’s coming,” I warned her as my tears slowly fell from my face.

“There... there... you’ll feel much better after letting everything out,” she said as Sunny unnie continued to hug me and comfort me while brushing my hair.

We stayed there for a while and I just let my guard down and let myself cry from the loneliness, longing and emptiness I feel ever since you left.

After a few minutes, my eyes felt dry that I feel like I cried all the tears my body can produce. No more tears would come out, even if my heart still feels the same. It did feel better.

“Are you feeling better?” Sunny unnie asked as I stopped crying.

I gave her a slight nod and said my thanks.

“No problem Seo. Like I said, I’m here for you. We’re here for you. You don’t have to go through this alone,” she said as she gave me one last hug, then she exited my room.

I grabbed my pajamas and I went to the washroom. I brushed my teeth, then looked at myself in the mirror and saw my reflection. The girl in the mirror didn’t seem like me at all. Her eyes were bloodshot red, snot were slowly dripping from her face; she looked like a mess.

I washed my face and changed into my pajamas. I never noticed until now, that it was your first monthsary present you gave me. It was filled with bears in angel and devil costumes.

I went to my bed and let exhaustion take over. I let my tired eyes close and let my troubles be temporarily forgotten.

*Seohyun’s Dream*

The sun was brightly shinning. I looked around to see what else I could see and I could see the beautiful shoreline of a beach.  The beach’s sand were brown but was so light that it was almost white. I bent down and felt the sand beneath me. As I held the sand, little bits of grains of sand slipped in between my fingers; it was soft.

I closed my eyes and felt the warm rays of the sun engulf me in its presence. I continued to stay in my position, just enjoying the sunshine until someone slapped my .

I opened my eyes and saw you squatting beside me.

I closed my eyes and rubbed my eyes. I didn't believe it was you, so I opened my eyes once again, and then carefully examined you.

I saw you look straight at me with that warm smile I missed the most. “Missed me?” you asked with that infamous smirk that you have.

I took that as a chance and jumped on you making you lose your balance as you fell on the sand. We stayed on the sand as you took me in your embrace. You smiled and carefully placed your arms beneath my head as it acted like a pillow.

We stayed like that and just quietly absorbed the sunshine above us, no words being exchanged; just being together says it all.

“How have you been?” you asked me suddenly.

“I miss you,” I answered.

“How are you though?” you asked again.

“Lonely,” I replied.

You gave a small chuckle and said, “You miss me that much?”

“Of course. I haven’t seen you since...” I started until I drifted off not saying the rest.

You laughed again and said, “Go ahead. You can say it. It’s not some bad word Seobaby, it was just unfortunate.”

“I would rather not,” I replied.

“Whatever suites you,” you said with a smile.

“How about you? How are you Kyu?” I asked.

“Bored. There’s nothing to do except doing good deeds. I thought that you immediately go to heaven or something but you actually have to take some time on earth to reflect on your bad deeds and do nice things to help you move on to the afterlife. Seriously, I didn’t know that it would take more effort being nice than doing bad things,” you complained.

I let out a laugh and said, “Only you would complain about that. I guess EvilKyu wouldn’t suit you anymore.”

“I guess. You can even call me an angel,” you bragged.

“Araso araso... AngelKyu,” I replied as I smiled at you.

Seohyun... Seohyun... Seohyun...

“You have to go,” you said suddenly.

“What? Why?” I asked. “No I don’t. I want to stay here with you,” I continued.

“You have to wake up now,” you said quietly.

“No don’t go. I want to stay here with you,” I complained.

“You have to wake up Seo. Don’t worry though. Since I passed the 3 month time period since my death, I can visit you in your dreams again,” you said as your image started to slowly fade.

“Do you promise?” I asked as I held my pinky out.

You let out a laugh and said, “You still do that?” I nod my head as you continued to laugh. “I promise,” you said as you connected your pinky with mine.

Your image began to fade into the background. You said, “Hey Seo... before I go, I have to tell you something.”

I listened intently on what you have to say and you continued, “I love you Seohyun. I love you baby and that will never change. I will continue to love you until my last breath.” Your figure was barely noticeable but I could still hear your voice. “I mean... even after my last breath I would continue to love you. I will love you even when I reach the afterlife, and the one after that. I will never stop loving you, remember that,” you added as your figure wasn’t visible anymore.

The background slowly fades and I could feel myself seep back into reality... into a world without you.

Visit me soon Kyu... I miss you already.