Only One

Only One

 

 

 

youre the only one



It looked so damn real that Luhan couldn't help but feel jealous.

From the sidelines, he watched as Sehun the maknae became Sehun the dancer. Bones and long limbs, all in fluid motion.  But more than anything else, it was the expression on his face that got Luhan transfixed. He saw how the younger boy felt the music, the pain of heartbreak as told by the song. That was what got him envious of BoA-sunbaenim, Sehun looked as if he really loved her.

The pale-skinned boy ran towards Luhan as he exited the stage after his short part in the performance. Luhan's heart was still beating fast from watching him so he was a little short of breath when Sehun gave him a hug and squeezed him tight. "How was it?"

"You were great." He forced a smile on his lips as Sehun pulled back from the embrace. Luhan would have wanted it to last a little bit longer but, although they were partially hidden by the darkness of the backstage, they were still in public.

"Really? You don't look like you mean it." Sehun frowned. "And what's with that smile?"

"What smile?"

"The smile that says I'm pretending to be happy but I'm not." Sehun leaned down to peer at him. "What's wrong hyung? Was it that bad?"

"No, I told you, you were great." Luhan started walking away but Sehun stayed him with a hand on his arm.

"Really, hyung, what is it?" The taller boy asked quietly.

He hesitated before he answered. "You looked in love." It was difficult getting the words out because they sounded ridiculous, no, he sounded ridiculously jealous. "I saw it in your eyes as you looked at her while you were dancing. I felt it."

"That's good." Sehun broke into one of his rare dopey smiles, one Luhan liked to believe was reserved only for him. Though it hurt to see it this time because the maknae practically confessed his love for the female singer. How was that good?

"I'm glad you felt it." He moved closer. "Because during the dance, I was thinking of you." Then Sehun leaned down to brush a soft I love you against his ear.




moments when the conversation stop for a moment


They were on their way home from a convenience store. Since they kept on fighting about which flavor of ice cream should be bought, Junmyeon ordered-requested-more-like-pleaded for them to get it themselves so the whole dorm can rest from their bickering for a while. Although the other members thought it was a bad idea, they also decided that anything was better than watching the pair fight over dessert.

 

Baekhyun and Chanyeol spent about an hour more than a normal person would take to buy the ice cream plus the snacks for the remaining eight people in their dorm. It was their day off except for Sehun who has a scheduled performance with BoA and Luhan who chose to accompany their maknae. With nothing to do, Baekhyun and Chanyeol figured they had all the time in the world to fight over strawberry and vanilla. Never mind that there were the other hungry members awaiting their return.

Chanyeol was carrying a gallon of strawberry ice cream in one hand (because Baekhyun always won) and a plastic bag of food in the other while Baekhyun was happily whistling empty-handed (because, well, Baekhyun always won) as they walked side by side. There were just a handful of people on the streets. Perfect, really. A peaceful mid afternoon stroll or as peaceful as a Baekhyun and Chanyeol stroll could be.

Two blocks from their dorm, Baekhyun stopped in front of an appliance store window and watched as a dozen or so LCD screens displayed their senior, Boa, as she performed her new song. "I want to be like her."

"You want to be a girl?" Chanyeol asked incredulously (stupidly in Baekhyun's opinion).

"No. I want to be a famous performer like her. I listened to how she sings while she dances. Amazing breath control, perfect pitch. Awesome." Baekhyun watched mesmerized.

"I also want to stand on that stage, sing my own song, and be amazing. Just like that." He pointed at a screen as he looked at Chanyeol beside him, his smile saying I could do it, I would do it.

"Then I would have to practice my dancing." The taller boy returned the smile.

Baekhyun threw him a confused look which Chanyeol answered. "So I can be on the stage with you. Just like that." He nodded his head towards the screen. It was during Sehun's dance interval, their maknae's arms were around the female singer, when Baekhyun turned to look. "Yeah, just like that."

Baekhyun couldn't keep the blush from spreading across his cheeks. "What are you saying?" He mumbled and proceeded to punch Chanyeol's arm before walking again.

"That hurts." The taller boy transferred all the bags he was holding to one hand so his free one can rub the spot. Baekhyun stopped walking again. "Sissy." He said and raised his hand to punch Chanyeol's arm again but this time the younger boy caught his fist, held it and pulled it down between them.

The hand closed around Baekhyun's slender fingers until they slackened and moved to make space for Chanyeol's longer ones, moved until they were intertwined and clasped palm to palm. The next, they were walking again, holding hands, a ridiculously wide smile pasted on Chanyeol's face.

Because this time he won.




we will become strangers at this place right now



It was because he fell in love when he wasn't supposed to that Jongin was there sitting on the floor of their living room, watching Kyungsoo sleep on the sofa. They were alone in the dorm, the other members having decided to eat out as Chanyeol and Baekhyun were taking too long to return with the food. It wasn't unusual for them to be left behind. Everyone knew how they preferred to just stay at home.

Kyungsoo was lying on his side, his hand pillowing his head. Jongin's eyes traced his hyung's face. His round eyes concealed by his closed eyelids, his cute nose, his lips that turn into an adorable heart shape when he smiled. There was the familiar tug in his heart as he remembered how the older boy laughed when they tell jokes, when they were being too ridiculous for words, or when Jongin makes a fool of himself dancing his silly shower dance.

The thing was... he loved Kyungsoo. More than was necessary and more than was allowed. He knew of Chanyeol and Baekhyun, even of Sehun and Luhan. They were as touchy and as close as Jongin and Kyungsoo were in and out of the limelight. The difference was, to them, each touch and whisper and smile meant love while Kyungsoo's meant friendship. Eternal, bone-deep friendship.

Jongin wanted that but he also wanted for Kyungsoo to see him not only as a friend but also as a lover. The problem was Kyungsoo couldn't see. It has been so long but he just couldn't. As time passed, Jongin fell more and more in love but Kyungsoo's heart was stuck just somewhere out of reach.

It hurt to pretend that Kyungsoo felt the same way about him when he knew that he didn't. And he has come to realize that the pain... it would only stop if he stopped. Stopped wanting and looking for something that would never be there. So he was stopping right now. Today. Because tomorrow he was sure he was going to love Kyungsoo more and he may never survive it with his heart intact.

Jongin stood up and leaned down to touch his lips against Kyungsoo's temple. "I love you, hyung." He whispered before walking away.

Kyungsoo awakened to the sound of fading footsteps, confused as he felt a droplet of something hot roll down the side of his face.



AN: The drabble titles are from the english translation of the lyrics of Boa's Only One